No it was not worth buying7%7% - 5
I dont have it yet, but I plan to25%25% - 16
I dont have it, dont plan on getting it22%22% - 14
I dont like it, waiting for 10X to see how gd it is9%9% - 6
Total: 63
Megalomaniac
Formerly known as Missionless
+92|6328|105 RVK
I have it, but I'm still on vacation so I havn't tested it yet but what do you think of it?
lukeiamnotyourfather
Joe's Crematorium, You Kill'em, We Grill'em!
+37|6677
It's delicious!

lol i dont have it.  only a 5700
wedge3382
UD-6 Talon Whore
+14|6558|Ellisville, MS
It's worth buying, only if you can afford it.  Two of the bad boys in SLi mode just kick ass.
Bell
Frosties > Cornflakes
+362|6550|UK

wedge3382 wrote:

It's worth buying, only if you can afford it.  Two of the bad boys in SLi mode just kick ass.
Agreed, on the first part atleast, it makes no sense to buy dx9 cards if you can afford to make the jump into dx10.  But I cant for the life of me work out why those of us with something like a 7950GX2, or X1950XTX cards would want/need to make the leap.  I have an 8800GTX in my new rig (not yet arrived) and tested a 8800GTS in it and although I could run 2142 on full settings with 16x AA etc, I just dont see the point if you already have a card capable of gettings that (all be it not as well).  I went up from a shitty AGP x1300 card so this was a pretty major graphical leap for me with my new system, but on a buddies rig compaired to my new one, mine with the G80s is better (obviously) but for someone like him with the best of dx9 or atleast a half descent there was no point in making the jump just yet.

Martyn
kylef
Gone
+1,352|6494|N. Ireland
R600 boys.
Dieselboy
Flicker of beans since 1986
+87|6551|Reading, Basingrad
I have two in SLI.....worth every penny.

One was free though

Last edited by Dieselboy (2007-01-03 16:32:12)

LockerFish
+47|6707
How free?
Dieselboy
Flicker of beans since 1986
+87|6551|Reading, Basingrad
One got delivered.....and another one arrived the next day.
According to them they only sent one........which is fine by me!!
Bell
Frosties > Cornflakes
+362|6550|UK

Dieselboy wrote:

LMAO, I love that!  I am waiting to see the price of the R600 and/or see what nvidias reply to the new ATI card is, I am in no mad rush, my mobo has a huge crack init!

Martyn
vpyroman
Aeon Supreme commander
+16|6617|UCF

Bell wrote:

Dieselboy wrote:

LMAO, I love that!  I am waiting to see the price of the R600 and/or see what nvidias reply to the new ATI card is, I am in no mad rush, my mobo has a huge crack init!

Martyn
wtf did you do to your tower?! drop a bowling ball on it?
Jbrar
rawr
+86|6542|Winterpeg, Canada
I like my 7950 for now, i'll wait until the 8600's or 8900's are released. Hopefully by then ATI will have also released their cards, then i'll make the leap. But for now, I gotta pay off my system.
splixx
ChupaCABRA
+53|6740|Omaha, Nebraska
Love it.... Blew my 7950 GX2 out of the water.
Bell
Frosties > Cornflakes
+362|6550|UK

vpyroman wrote:

Bell wrote:

Dieselboy wrote:

Martyn
Half my fault and the post man   I installed the mobo (evga n680I which I got half price ) then the rest of the hardware, booted it up, and ran 3dmark06.  Got a score of 6000 which I should be doubling with this system (or atleast when i finish with it) and knew something was up.  Took it appart, and found one of the RAM sticks was fried, the rear of the mobo had a huge crack init, and one of the pci slots (the non SLI one) was twisted :S  I didnt notice this as I put it together so I must of done something later, but God knows what.  Getting the replacement in a week free of charge so am actually making a bit of money on it (in a way) there refunding the £190 price on the site, I got it for a little over £100.

Martyn
MagikTrik
yes.....but your still gay
+138|6371|Pittsburgh, PA USA
Definitely worth it as far as i can tell, there just isn't anything the 8800 can't tear apart right now.
Megalomaniac
+92|6328|105 RVK

MagikTrik wrote:

Definitely worth it as far as i can tell, there just isn't anything the 8800 can't tear apart right now.
That game Oblivion has only a shocking 18 FPS on maxed out settings with the 8800!

Last edited by Missionless (2007-01-03 17:22:43)

Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6582|SE London

Missionless wrote:

MagikTrik wrote:

That game Oblivion has only a shocking 18 FPS on maxed out settings with the 8800!
Can you run it on maxed out settings on an 8800? I thought there were issues when enabling AA and HDR on it with the 8800 (or any other Nvidia card, but they don't count as they can't do AA+HDR together). Rather than the AA working it just smudges the screen a bit. Could have been fixed with new drivers though.

Last edited by Bertster7 (2007-01-03 17:26:01)

Mad Ad
+178|6512|England, UK
Its great!....................for roasting chestnuts on, keeping the room warm, for making you buy 120mm fans off dorothy to keep the damn thing cool in summer, adding a boatload of power usage to your electric bill - oh and it plays a few games too but they still look like they did on your old dx9 card.

BUY IT NOW!!!!!!!!11111111
Megalomaniac
+92|6328|105 RVK
lol I had a 6600 so I think I made the right call on buying it.
SonderKommando
Eat, Lift, Grow, Repeat....
+564|6660|The darkside of Denver
waiting.... my 7900gt's do just fine. i dont need to spend 500+ dollars on a card that will run the same game at higher frames when my settings are already maxed and i wont be able to visibly see the difference in fps.
jsnipy
+3,276|6523|...

Coming from a 7950gx I could not imagine a smoother game. But sure enough, noticeable gains. In all fairness i went form an amdx2 4400 to a C2dE6700 .. might have had an impact also.

(asus branded)
Ottomania
Troll has returned.
+62|6522|Istanbul-Turkey
I think no because 7950 or x1950xt is enough too.
ednodes
Part-time Owner
+12|6545|Bath

Bell wrote:

vpyroman wrote:

Bell wrote:

Martyn
Half my fault and the post man   I installed the mobo (evga n680I which I got half price ) then the rest of the hardware, booted it up, and ran 3dmark06.  Got a score of 6000 which I should be doubling with this system (or atleast when i finish with it) and knew something was up.  Took it appart, and found one of the RAM sticks was fried, the rear of the mobo had a huge crack init, and one of the pci slots (the non SLI one) was twisted :S  I didnt notice this as I put it together so I must of done something later, but God knows what.  Getting the replacement in a week free of charge so am actually making a bit of money on it (in a way) there refunding the £190 price on the site, I got it for a little over £100.

Martyn
Dude, what site is this?!?!
ssonrats
+221|6646
My 8800gts was well worth it, i can play all highs now on any game
Bell
Frosties > Cornflakes
+362|6550|UK

ednodes wrote:

Bell wrote:

vpyroman wrote:

Martyn
Dude, what site is this?!?!
www.scan.co.uk I doubt you will get the deal I got mate, but good luck anyways

Martyn

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard