Sambuccashake
+126|6599|Sweden
Hi there!

I was just wondering if someone knows if the result of a DysTek Pulse Meter scan is relayed to other squad members as well or if it's only the user who benefits from the result.

Thanks in advance!

PS. The Dystek Pulse Meter is an unlock for the support class.

https://files.2142-stats.com/2142/unlocks/gi_u-423.jpg
TheEternalPessimist
Wibble
+412|6609|Mhz

Just you, not your squad.
JohnLeavitt
+16|6432

TheEternalPessimist wrote:

WRONG... the pulse meter does spot the enemy units to your squad, my clan mate uses it all the time in titan attacking, he pulses the hallway and we can all see the guys down at the other end. it is really handy for checking if the grenades killed them all lol.
jsnipy
+3,276|6511|...

JohnLeavitt wrote:

WRONG... the pulse meter does spot the enemy units to your squad, my clan mate uses it all the time in titan attacking, he pulses the hallway and we can all see the guys down at the other end. it is really handy for checking if the grenades killed them all lol.
Maybe your receiving squad members have to have netbat?

Last edited by jsnipy (2006-12-05 06:20:30)

Sambuccashake
+126|6599|Sweden
Yeah, the netbat thingy makes sense.

The reason I'm asking is that I was playing Squad Leader last night and I was using this device pretty much because the commander must have been AFK (no UAV, orders or stuff like that) and it seemed to me that my squad got the jump on quite a few enemies that would have been hard to take out without UAV/commander scans.

Also, look at the squad play videos in the media section, the OP is using the Dystek quite a bit but I couldn't hear if anyone commented on it.
And since he was a very sensible squad leader and didn't rush into battle it would be a waste of unlocks for him if his squad didn't get any info.

Hmmm... I just might ask him.
TheEternalPessimist
Wibble
+412|6609|Mhz

JohnLeavitt wrote:

I dunno why I bother, it doesn't even add them to your NetBat system let alone theirs. It's not spotting enemies for you it just dumps a red marker on their position for that one instant, if they move the marker doesn't move with them, so it's not going to your netbat.

Also, the description of the item makes not one singular mention of it going to you or your squads netbat, which they make a very distinct point of emphasizing on every single other item that does send info to your squad.
Bernadictus
+1,055|6726

Yes it does. But all your squad members need NetBat Infantry ID.
GeoEnvi
+22|6676|Philadelphia, PA
Two things (from another VERY sensible and seasoned squad leader):

1) The DysTek Pulse meter DOES relay the INSTANTANEOUS location of enemy troops to ANYONE in your squad with a NetBat helmet.  Who cares if it's only for an instant? At least you can check if they are there!

2) The Squad Leader UAV Drone is a MUCH better method of spotting enemies for your squad's NetBat system.  It's quicker, it's constant, and it covers ALL directions.  Plus it's usually free with a Field Upgrade (most people have the SLSB).  AND it frees up a slot in the Support Squad Leader kit - EMPs and Sentry FTW.
Sambuccashake
+126|6599|Sweden

GeoEnvi wrote:

1) The DysTek Pulse meter DOES relay the INSTANTANEOUS location of enemy troops to ANYONE in your squad with a NetBat helmet.  Who cares if it's only for an instant? At least you can check if they are there!

2) The Squad Leader UAV Drone is a MUCH better method of spotting enemies for your squad's NetBat system.  It's quicker, it's constant, and it covers ALL directions.  Plus it's usually free with a Field Upgrade (most people have the SLSB).  AND it frees up a slot in the Support Squad Leader kit - EMPs and Sentry FTW.
Thank you.
w33t
+36|6347
I find that using the DysTek in conjunction with the Recon drone is very effective.

Both the recon drone and the pulse meter give updates every 5 or 6 seconds or so (not sure of exact times) - these updates only show the location of an enemy at the time of the scan. However, the enemy may be on the move. If you stagger your DysTek scan with the Otus recon drone's updates you can recieve updates every 2.5 seconds for your squad.

It's a tricky skill to master, but it's really effective at locating moving troops vs. campers. Using this technique usually enables me to locate holes in a line of defense much more easily than waiting for single updates from the drone. Also I find I can identify enemy moving towards us before they appear.

Also, be aware that while the drone gives you a 360 degree update, the DysTek only gives you a 180 degree update - so if someone is sneaking up behind you, only the recon droid will be able to scan them.
Master*
Banned
+416|6484|United States
Anyone notice that the pulse meter doesnt work sometimes?
jkohlc
2142th Whore
+214|6515|Singapore
i prefer the Otus UAV drone...it helps you to scan once in a while and you can have an extra slot for items...

plus you can surf on it..
Bernadictus
+1,055|6726

GeoEnvi wrote:

Team vehicle damage!
Team vehicle damage!
Team vehicle damage!
Team vehicle damage!
Team vehicle damage!

- That is running through the titan with a drone behind you....
MochaBayGuy
+3|6474|Fort Collins CO

Masterstyle wrote:

I have found that the pulse meter and recon drone has trouble working in an area (about 50 meters) from where someone has set out the PDS-1 Vehicle Detector (Engineer unlock).  The PDS-1 also messes with the UAV.  I use the pulse meter a lot, and it has allowed the snipers I accompany to get many head shot pins since their net-bat helmets will track the targets for a longer period.
Master*
Banned
+416|6484|United States

MochaBayGuy wrote:

Masterstyle wrote:

I have found that the pulse meter and recon drone has trouble working in an area (about 50 meters) from where someone has set out the PDS-1 Vehicle Detector (Engineer unlock).  The PDS-1 also messes with the UAV.  I use the pulse meter a lot, and it has allowed the snipers I accompany to get many head shot pins since their net-bat helmets will track the targets for a longer period.
Sometimes the pulse meter doesnt work even when there isnt a PDS out.

I think its just buggy
CackNBallz
+45|6732|Toronto, Canada
You have to have your 3D map enabled, which you can toggle with the left Alt button. If you can't see the flag icons, the pulse meter will not show anything on the screen or the minimap.
Master*
Banned
+416|6484|United States

CackNBallz wrote:

You have to have your 3D map enabled, which you can toggle with the left Alt button. If you can't see the flag icons, the pulse meter will not show anything on the screen or the minimap.
if this is true ill give you +1
[LCI]squeakyfleece
O-<--< stick man lolololol
+27|6646|perv

jsnipy wrote:

JohnLeavitt wrote:

Maybe your receiving squad members have to have netbat?
correct
Samtheman53
Banned
+346|6684|UK

Bernadictus wrote:

GeoEnvi wrote:

Team vehicle damage!
Team vehicle damage!
Team vehicle damage!
Team vehicle damage!
Team vehicle damage!

- That is running through the titan with a drone behind you....
UAV drone

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard