Flyboy63
+8|6716|South Australia

alizard wrote:

Also, I'm an avid pilot .... love to fly. I understand the AA and air to air missles were supposidly made better. I haven't noticed. seem way worse to me. But here what has been happening for about the past week. I evade pretty damn well, flares or no flares. I have been consistly shot down by AA  and jet missles left and right lately. Hear the lock pull off to manuver away from them, hit my rear view as always while banking into and away from the missles(looks awesome ). Whether I use my flares or not doesn't seem to matter, missles hitting me from impossible angles. From which they never use to hit... ever. I can handle when someone gets the better of me... it's part of competition and improving your skills, but lately it's crazy....... also bout 9-10 times i use my flares, missles  completely ignore them and head straight for me. Also 9 out of 10 times I fire my missles, mine completely ignore my target and go for a friendly. Even if there are 2 enemy jets in front of me and maybe one friendly way off to the side. What do mine do? Crawl right up on the enemy's ass then take a greater than 90 degree turn and go for a friendly....which this never use to happen either. And it isn't everyone. but it's alot of different players. makes me wonder wtf is going on. I know those things can't be a complete POS for me and absolutley perfect for a choice few.
Any other better than average pilots notice this lately?
Have to agree with you. Ive over 8000 kills in the jet & have my veteran aviator badge. Ive often owned IAR.
But a good example of what your saying was yesterday..I finished 1st (in a jet) on a server then joined another server. But this time my missiles would hit everything BUT the enemy. Like you say, I fire off 2 missiles at a jet im following & like magic my missiles veeer off right & left & take out 2 friendlies. Ok, so randomly this happens, but this was like a regular thing all the way through the round. Sure we all have bad rounds but like I ended up with 6 measly kills at the end of the round having flown the jet the whole round. I also dropped 3 payloads on 2 enemy vehicles w/o registering 1 kill. In addition to the bombs I was hitting them with the gattling gun between drops. And Im at the point where im pretty damn accurate at bombing.

But my biggest complaint is with the enemy jets that seem to take you out (on full health) with a 2 second burst of a gattling gun. IMO thats inpossible. Hell, Ive followed noobs who insist on flying straight & they still take quite a few bursts of my guns b4 they even start smoking. And heres some guy behind me nailing me in a 2 second burst with his guns while Im banking or flying all over the place. Not possible w/o hacking.

Last edited by Flyboy63 (2005-12-29 21:42:56)

BatfinkJr
+0|6730|Sydney, AUS
Frustration with this game is a key thing to watch out for.

I too have jumped on a server sometimes, and I just cannot do anything right. My gun feels like a water pistol. It seems to deal 0 damage. Every time someone points a gun at me, I'm dead with a single round. I get in a tank, i'm blown up instantly. I hide in a bush and I'm knifed (and the UAT says no one was home). I spawn and am instantly sniped. I spawn directly under a falling bomb. I spawn in the middle of arty.

My body tenses up, my teeth grind, my blood pressure goes through the roof.
After I logout and turn the computer off I have to literally walk around the house and calm down...

yes, frustration in this game is very real... At least it is for me.

Are there cheaters/hax out there? Yep, I'd bet money on it.
xX[Elangbam]Xx
+107|6710
head shots don't come from god my friend. perhaps you were getting flanked from the sides by snipers
Opiate
+0|6737|Ontario, Canada
Don't be dissing Rambo.. lol.. Sometimes you have to be Rambo to get things done because your teammates are too inept to get flags. Regarding 1 man squads it's mostly people who want their 100 hours. Best thing to do is create a squad and invite all the unassigned. Sure you get noobs but they can be helpful (sometimes) and generally a good squad leader can help them play better. I personally dislike joining a squad most of the time because the leader isn't very good and dies too often, has weak offensive awareness and doesn't cover for respawns.
Moonraker_x29
First man on Mars
+9|6702|England, GBR
Ach. kill all hackers. I'll never get to a tourney, but at least I'd know that I'd own of my own accord. Or die without having to cheat.
HisInfernalDeath
+23|6736|Belgium

LeadSled wrote:

LOL all I can say is "NOOB". There are lots of bugs in this freaking game with taking over enemy main base . (maps where  main bases can be taken over eg: Dam,Wake) As for Arty ever 7 secs LOL that is just a commander on the ball. This makes me laugh about re-supply drops and Arty disappearing ROFL , I for one shoot them from the jet before they hit the ground if no  friendlies around and take out all enemy resoures( Coms, NAV and Arty)  with few bombs drops .
All i can say is "PLANEWHORE".
This makes me laugh about you...
Zukabazuka
+23|6697

dobbs wrote:

j00han wrote:

I don't get this one to the person in the score list above me has 10 points to but no kills and no teamwork to he aint commander
but he still has 10 points. Is this a hack or a glitch??
http://img30.imageshack.us/img30/2928/s … 5ab.th.png

His stats don look weird
Dunno, maybe driver special ability points, blowing up commander asset points, etc...
Might been commander a bit and got muted.

I did put around 15 or more bullets from P90 in closecombat in to a person who was running against me still he didn't die and he was killed by another one. Either my shot just missed him or just didn't registered. But then he could kill people fast and still wasn't on the top list.
PheloniusRM
+8|6710|Mission Viejo, CA
I can tell you exactly why this game setup will never be secure from hacking. It is because you do not pay a monthly fee. Since this game is for the most part played on privately funded servers whos costs are directly related to bandwidth usage, the game must be made to minimize bandwidth. Also this game depends on low latency for good game play. This means a model where 90% of the software is client side and very little is server side. With so much of what goes on in the game being client side it is too easy to hack. Take a game like everquest (that I played for 5 years). It is 95% server side and proven impossible to hack. It was played on servers entirely funded and maintained by sony. It had higher average pings than bf2. You had to pay a monthly fee to support the model. I think that EA did not plan for the online, progressive stats model to be long term, so they didnt put much resources into planning for security. At this point in time they are simply trying to maintain a minimum level to sustain game sales and expansion sales.

The question is; how many people would pay 10$ per month for EA to maintain servers that were nearly 100% server side in order to offer subscribers an environment that was hack free? I probably would.

I do get frustrated by bad rounds and suspicious game play. But you know what? I dont aspire to be on the leaderboard. I have only my real life friends to compete with. If I have a bad round on a lame server, Ill spend a few minutes to find a better one.
Stormscape666
+2|6644|Soviet Canuckistan
I would pay $50 to see all those 14 year old asshats fight a big mean bull on Pay Per View.
MelbourneVictory
+2|6657|Melbourne, Australia

Stormscape666 wrote:

I would pay $50 to see all those 14 year old asshats fight a big mean bull on Pay Per View.
That's all?? I'd fu*king fork out a life savings to set the damn thing up and make sure we had it live on every free to air channel on the planet!!

I can dream, can't I?
Pr0t0c0l@[GP]
+-2|6647
You have to know how often an enemy sniper pops up around the corner and in a million of a second shoots you in the head with his silenced pistol. I am pretty good in BF2 and i have fast reflexes but so fast i can never shoot and if it happens to me it is luck first class and it won't happen again in a billion years but some people do nothing else each round so i am convinced that there are many hackers and hackingtools out there of wich we have no clue. I have met since a few months too many people who apparently do nothing else then 1 shot headshot kills and even aren't ashame to hide their hacking by using pistols on you only.
Yesterday i met a clan called Plan-B wich did happily non-stop bunnyhopping and proning while fireing at the same time and i'm still thinking that this was made impossible after the latest 2 patches! You have to meet CoRe)(, then you laugh!

Last edited by Pr0t0c0l@[GP] (2006-03-12 15:26:30)

Superslim
BF2s Frat Brother
+211|6704|Calgary

j00han wrote:

I don't get this one to the person in the score list above me has 10 points to but no kills and no teamwork to he aint commander
but he still has 10 points. Is this a hack or a glitch??
http://img30.imageshack.us/img30/2928/s … 5ab.th.png

His stats don look weird
He was commander?
KurtisMayfield
+1|6666

PheloniusRM wrote:

The question is; how many people would pay 10$ per month for EA to maintain servers that were nearly 100% server side in order to offer subscribers an environment that was hack free? I probably would
Not me.. I can deal with the fact knowing that 10% of the players cheat in some way. And that is a low estimate considering what I used to see admin'ing MoH and CoD servers. Why not just hasten what EA already wants with the BF franchise, which is a MMOFPS? The stat system was the first step, the next step is to have stats be on monthly fee only servers run by EA. Instant revenue stream. I do not see much hope for BF3 to have unranked, non-monthly fee servers at all.
Mason4Assassin444
retired
+552|6674|USA

Kr39 wrote:

shaunboulton wrote:

personally i dont think i have ever experienced hacking, though i do question some things, but thats just cos i get angry lol. but i had experience artillery problems.
when i gets destroyed, it turns yellow indicating it needs repairing, i look to my horror it is repaired and it looks like an american gun. i thought to myself 'WHAT THE F**K IS GOIN ON HERE*, so i asked around and people say its a glich, is this true??, it was on wake island, the chinese artillery guns.
has anyone else experienced dodgy artillery guns??
i believe 'dont quote me' that after 1.03 you can steal enemy arty.  i.e.-wake> when USMC controls airfield, they control chinese arty.  thus if you c4 it 'team vehicle damage'
BS...chinese arty is bugged on Wake and thats why that happens....so I've read. DOnt'blow China arty on Wake if your US. It will PO you.
Mason4Assassin444
retired
+552|6674|USA

eatmywheaties wrote:

that's ok.  I shot a guy point blank from about 10m head on with a tank cannon and he didnt die.

he then proceeded to stand there and look at me, while i put several dozen t90 bullets in him.

then he casually walked over to the side of the dam, jumped off without a parachute (from the very top) and walked away like nothing happened.
A gunner atop a tank the other day on Ghost Town. I M95 him in the head with 8 (I counted) shots. You saw it register, and the "dust" come from his head but he kept gunning away and didn't even look my way. I kept shooting til he was out of sight. All shots were lined up and executed per one shot one kill style. Yet he drove away like nothing happened. I quit and joined another server.
elite3444
The other kid
+24|6649|USA
something like that happened it to me it was on the USM clan server Wake 24/7 i wasnt commander but soemone i was talkign to was and i was by our artillery we were chinese and the USM clan was on the US but the strange thing was WE COULDNT USE ARTILLERY.whenever they used artillery there arty and ours would shoot ours wouldnt shoot at all so they had like a 2min arty
SolGlo
+-1|6598

Kr39 wrote:

shaunboulton wrote:

personally i dont think i have ever experienced hacking, though i do question some things, but thats just cos i get angry lol. but i had experience artillery problems.
when i gets destroyed, it turns yellow indicating it needs repairing, i look to my horror it is repaired and it looks like an american gun. i thought to myself 'WHAT THE F**K IS GOIN ON HERE*, so i asked around and people say its a glich, is this true??, it was on wake island, the chinese artillery guns.
has anyone else experienced dodgy artillery guns??
i believe 'dont quote me' that after 1.03 you can steal enemy arty.  i.e.-wake> when USMC controls airfield, they control chinese arty.  thus if you c4 it 'team vehicle damage'
I've seen something like this, I blew up their stuff and it said team vehicle damage. I also get one shot killed by people with pistols when there's nobody around me and i have a full energy bar. I'm seriously gonna trade this game in when the next installment of my favourite game comes out. **cough cough GR cough cough**

hopefully there wont be many pricks cos there'll be no respawns

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard