use number buttons56%56% - 87
or the quick back button1%1% - 3
Other?11%11% - 17
Total: 153
Pfc. Leemus
Ownerer via the strategic use of bullets
+20|6609|N.S.W, Australia
Numbers.
Is the quick button like Q in counter strike?
takes you to your last weapon used?
MagikTrik
yes.....but your still gay
+138|6372|Pittsburgh, PA USA
I use an n52 & have the D-Pad set to select my weapons
Varegg
Support fanatic :-)
+2,206|6811|Nårvei

Press Mouse Scrollwheel: Knife
Left Back Mousebutton: Prone
Left Front Mousebutton: Pistol
Wait behind the line ..............................................................
Kratos Aurion
+36|6643|Sweden
Pistol on "2"
Main Rifle on "3"
Medic/ammo/repair on "F"
Grenades on "Press Mouse Scrollwheel"
Knife on "1" and mousebutton to the left
Unlocks like rockets and defibrillator on "4" and "5"
Rubix-Cubes
+123|6657|UK
bloody hell didnt think there was so many ways, funny how diffrent ppl play, i am going to play a few rounds in sinlge player and try the mouse buttons, i cant use the numbers as i am always to busy ducking and diving
gene_pool
Banned
+519|6622|Gold coast, Aus.
Numbers are the most efficient way.
Fredrik
i hate you all
+201|6650|Norway
It`s all about finding a way that works for you, i think most hardcore-gamers use the #keys.

The mouse button saves my life all the time: It`s not that i cant hit the #keys, but every time i do i always press caps instead of shift to run afterwards, and i hate to be killed while i`m looking at he map screen

It`s also great for switching between firing modes. And thanks to those 3 buttons there i fly better with m/k than most people do with a joystick.

Yeah, and also "F" for pistol. Well, that works for me i guess...
B1GBUD
+17|6597|Under an Artillery Shell
I use the arrow keys for directional controls and the following for weapons:

Delete: SMG
Insert: Knife
Home: Pistol
Page Up: Supplies
Pagedown: Nades
End: Prone
7 Numpad: Paddles

got used to this setup as I used to use a MS Mouse which didn't have a clicky mousewheel.... I now have a G7 but havn't thought of anything to map to the Back button.... maybe parachute, I'm undecided.
DrunkFace
Germans did 911
+427|6682|Disaster Free Zone

-=raska=- wrote:

I dont have 2142 but Im pretty sure it works the same as bf2

I always use the number buttons
numbers = 1 movement. Hit a Number.
Mouse wheel = 2 movements. Move mouse wheel, then press fire. This makes it slower and there's more chance of making a mistake.

Either bind a custom key setting like some have or learn to use numbers it will save your life numerous times and get you extra kills.
LongShot22
Claymore Landscaper
+1|6716
I'm other. I use the Nostromo N52 game pad and a MX518 mouse, almost never use the keyboard.  I have all the buttons set up between the pad and mouse.  As for switching weapons, knife is on the mouse and all the other weapons are on the thumb pad on the N52.  It takes some time to get use to the pad but I feel that it's much more quicker and accurate once you got it down.

https://images10.newegg.com/NeweggImage/productimage/26-169-003-02.JPG

https://www.logitech.com/lang/images/0/12347.jpg
Pice_of_paper
oBy| Back In Business
+28|6463

Kanil wrote:

I don't. Sometimes it clicks and that closes out the pr0n I'm watching, which is entirely unacceptable. I use my desk now.
you guys are sick! LOL
Zefar
+116|6650|Sweden
That mouse is pretty damn good imo. I got one to but my black buttom have turned into the metal colour under it XD

Anyway I use the keyboard with the 1-3 numbers to change my weapons.
LongShot22
Claymore Landscaper
+1|6716
I think the key to utilizing the scroll wheel depends a little on the mouse.  I like it to have a sort of  heavy click to it.  My buddies almost doesn't click at all and it is so hard to get it to stop on the weapon I want.
LongShot22
Claymore Landscaper
+1|6716

Zefar wrote:

That mouse is pretty damn good imo. I got one to but my black buttom have turned into the metal colour under it XD

Anyway I use the keyboard with the 1-3 numbers to change my weapons.
Yeah same with my mouse.

Last edited by LongShot22 (2007-01-04 08:14:11)

Sydney
2λчиэλ
+783|6844|Reykjavík, Iceland.
I always use numbers when switching weapons, no exception. My fingers are long enough to reach 8 while still being on WASD and it's much faster.
LongShot22
Claymore Landscaper
+1|6716
Only problem I have with using the game pad is that now I completely suck if I try to revert back to the key board so I use the pad for just about every game I play.
Elamdri
The New Johnnie Cochran
+134|6648|Peoria
I use mouse buttons
tino275
+14|6613
I use the Numeric Key pad for almost everything 7=Pistol /=Knife 9=mainweapon(machine gun/sniper rifel)
zeidmaan
+234|6416|Vienna

Instead of paddles and medpack I have Pistol and Knife, since I never reload in the middle of a gunfight
-MP-Nuke1266
+20|6717
I've got a G7, and I have the side button set to cycle weapons. Once you get used to how many clicks it takes to select a certain weapon, I find it faster than scrolling.
XX-ifrit-XX
+3|6368|Somerset, England
I use a MX518 like the pictures above ^^ so i have + - minus as sensativity adjust (extremely useful in the titan guns and ground defence)

Then use the top left button for the main gun and then bottom left for my Knife and im thinking of setting the bottom right to Defib as ive been playing assualt lately.

Ive got a RaZor copperhead 2 but i dont like the side buttons so i dont use it for Bf.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard