philbymaris2
+2|6675
im ranked 52 in the world using my sniper rifle..... there is no bullet drop in the game, ea/dice never did it.....

having a one shot sniper rifle would be silly, take away all the skill need to aim for that perfect head shot... you would have alot of bitching about it to.... i shoot you in the foot and you die from it.... i have shot people in the head at point blank and they havent died from it, yes its silly but it happens.

in the end it would be cs all over again, with a bloody awp fest..... so keep it as is, increase the accuracy of the m95 , but the m24 i love it its a head shot machine.....
Sud
+0|6717
I am going to disagree with the accuracy. The Chinese at distance is pretty much on spot. Just aim a hair higher, the same for the MEC sniper but the crosshair is too funny looking to find the sweet spot. I like how they put in these special crosshairs although they probably are useful towards real snipers that have to plot wind distance and crap but for us it means crap.
With the MEC one I have a much better per hit accuracy. It doesn't suffer from the "bullet drop" or "settle deviation". It feels more like an actual rifle with a scope, except it's really damn accurate. It's effective in every situation that the M95 is (especially headshots), as it's pretty easy to rifle off 3 consequative hits on someone not in a breakneck dash.

I don't have a problem with the crosshair - just check where the confirmation ding comes up in your sights and mentally memorize that as the crosshair point. Won't take much adjustment, and I swear you'll get one hell of a rifle out of it. It's basically a PKM per shot more suited for a longer range (but not quite as suited for the very long range that the M95 is). You'll probably take a bit more retaliatory fire, but you'll also get more kills with this thing once you get it down pat.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6741|PNW

Learn about snipers here.

http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/ … /fm/23-10/

Most of it's not applicable to Battlefield 2, but it still offers some interesting tactics.

Last edited by unnamednewbie13 (2006-01-01 15:22:44)

Esker
+1|6696
One shot one kill would be hell.

The only game that worked on well was the original Delta Force but that's only because the netcode was pretty crap and you had to aim a few metres infront of your enemy (depending on your connection obviously)to actually hit him. Headshots were a fluke too, the joys of Internet gaming on a 56k heh. Loved the bullet drop on that game though.

In BF2 I can't stand sniper rifles because you can generally pick them off with any other weapon. I've picked off snipers with a pistol before today. They certainly need to improve the accuracy on them and maybe add a slight sway too on all the weapons.

Last edited by Esker (2006-01-01 15:59:23)

freebirdpat
Base Rapist
+5|6723
The funny thing is we have a one shot kill weapon that is highly accurate, and everyone complains about that, the noob tube.
bigelectricat
+3|6661

0mikr0n wrote:

The new sniper unlock is going to be a Barrett M82A1 .50BM sniper rifle, predecessor to the Barrett M95. If you don't believe me, go open up the BF2 Editor and go to the weapon object list and go through the sniper rifles. It's fully animated and should work ingame.
would it work on a server with global unlock now?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard