Not
Great success!
+216|6620|Chandler, AZ

FrankieSpankie3388 wrote:

If I really wanted to look for number of people with AIM I would, and that number would be a lot larger than what XFire has.

Whatever, I know only 3 people to game with on BF2. All three just look at my stats page if they want to join a game I'm in and if we want to start together, we go on vent and say the ip address, never fails. Seems stupid to download a program that just logs your time in a game.
Also lets you instantly know who's playing what. It won't minimize your game window to show you a message, like AIM does. That got me killed a lot in games before i got xfire. Easier file transfer system too. Not to mention you don't get all the extra shit and spyware that you do from AIM. So gg.
Riddick51PB
+21|6552|Lincoln.ne.us

Hurricane wrote:

AIM is fucking annoying, someone messages you you get minimized to desktop.

XFire is the wave of the future, I'd love it if my real-life friends had it. Nothing like pwning in a jet then suddenly, a slight freeze, then minimize to desktop to see this message of utmost importance:

"sup?"

-_-
you'd want to use Gaim with pop-ups disabled.
MagikTrik
yes.....but your still gay
+138|6414|Pittsburgh, PA USA

redhawk454 wrote:

If it has anything to do with AOL I wont use it.
AOL is the devil.
[Hive]-Twist
+13|6409
Okay so I should get AIM so I would have to minimize the game, message, bring the game back up? Or I could just do scroll lock+x and speak to my friend while in the game with xfire?

-_-
docnutz
+39|6803|B O S T ON area

Riddick51PB wrote:

I hate XFire, I honestly don't see why people use it. Can't we all just get some instant messenger and just im the ip address instead of all downloading a seperate program?
with xfire there's no typing the wrong ip address.  you just click join on your buddy and you're there in server with him.
plus u do not have to wait an eternity to connect to client server / validating
Sgt.Gene
+215|6808

If I really wanted to look for number of people with AIM I would, and that number would be a lot larger than what XFire has.

Whatever, I know only 3 people to game with on BF2. All three just look at my stats page if they want to join a game I'm in and if we want to start together, we go on vent and say the ip address, never fails. Seems stupid to download a program that just logs your time in a game.
Anything to do with spyware infested AOL = fail
<BoTM>J_Aero
Qualified Expert
+62|6509|Melbourne - Home of Football
Xfire ftw.
brett f
+8|6647|Upstate SC
What I like is the fact that a buddy of mine and I will be on a good server I can scroll+X and tell another friend playing WoW that we have found a good server to join us and he can right click and join in. No hassle.
tsmokes
+7|6360
Xfire is about to blown away.  some friends of mine pointed me towards PLAYXPERT.  its still in development, but i just joined the inner circle on their website.  it'll use all kinds of jabber bridges to aim, and yahoo and xfire.  i use xfire now, but pretty much everything i hate about xfire is being fixed by this software.  you can write widgets for it, which is totally awesome and i kept posting on the xfire forums suggesting that and the site administrator said it was impossible!  anyway, i found my new IMer.  you can use it in game and out!  holy crap!
Hurricane
Banned
+1,153|6674|Washington, DC

tsmokes wrote:

Xfire is about to blown away.  some friends of mine pointed me towards PLAYXPERT.  its still in development, but i just joined the inner circle on their website.  it'll use all kinds of jabber bridges to aim, and yahoo and xfire.  i use xfire now, but pretty much everything i hate about xfire is being fixed by this software.  you can write widgets for it, which is totally awesome and i kept posting on the xfire forums suggesting that and the site administrator said it was impossible!  anyway, i found my new IMer.  you can use it in game and out!  holy crap!
Wow, their site acts like they're a DoD and FBI top-secret weaponry research facility.
Paco_the_Insane
Phorum Phantom
+244|6688|Ohio
XFIRE is MY LIFE
Unclean009
Da Dirty Man!
+66|6695|Spokane, Washington

I use xfire because

1. I take all my screenshots with it
2. I like the game log feature
3. Its easy to talk to people, while still staying in game
4. My computer Isn't gay, plus it doesnt take up that much ram, if you want to save ram, exit explorer.
tsmokes
+7|6360

Hurricane wrote:

tsmokes wrote:

Wow, their site acts like they're a DoD and FBI top-secret weaponry research facility.
haha, the FBI doesn't have weapons facilities.  they're paper pushers!  CIA maybe.  if anybody wants an invite to the PLAYXPERT site, let me know.  i got an invite from a friend in another clan.  once you're invited, you can invite others.  the software doesn't launch till the 20th, so they only want serious gamers who know what they're talking about to check out the website.  its mostly clan and guild leaders who are on there now.  but seriously, i think its going to destroy xfire.  this other guy was telling me it'll probably be bundled with most popular MMOs because they have a lot of backing from developers.  i don't know.  just spreading the word
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6761|Riva, MD

redhawk454 wrote:

If it has anything to do with AOL I wont use it.
Me neither.

Des.Kmal wrote:

Hurricane wrote:

XFire is the wave of the future, I'd love it if my real-life friends had it. Nothing like pwning in a jet then suddenly, a slight freeze, then minimize to desktop to see this message of utmost importance:

"sup?"

-_-
i got like 10 of my friends from my school to get xfire, lmao.
Lucky.

tsmokes wrote:

Hurricane wrote:

tsmokes wrote:

haha, the FBI doesn't have weapons facilities.  they're paper pushers!  CIA maybe.  if anybody wants an invite to the PLAYXPERT site, let me know.  i got an invite from a friend in another clan.  once you're invited, you can invite others.  the software doesn't launch till the 20th, so they only want serious gamers who know what they're talking about to check out the website.  its mostly clan and guild leaders who are on there now.  but seriously, i think its going to destroy xfire.  this other guy was telling me it'll probably be bundled with most popular MMOs because they have a lot of backing from developers.  i don't know.  just spreading the word
I'll take you up on it.  I wonder which one is more RAM conservative, that'll be a large decision factor for some people.

Last edited by _j5689_ (2007-01-12 10:21:01)

tsmokes
+7|6360
you'll have to send me your email address, and same goes to anyone who wants an invite.  i've got like 20 invites, so first come, first serve.
Titch2349
iz me!
+358|6396|uk

i hate it.... but i use it
_j5689_
Dreads & Bergers
+364|6761|Riva, MD

tsmokes wrote:

you'll have to send me your email address, and same goes to anyone who wants an invite.  i've got like 20 invites, so first come, first serve.
We should try to invite more people to try it, the 1st Beta comes out on the 20th.
tsmokes
+7|6360
the first beta is kicked back to the 30th.  the developers wanted to add MSN messenger support.  so it'll support AIM, Yahoo, MSN, and Xfire.  and jabber and googletalk are next.  and its free.  hit me up for invites.
Riddick51PB
+21|6552|Lincoln.ne.us

tsmokes wrote:

the first beta is kicked back to the 30th.  the developers wanted to add MSN messenger support.  so it'll support AIM, Yahoo, MSN, and Xfire.  and jabber and googletalk are next.  and its free.  hit me up for invites.
nobody Fing cares if your newbie messenger is free.  Xfire owns you.  if you can't stay on topic, Xfire, then go make your own thread and stop using mine to advertise your junkie beta messenger.
l41e
+677|6692

acEofspadEs6313 wrote:

Hurricane wrote:

"sup?"

-_-
Away message with pop-ups disabled ftw!
Thank you.
Yes, because not receiving messages > receiving messages.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard