..teddy..jimmy
+1,393|6661

golgoj4 wrote:

Ottomania wrote:

lynxlyran wrote:

exploit
noun

1. To take unfair advantage of something or someone so as to achieve one's own aims.
            Thesaurus: capitalize on, take advantage of, misuse, profit by, use, abuse, manipulate, cash in on.
I a msure you are not good at solo flying eh?
btw, I always give chance to gunners, because decent accounts are popular in those days.
i suck @ solo tv...but then I never worked on it because I think its lame. Call me old fashioned but I prefer to play by the intended rules...but hey, if you need to fly high and safe as opposed to getting in there and really using some flying skill, thats up to you. Everyone has their own opinion, and since everyone spent their own $50 on it, Im not gonna say 'omfg glitcherz!!!' I kinda prefer solo pilots because they generally have spent so much time on tv, they cant fight another chopper. So to the guy who asked, learn to be a kick ass pilot 1st, then the lame-o tv missile next. Actual pilot skills will save you in a fight, not a specialized glitch.

p.s. I think my opinion is somewhat tainted by watching countless hours of the Military channel...that is the best network ever next to cartoon network I think...
Learn to be kickass pilot but that is not hard. To be honest, i'd say that a TV missile will save your ass in a chopper fight. Sure, be a good pilot but i would spend more time practicing TVs.

If you want a good chopper pilot just hook me up on x fire
..teddy..jimmy
+1,393|6661
BTW, soloing rules only if you know how to. I used to suck at it but now I tilt the chopper downwards and it makes my TVs so much more accurate because I tend to stay high.
tupla_s
+455|6603|Finland
Also if you tilt it a bit to the left it doesn't start rotating as fast when you switch seat
_-_911_-_180891
+540|6514|Shanghai, ethnicity=German

DoctorFruitloop wrote:

The chopper spins because there is no longer anyone flying it, you've switched seats. To solo you need to adjust the aim before you switch seats so that when you do and switch to tv missiles you'll be lined up because of the spin.

EDIT: Beaten to it by Don once more..... CURSES!
silo1180
The Farewell Tour
+79|6433|San Antonio, TX
Do most of you squad up with your gunner/pilot?  I just got a joystick so I've just started flying and working on TVing (mostly on single player but if someone asks me to hop in I'll give it a whirl).  Anyway, I'm getting better at it, but most of the time I want to ask the pilot to dip the nose a little more or turn a direction so I can take out something I saw, but if you're not on the same squad it's pointless. 

And... everyone talks about "noob gunners" but if I'm hopping in as a gunner I'm taking just as big a chance that you are a good pilot (which has not been the case most of the time I'm asked to hop in).  I can't gun if you suck as a pilot and can't hold it steady long enough for me to spot and get the shot off!
deadawakeing
Ummmmmmmmmmmmm
+145|6493

DonFck wrote:

Hi! Welcome to the forums.

The chopper starts spinning automatically without someone in the pilot seat. There are no adjustments for it. If you want to solo, you have to aim a bit to the left before switching.
orrrrrrrrrrrrrr

do what i do simultaneously or very close to hit F2 then right click and click like a fucken animal ... works everytime
oChaos.Haze
+90|6449
OMG.  I can't believe the audacity of some people on here.  I can GUARANTEE you, that a skilled solo chopper can do more for the team than a good pilot and a shitty gunner that the pilot picked up to be nice.  All you people that say this game is about teamwork are right.  It's just that if you really want to win and you suck at the chopper, then you'll stay out of it.  A chopper can make or break a team.  Obviously there are maps and situations that a pilot and gunner are a neccessity, but a skilled solo pilot will ALWAYS > a noob plus skilled combo. 

ps, sarge is right, who the hell aims left?  Well actually, it is a good learning method.  Once you've figured out how to fire swiflty though, leave all that aiming left shite behind.

Last edited by oChaos.Haze (2007-01-02 09:25:36)

Skorpy-chan
+127|6356|Twyford, UK
It spins because nobody's compensating for the engine torque with the tail rotor. It's meant to STOP you seat-switching, so find a gunner like a good little chopper whore.
Chorcai
+49|6659|Ireland

oChaos.Haze wrote:

OMG.  I can't believe the audacity of some people on here.  I can GUARANTEE you, that a skilled solo chopper can do more for the team than a good pilot and a shitty gunner that the pilot picked up to be nice.  All you people that say this game is about teamwork are right.  It's just that if you really want to win and you suck at the chopper, then you'll stay out of it.  A chopper can make or break a team.  Obviously there are maps and situations that a pilot and gunner are a neccessity, but a skilled solo pilot will ALWAYS > a noob plus skilled combo. 

ps, sarge is right, who the hell aims left?  Well actually, it is a good learning method.  Once you've figured out how to fire swiflty though, leave all that aiming left shite behind.
Dr0pped
+8|6765|Ontario, Canada

lynxlyran wrote:

exploit
noun

1. To take unfair advantage of something or someone so as to achieve one's own aims.
            Thesaurus: capitalize on, take advantage of, misuse, profit by, use, abuse, manipulate, cash in on.
I'm not entirely sure how the seat-switching is an unfair advantage. A good pilot/gunner crew (especially those on TS/Vent - or is that an unfair tactic as well?) will generally win over a good soloist. If people say it is unfair for someone to take down other choppers soloing, doesn't it stand to reason that  they will hit them even more if they have a good pilot driving them?
adv3rsary
+28|6727
you have to tilt the chopper a bit and fire the missle fast, once missle is fired it doesnt matter if the chopper is spinning just hit your target and get back to the pilot seat and get your balance back.. once you do it for a while, you ll get a hang of it and can make it so it doesnt even spin that much (instead strafe sideways or whatever)
TheBelcorwyn
The Man With the Golden AK
+21|6652|Gainesville, FL

lynxlyran wrote:

ZekersSneakers wrote:

It's not a glitch or an exploit, it's a design flaw. A very good design flaw at that.
exploit
noun

Nothing unfair about it, so it's not an exploit, buddy boy.  It's called honed skill.

Belcorwyn
lynxlyran
+15|6655
If the pilot was meant to have a TV missle he would have one. Solo pilots are EXPLOITERS. Taking advantage of the TV capability when they are supposed to use missles. Taking advantage of the fact that you can switch seats (breaking AA lock when you do,  ie-exploit again) instead of TEAMING up with another player.

Lets see a solo pilot circle hover while gunning infantry. Solo pilots deny an awesome weapon that another TEAMMATE could have used.

Fact is, solo pilots SUCK. (and I derive great pleasure in killing them with an AA gun or Jet)

I for one, refuse to use the TV solo. It is a lot more fun to land near a groundpounder and commmo rose "get in". Not only more fun but better for the TEAM.

There is no such thing as a crappy gunner. Only crappy pilots that don't know how to fly so they hover up at 350-400 slinging the TV missle all around while out of sight of most ground peeps. Yeah, lotta skill needed there. Your all a bunch of losers who think they are 1337.
fierce
I love [fiSh]
+167|6579

FrankieSpankie3388 wrote:

It's really not that hard if you just move to the left a bit. [...] The only thing I really hate is when people brag about it, make videos on it, or redline you so they can solo tv.
Why should you move to the left a bit? Just get quicker or get some more practice and you'll discover ways where the helo only floats a little bit to the left without even spinning and so much more. If you want to get practice on Solo-Helo go for the server "Battlefield.no Chopper Mayhem". Sometimes there are pretty lolskilled guys online, but you get even really good pilots there.

And flying your Gunner out of bounds? I do that regularly because i dont want to fly with most public players. If i want to fly in a heloteam i grab one of my friends. Tho bad luck if you redline an admin of the server.

I kinda prefer solo pilots because they generally have spent so much time on tv, they cant fight another chopper. So to the guy who asked, learn to be a kick ass pilot 1st, then the lame-o tv missile next. Actual pilot skills will save you in a fight, not a specialized glitch.
As long as the pilot doesn't skilled and timed evasive maneuvers like barrelrolls, ranging etc. you're dead anyway against a skilled solopilot who usually fly pretty high and stay far back.

lynxlyran wrote:

Solo pilots are EXPLOITERS. Taking advantage of the TV capability when they are supposed to use missles. Taking advantage of the fact that you can switch seats (breaking AA lock when you do,  ie-exploit again) instead of TEAMING up with another player..
Has been fixed in an previous patch, even if you switch the missiles just hit you if the pilot spams the missiles.

Last edited by fierce (2007-01-02 13:57:59)

oChaos.Haze
+90|6449

lynxlyran wrote:

If the pilot was meant to have a TV missle he would have one. Solo pilots are EXPLOITERS. Taking advantage of the TV capability when they are supposed to use missles. Taking advantage of the fact that you can switch seats (breaking AA lock when you do,  ie-exploit again) instead of TEAMING up with another player.

Lets see a solo pilot circle hover while gunning infantry. Solo pilots deny an awesome weapon that another TEAMMATE could have used.

Fact is, solo pilots SUCK. (and I derive great pleasure in killing them with an AA gun or Jet)

I for one, refuse to use the TV solo. It is a lot more fun to land near a groundpounder and commmo rose "get in". Not only more fun but better for the TEAM.

There is no such thing as a crappy gunner. Only crappy pilots that don't know how to fly so they hover up at 350-400 slinging the TV missle all around while out of sight of most ground peeps. Yeah, lotta skill needed there. Your all a bunch of losers who think they are 1337.
I'm in a crappy mood today and this one just sent me over, so pardon the condescending manner in which I make these points:

There is no such thing as crappy gunners?  BY FAR one of the dumbest things I have read in my lifetime.  Were you even thinking when you wrote that?  Example, I aim at a tank, and my gunner tries to mg the tank.  Period, argument over, you lose.  And once again, it's NOT better for the team if the duo sucks.  Get over it.   A good solo pilot can still take on groundpounders with ease.  Go 90 and 4 with your "pilot", cause that's what I see people do everyday SOLO.  I have seen many, and also do this myself.   And aa still hits you if you switch now.

Oh and if this is you:  http://bf2s.com/player/5033343/  I really wouldn't try to explain to people what chopper ettiquette is.

FACT IS:  In almost 1000 hours you have 16k kills.  So I bet you don't derive pleasure much.

Last edited by oChaos.Haze (2007-01-02 15:19:07)

adv3rsary
+28|6727
funny how only people that claim it's an exploit are people that can't do it / suck at it
if it was an unfair exploit EA wouldve fixed it by now along with all other 1s they have fixed and if you dont want to give that kind of credit to EA fine, but it is easy enough to own a soloer with a chopper w/ a good pilot/gunner so it isnt by any means unfair
majorassult
I <3 ak101
+307|6674|under there hayousaidunderwear

lynxlyran wrote:

Helicopter 72:34:41 829 1,860 0.5409

ohh u r teh 1337 in choppa
T0rr3nt
+54|6588|Michigan
counter the swing...

p.s. solo owns.

and lynxlyran  is a rtard noob. HOW CAN YOU SUCK THAT BAD WITH 1000 HOURS!?!?!

Last edited by T0rr3nt (2007-01-02 16:02:24)

Toilet Sex
one love, one pig
+1,775|6583

SargeV1.4 wrote:

why the f*ck is everyone telling him to rotate to the left? you can instantly fire a TV missle.
Only necessary post in this thread.
elite.mafia
Banned
+122|6465|USA

Fenris_GreyClaw wrote:

Macros help.
No, macros are for pussies who suck at the game.
Blehm98
conservative hatemonger
+150|6474|meh-land
lol

there's a guy in my clan who has shot down many J10s trying to shoot him down, and this is while soloing.  Soloing is not an exploit, because soloing does not give you an unfair advantage, as two fair players in a chopper can beat a good soloist most of the time.  Its just a way of using pure skill instead of having to die because of a pathetic noob who gets in the chopper
Abbeylanders
+1|6337|Emerald Isle
wow! - never expected all of that over my little question.....very entertaining!

...thanks for all the info guys!........going to give the soloing a go today....

i wonder will I get so ...emmmm....enthusiastic about it all......
lynxlyran
+15|6655

oChaos.Haze wrote:

lynxlyran wrote:

I'm in a crappy mood today and this one just sent me over, so pardon the condescending manner in which I make these points:

There is no such thing as crappy gunners?  BY FAR one of the dumbest things I have read in my lifetime.  Were you even thinking when you wrote that?  Example, I aim at a tank, and my gunner tries to mg the tank.  Period, argument over, you lose.  And once again, it's NOT better for the team if the duo sucks.  Get over it.   A good solo pilot can still take on groundpounders with ease.  Go 90 and 4 with your "pilot", cause that's what I see people do everyday SOLO.  I have seen many, and also do this myself.   And aa still hits you if you switch now.

Oh and if this is you:  http://bf2s.com/player/5033343/  I really wouldn't try to explain to people what chopper ettiquette is.

FACT IS:  In almost 1000 hours you have 16k kills.  So I bet you don't derive pleasure much.
You cheat, I don't. Nuff about that.

I'm proud of my .74 KDR and 1.2 SPM and .9 W/L. I have fun and enjoy the game.

I never played a FPS before and have more purple hearts that I can shake a stick at, so what? I'd fly circles around you in a choppa, and take you down in head to head rockets only.

OK, MAYBE you don't cheat, but all you are is a team killing one dimensional Wake Island gunner whore then. How easy is that?
The_Killer
Banned
+113|6536|dunno

lynxlyran wrote:

oChaos.Haze wrote:

lynxlyran wrote:

I never played a FPS before and have more purple hearts that I can shake a stick at, so what? I'd fly circles around you in a choppa, and take you down in head to head rockets only.

OK, MAYBE you don't cheat, but all you are is a team killing one dimensional Wake Island gunner whore then. How easy is that?
You really have no clue what you are talking about.
oChaos.Haze
+90|6449

lynxlyran wrote:

Wow, don't you love when people dont even THINK before they speak or type?  So this topic goes from the pros and cons of solo piloting, to this guy calling me a cheater and for some reason, assuming he could beat me in a chopper battle.  Rockets only?  You just topped yourself for stupidity.  Should we have a tank battle and just go mg to mg?  Think next time before you speak.  I'm always on, come find me and show me this "flying circles around me" you so boldly speak of. 

And as for playing mostly wake....I bought this game correct?  Don't I have every right to play ANY map I want for ANY amount of time?  Can't I choose to whore vehicles?  Just like some people love IO, I love vehicles.  It's why I bought the game.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard