san4
The Mas
+311|6688|NYC, a place to live
The Mashtuur map displayed during loading is inaccurate. The water tower (circled in red) is not behind the Hill flag. ZOMG!

https://img90.imageshack.us/img90/877/mashtuur64rev3am4.jpg

Sorry if this has been posted before. I searched and didn't find it.

Does anyone know of other inaccuracies in the maps?
wedge3382
UD-6 Talon Whore
+14|6557|Ellisville, MS
Also if you notice the map doesn't show the bridge behind the sub station either
[TP~Bravo]Wiggy
Failure By Design
+39|6546|Cardiff, Wales, Uk.
Well blow me down, EA have another mistake i never saw that coming!
elite.mafia
Banned
+122|6454|USA
lawl
l::.:LIAM:.::l
+139|6673|Blue Mountains, NSW, Australia
You should be a detective
el capitan
+11|6531
Nice catch! If I can remember, there are a few other things like that I noticed, but can't quite remember atm.
Phrozenbot
+632|6616|do not disturb

Wow, I never noticed that.
rustynutz
I am British!
+124|6683|England and damn proud
lol, what made you notice that?
DonFck
Hibernator
+3,227|6632|Finland

rustynutz wrote:

My guess is "Verifying Client Data"
I need around tree fiddy.
lord_tyler_486
+54|6752|Upper Franconia
The minimaps were made before the actual map was finished... DICE ........ Those guys didn't even manage to get the actual buildings on their minimaps, just the shadows as you can see. The DICE mappers forgot to type renderer.minCullDistance 3456 into the Editor Console BAAHAH. BTW in FuShe Pass, the minimap water color is completely different from the color it really has ingame. On the minimap it looks more like the river is... just DIRt and MUD.
Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6566|England

Hellogoodsir wrote:

Wow, I never noticed that.
Ditto.
I also cant see the road that goes around the back of the Hill CP, past the "forgotten village"
Titch2349
iz me!
+358|6352|uk

Another little thing....

The map that is displayed in the "Game options" screen is not a map that is included in BF2.

With a quick glance, you can presume it is Mashtuur. Look carefully... it doesn't look anything like it.

https://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e305/Titch249/mashtuur.jpg

lord_tyler_486 wrote:

The minimaps were made before the actual map was finished... DICE ........ Those guys didn't even manage to get the actual buildings on their minimaps, just the shadows as you can see. The DICE mappers forgot to type renderer.minCullDistance 3456 into the Editor Console BAAHAH. BTW in FuShe Pass, the minimap water color is completely different from the color it really has ingame. On the minimap it looks more like the river is... just DIRt and MUD.
3456? i always use 10000 :S

Last edited by Titch2349 (2007-01-03 09:57:35)

loonitic
...is a potty mouth
+286|6535|Valhalla
^^ is that a PLA flag on the minimap?
Anubis5289
Jaffa Kree
+55|6759|Campbeltown, Scotland

loonitic wrote:

Yup so it is!
fatmarik
+23|6582|Anywhere i am needed
yeah
Titch2349
iz me!
+358|6352|uk

loonitic wrote:

uuuhu, and also there are far, far more flags than is in Mashtuur...

There appears to be an attack chopper and a Anti Air Vehicle on the map aswelll

https://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e305/Titch249/minimap-1.jpg

Last edited by Titch2349 (2007-01-03 10:06:05)

Toilet Sex
one love, one pig
+1,775|6572

I noticed the water tower and PLA flag too awhile ago... you'd think they would take more care with this stuff since it's a G A M E which will be S O L D to people.
loonitic
...is a potty mouth
+286|6535|Valhalla

Titch2349 wrote:

loonitic wrote:

uuuhu, and also there are far, far more flags than is in Mashtuur...

There appears to be an attack chopper and a Anti Air Vehicle on the map aswelll

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e305/ … imap-1.jpg
It must be the original Mastuur, I have seen vids for it but none the less the PLA flag still confuses me
Titch2349
iz me!
+358|6352|uk

It does seem to be the Mashtuur map in creation.

Looking at the ingame screenshot, there appears to be no lightmaps, the number of tickets hasn't been set, the health/ ammo bars are not functioning, the fog has not been set, etc etc.

----------------------

Military planners for both the US and the People’s Republic of China quickly realized that this sector contains key strategic bridges that provide easy armored access to the Manchurian heartland and deployed accordingly. To secure possession of these vital lines of advance elements of both nations are racing to meet head-on amidst the scattered farms, villages and industrial areas of this ancient, remote landscape.
Does anyone recognise this map description?

In the localization files it is listed as a map called "hinganhills" which i guess would have been called Hingan Hills

FuShe Pass also appears to have previous been called "Glowing Pass"

Last edited by Titch2349 (2007-01-03 10:38:39)

lord_tyler_486
+54|6752|Upper Franconia

Titch2349 wrote:

lord_tyler_486 wrote:

3456? i always use 10000 :S
random numbers FTW!

Oh btw: for those who are interested, Mashtuur City's initial name was "Divided City". I'm pretty sure you could google it, it's somewhere as [ugly, horrible, and small] map downloadable on the internet. Some DICEguy felt happy and changed the map size and name and contents...

There are so many playable maps that have not been included in the BF2 release although they could have been.
arnica
+18|6680|Sydney
Nit pickers ... just play the game.
sfarrar33
Halogenoalkane
+57|6619|InGerLand

Titch2349 wrote:

It does seem to be the Mashtuur map in creation.

Looking at the ingame screenshot, there appears to be no lightmaps, the number of tickets hasn't been set, the health/ ammo bars are not functioning, the fog has not been set, etc etc.

----------------------

Military planners for both the US and the People’s Republic of China quickly realized that this sector contains key strategic bridges that provide easy armored access to the Manchurian heartland and deployed accordingly. To secure possession of these vital lines of advance elements of both nations are racing to meet head-on amidst the scattered farms, villages and industrial areas of this ancient, remote landscape.
Does anyone recognise this map description?

In the localization files it is listed as a map called "hinganhills" which i guess would have been called Hingan Hills

FuShe Pass also appears to have previous been called "Glowing Pass"
can you play higan hills or is it just a description and a name and nothing more?
ShoopDaWhoop
Banned
+53|6333
there was a lot of stuff that got left out, probably because dice are just lazy.

the original mashtuur looks far better i think tho

would have been nice to see the original maps.

hopefully they'll get released one day.
san4
The Mas
+311|6688|NYC, a place to live

DonFck wrote:

rustynutz wrote:

My guess is "Verifying Client Data"
lol--exactly right.
pRiNcEkAhUnA1
+6|6469
Actually they wanted to be able to have about 100+ people playing at a time, so of course the maps would be bigger.... Which would be why you see a helicopter and an anit-air vehicle in the mini-map.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard