Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6755
i totally agree w/ u major general, there are assholes and idiots in each religion and country. that doesnt make the whole religion/country assholes does it?
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
B.Schuss
I'm back, baby... ( sort of )
+664|6880|Cologne, Germany

well, I don't know....xanthpi's arguments seems very well thought out. and he seems to have spent quite some time with the subject matter. have any of you read the Q'Ran ?

I may not agree with him, but I wouldn't call him a "racist noob" either. At least he has refrained from any form of name-calling or swearing in this discussion. And that is something I commend him for.
xanthpi
Banned
+11|6759

MajorGeneral wrote:

MajorGeneral wrote:

You have not proven anything really.

Xanthpi wrote:

Yes I have.
No You Have not. By using portions of a book that was written more than a thousand years ago you try to make the arabian people and culture seem "lesser" than the western way of life.

X: Yes I have proven my point. Go and study Islam by reading the Quran, Hadiths, Islamic history, etc, and then come back and try to refute any of the points I've made. You won't be able to.

MajorGeneral wrote:

I have a close friend that is from Palestine, a really nice guy. Even if he is a muslim he never asked me about my personal beliefs. Actually he knowes that I am an atheist. Has he hurt or been unfriendly towards me for that? No.

Xanthpi wrote:

Is this the same as when people say "I'm not racist - I have a black friend!"?.
No, blame yourself for making me bring that up. You say that "they" want us to convert and stuff...

X: I didn't "make" you do anything. As discussed, the aim of all true Muslims is to invite all non-Muslims to Islam.

MajorGeneral wrote:

And don't start saying that he isn't a true muslim. He follows the islamic teachings as good as he can.

Xanthpi wrote:

Obviously not.
And that you base on?

X: Go back and read my posts. If your friend complies with what makes someone a Muslim, he is a Muslim. If he doesn't, he is not.

MajorGeneral wrote:

To be a part of a religion you don't need to follo every old rule in the book.

Xanthpi wrote:

Absolutely true.
Don't you think that your previous statement contradicts this one? Because you have set up some "rules" how a true muslim is...

X: The Muslims have to follow the most important aspects of Islam. Since Islam is 7th century Arab imperialism dressed up as religion with the main aim of conquering the entire planet, if the Muslims doesn't follow one of the minor aspects of the religion (such as wiping their bum with stones just like Muhammad did) then they canstill qualify to be a Muslim. But, if the Muslim does not comply with the Islamically important aspects of the religion then they cannot be considered Muslim. The grey area between being Muslim and non-Muslim is very narrow.

MajorGeneral wrote:

According to your reasoning even the pope wouldn't be a true christian.

Xanthpi wrote:

Does anyone actually think that he is a true Christian? I thought he was a Catholic.
Oh but you forget that there is sunni and shia muslims to...

X: Technically, Shia are not true Muslims. This is why the Sunnis try to kill them wherever the two sects live together.

MajorGeneral wrote:

I feel sorry that you feel so much hate towards people of other religions

Xanthpi wrote:

One religion in particular, actually.
Well that I belive you...

X: Well hurrah and huzzah!

MajorGeneral wrote:

and races.

Xanthpi wrote:

Never have I said I hate people of other races. You just made that up, didn't you.
Nope, because you tend to connect the majority of the middle east people with terrorism, isn't that rascism?

X: No it's not. As discussed, Islam is an ideology and it is not possible to be racist against an ideology.

MajorGeneral wrote:

This may come as a surpriseto you but there really is nice people from Africa, South America and even your object of hate: Middle East.

Xanthpi wrote:

You really haven't understood this thread at all have you.
Oh I forgot you only hate 1 billion muslims. Oh, pardon me, then it is OK!

X: There are about 1.3 billion people who consider themselves Muslim. But as has already been discussed, someone is what they are according to the actual definition, not their own definition. Therefore, the amount of actual Muslims in the world is somewhere between 200 million and 400 million in all probability.

MajorGeneral wrote:

bringing upp old quotes from Winston Churchill isn't in anyway relevant.

Xanthpi wrote:

Oh yes it is, in the context of critisising Islam.
Sure, though his credibility is not that great after reading the other weird quotes.

X: I think we already discussed this, I can't remember now, but just because someone is wrong sometimes, it doesn't mean they are always wrong. So I'll state it again - Winston Churchill was correct in his observations about Islam.

MajorGeneral wrote:

This man though that even democracy wasn't that OK and he utterly disliked Mahatma Ghandi.

Xanthpi wrote:

So your logic is that if someone is wrong about something then they must be wrong about everything. Back to school for you, son.
Yep, though not today. The thing is that I wanted to prove was that Winston Churcill's credibility isn't one of the best.

X: Refer back.

MajorGeneral wrote:

We should reflect on the future not on the past.

Xanthpi wrote:

How can one reflect on something which has not happened yet. You really, really do need to go back to school.
Excuse my poor english. The thing I meant was that we need to think about the future a little more than we tend to. For example: If some (like you for instence) just feels hate and nothing else towards a whole people what will it then lead to? Say that this hate grows between people. Then the world would probably see another world war. And we don't want that, I at least hope so... And yes again I am going to school but not for a good while...

X: We already ARE in a world war. The reason why I have to go around reminding people of this is because us dumb Westerners refuse to notice that an ideology has declared war on us. This war is not like the first two, a total war waged by states. This is a war of civilians with help from various states. We will never see a world war like the first two ever again.
I began to study Islam on 11th September 2001. Before that, I just lumped Muslims in with all other religious people - that they were a "bit weird", but I didn't hate them. I only began to hate them when I found out what they believe and what they had instore for everyone in the world.
This problem was started by Islam. It has nothing to do with me, so don't give me all this crap about hatred being a bad thing, as if it is something which is controllable. Sometimes, you have to be able to hate. Otherwise you will be foolish and not notice what is going on around you until it is too late.
As well as hating the Islamic ideology for what it stands for, I hate it for making me hate it. Before 9/11 I was happier in my ignorance. Now I have lost that particular innocence.

MajorGeneral wrote:

Nuking someone may not be the right way to a stable society.

Xanthpi wrote:

Why are you talking about nuking?
Actually you can exchange the word fo anything else of your ideas how to solve "problems" with a multicultural society.

X: You're talking gobbledigook here.

MajorGeneral wrote:

You say that Mohammed was a madman?

Xanthpi wrote:

Yes!
Okey, I guess that's your opinion then...

X: Opinions are meaningless and have no value when it comes to Muhammad's madness. The fact is, he WAS a madman, which is why I said he was mad. I have no opinion on the matter, as the truth has already been ascertained. It's like having an opinion about whether gravity exists - we know it does, so all opinions on the matter of it's existence are meaningless.

MajorGeneral wrote:

What about Jesus then? He claimed that not only was he a son of God but also God.

Xanthpi wrote:

Well both Jesus and Muhammad had frontal lobe epilepsy so maybe both of them are up there in heaven talking to teapots and smelling each others' bottoms.
Oh, you made a medical study of a person that you even can't find the corpses after. And please show some respect for others beliefs and do not say those things even if you are an atheist or whatever...

X: Here's the bit where I tell you to take more notice in biology class. YOU DON'T NEED TO DO AN AUTOPSY ON A PERSON TO FIND OUT WHAT THEIR MENTAL STATE WAS. Frontal lobe epilepsy, like many other mental illnesses, is diagnosable by a person's behavior.
Jesus and Muhammad (and many, many more people who claimed prophethood) displayed the symptoms of FLE, ergo that is what they suffered from. Since prophets DO NOT ACTUALLY EXIST, it is madness to claim to be one of them.

MajorGeneral wrote:

At least it seems that the same ol' arguments are used all over again.

Xanthpi wrote:

Go and read, and understand the thread and I wouldn't have to keep on educating people such as yourself.
educating us in what, hate?

X: What an idiotic statement. You're a very slow learner.

MajorGeneral wrote:

// A peaceful and tolerant person

Xanthpi wrote:

And one whose country would be invaded and enslaved were you the commander in chief.
There you go, these invasions you talk about. Really, when are they comming. Enslaved? Ok...
Should I remind you of who enslaved whom?
X: There are three countries in the world today which practice slavery. Can you guess which is the official religion of each one? Here's a hint - it's not Presbyterianism.

If you want to talk about the African slave trade then make another thread. But be warned, do your homework first because I happen to know rather alot about it, and if you're thinking of using it to make the Europeans look bad, you might be in for a surprise
xanthpi
Banned
+11|6759

mafia996630 wrote:

my post is gone.  JesusElSavior go suk your mothr bitch,  u fink i would spend time giving a shit bout my english on game forum, sry sir about not using proper gramme, r.  and could som1 tell me how to do that thing where u quote and then answer, and then quote and so on. So that i can answer xanthpi.
I bet your mother is very proud of your ability to debate rationally.

mafia996630 wrote:

good 4 u that u been goin to RE lessons, got and A, even better.

maybe u need to open your eyes, i clearly said u prob dont have a raligon.

the peace that stopping me from killing the dude nxt door.

wot bloodshed, most bloodshed around the world happends due to other reasons, 
"Hindus and Muslims in Pakistan?"
that over kasmir, if u still ant figured it out yet.
The reason why the Sunnis of Pakistan kill the Hindus, Christians and Shia of that country is nothing to do with Kashmir. It is to do with the way non-Muslims must be treated who live under Islamic rule. Muslims have been slaughtering Hindus for over a thousand years before Kashmir became an issue.

mafia996630 wrote:

expect islam, LOLOL . stop quoteing out of context again, u might hav goin to RE on time, but u still dont knw anything, sunny fukin jim.
Your eloquence astounds me. I want to be JUST LIKE YOU.

mafia996630 wrote:

prove there own point, ????
Yet more gobbledigook from mafia996630, the intellectual of BF2S forums.
xanthpi
Banned
+11|6759

cyborg_ninja-117 wrote:

i totally agree w/ u major general, there are assholes and idiots in each religion and country. that doesnt make the whole religion/country assholes does it?
If you've got the stamina, go back and read the last 8 pages. Your answer lies within.
xanthpi
Banned
+11|6759

B.Schuss wrote:

well, I don't know....xanthpi's arguments seems very well thought out. and he seems to have spent quite some time with the subject matter. have any of you read the Q'Ran ?

I may not agree with him, but I wouldn't call him a "racist noob" either. At least he has refrained from any form of name-calling or swearing in this discussion. And that is something I commend him for.
Thanks.

You should definitely go and read the Qu'ran. It's not exactly Shakespeare, but it's an entertaining (and frightening) read. It will put the last 30 years of jihad combat against non-Muslims in perfect context. It'll make you understand exactly why these bombings happen.
{HMS}_Sir_Del_Boy
+69|6748|th3 unkn0wn

xanthpi wrote:

cyborg_ninja-117 wrote:

Your answer lies within.
Ladies and gentlemen meet Xanthpi a.k.a. the Dalai Lama
philbymaris
+0|6774|Brissvegas AUST
people people, my god there is NOTHING WRONG with being a racist. im racist ill freely admit it..... i realise we are all the same on the inside, but race and religion are very closely knit together.... i dont see many white people who are practising muslims. it seems to be dominated by arabs, same with hindu are dominated by indians or pacastanys (brain aint working to late in the evening) but point is that racism is NOT BAD. all you pacifists out there i hope ya all get bombed or shot, might make ya think differently about your so called arab "friends". about immagrants i say fuck off back to where ever you fucking well came from and make a living there. i dont want your shit in my country. cheap ass fucks who work for 1$ a day. i sniff world war 3 coming on very soon...... so what are u going to do?
philbymaris
+0|6774|Brissvegas AUST
mate xanthpi i like you alot, please be my left hand man when i take over the world and rid of ALL religions (GOD IS NOT REAL) like santa clause and the easter bunny if you will..... no one knows how we all came to be, but if christians have a say we are all from adam and eve (meaning we are all inbred fucks) i dont really believe in evolution but it seems the most logical explanation.
SharkyMcshark
I'll take two
+132|6824|Perth, Western Australia

philbymaris wrote:

people people, my god there is NOTHING WRONG with being a racist. im racist ill freely admit it..... i realise we are all the same on the inside, but race and religion are very closely knit together.... i dont see many white people who are practising muslims. it seems to be dominated by arabs, same with hindu are dominated by indians or pacastanys (brain aint working to late in the evening) but point is that racism is NOT BAD. all you pacifists out there i hope ya all get bombed or shot, might make ya think differently about your so called arab "friends". about immagrants i say fuck off back to where ever you fucking well came from and make a living there. i dont want your shit in my country. cheap ass fucks who work for 1$ a day. i sniff world war 3 coming on very soon...... so what are u going to do?
Mate, I think your very wrong about this. Guess what, both of my parents were immigrants to Australia when they were children. Do they now work for a dollar an hour mowing lawns? No. They are both lawyers now, and both of them make a positive contrivution to society. Infact, to tell you the true, all the lawnmower men I have known have been of Anglo decent

Also, on a side note, it is nice to see that xanthpi's arguing technique has been been diminished to saying "Go and read everyhting I have written before"
philbymaris
+0|6774|Brissvegas AUST
well good from them, honestly, they are about some of the only ones that have made a go for themselfs and not bludged of everyone else.... good for them my congrats to your parents... but still there are too many immagrants who come here looking for a free ride, mainly cause we got the dole, and we are about the only country in the world that has it now (for an over extended period)....in the usa i think you can only have benefits for 6 months, if ya cant get a job by then you fend for yourself...sounds good i think.
xX[Elangbam]Xx
+107|6736
i don't think you guys understand that everyone here has an immigrant among them and you're being totally hypocritical by saying you don't want them there. You ancestors would probably have thought twice when they decided to make a bloodline down to you
xX[Elangbam]Xx
+107|6736

philbymaris wrote:

I i'm pretty sure they make more than $1 a day. Yeah sure racism is bad, it was just totally awesome when over 3 millions jews, russians, gays, gypsies and the retarded were killed during world war II. When you sniff WWIII, perhaps you're only sniffing yourself because that's what you and your kind are leading the world into.
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6813|Noizyland

This topic really pisses me off, and I promise this will be my last post on it, (Bwa ba-ba-da-da bwa ba badaa.)

I wrote my final post a while ago, but as I sent it Chuy decided to update the site, so my long ramblings were lost. This topic has resulted in me for the first time ever being called, and I quote, "not very bright, or that you are very young and have never had to think much before."

Wow.
And simply because I believe that you can't condemn a whole race or faith because of one bad experiance.

What I wish I could have moulded my frustrated thoughts into before, (and maybe I didn't communicate this properly,) is exactly what Major General and cyborg_ninja-117 wrote: "There are assholes and idiots in each religion and country. That doesnt make the whole religion/country assholes."
Come on xanthpi, even you have to agree with that solid piece of logic.

For those who don't want to look quite far back, xanthpi was the victim of a group of Islamic youths that attacked him and said that is was something to do with Islam. This one bad experiance made xanthpi develop a strong negative stance on Islam.
Xanthpi, may I suggest you develop a strong negative stance about something else? Maybe street crime, or youth gang culture or something of that nature, but not a faith which has 1.2 billion followers.

I have had bad experiances in my time too. I have been the victim of crime. Some Maori gang members broke into my car, smashed it up and stole a bunch of stuff because I was in the wrong area, (formerly Maori owned land or some other bullshit that was thought up.) I have nothing against Maori people because of this, and never will.

Xanthpi, I have read all your posts, noted that you have had a bad experiance, and understand why you may feel bitter about Islam. I still stand by everything I have written before, and ask you especially xanthpi to properly consider some of what I have written, instead of franticly trying to contradict me, or putting up walls of rejection, complete with insults to my intelligence.

Anyway, my rantings say no more than what Major General and cyborg_ninja-117 have already said, so I'm going to stop writing here.

Last edited by Tyferra (2006-01-01 00:34:33)

[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6755
WW3, whos gonna be involved? hmm mostly it will be china VS USA... like allied VS nazis while USA vs japan.

to philbymaris, have u met a good arab instead of those terrorists on CNN? if u dont know anything about them, stop being a racsist to them, if one of them have pissed u off badly, just move on
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
philbymaris2
+2|6744
i have known quite alot of arabs within my life time, i agree that 1 or 2 of them were very decent people, but on the majority they were all backwards, barbaric people..... where i grew up in western sydney the only people causing problems were the people of arabic decent.... and its still happening, you got to understand that arabs DONT listen to reasoning, they do what they want , when they want and if you dont like it, you get the shit kicked out of you..... these people traditionally are hot headed people who still practice the old methods that died out in normal society hundreds of years ago (in the middle east mind you).... example stoning women to death, cutting of hands for thief, cutting out ya tongue if you drink piss (liquor)....

enough said ..... oh btw propeRty has an R you might want to correct it.

and it was over 6 million jews, fags, retards and so on that hitler exterminated.... not including solders who died on the field.

Last edited by philbymaris2 (2006-01-01 01:39:01)

SharkyMcshark
I'll take two
WW3? IT WILL BE USA VS CHINA!!!, with the MEC sort of sitting there laughing and occasionally dying from an m203 or an F15
philbymaris2
+2|6744
why USA vs CHINA, there is no aggression with these to nations, i think middle eastern colliltion MEC vs USA, alot more love hate relations between these two idenities (MEC isnt a nation). china has the largest infantry in the world (10+ million troops alone)

anyways WW3 it will happen, and more than likely sooner than we all hope..... so what will you do?
Aquastorm
Last of the Uchiha
+4|6751|Hong Kong, China
There are currently no nations that currently have the man-power, funds...etc. To be armed and attack/invade MEC style. So...nothing comes close to the MEC unless The Middle East suddenly came together as one and the USMC suddenly feels like invading for TV stations, Middile East Airifields and a place called Karkand.

1) Each reliegion has it's own batch of assholes, but you can't say poeple in that religion are assholes.

2) White Americans were not the "original" either, deal with it.

3) All jobs are fair game, heck, they even work more and earn less than you.

4) Some will kill in the name of religion, but are not actually part of that religion.

5) Swearing is not going to solve anyproblems.

6) Type properly, it makes other poeple's life easier and has more of a chance poeple will reply to your post.
freebirdpat
Base Rapist
+5|6792

philbymaris2 wrote:

why USA vs CHINA, there is no aggression with these to nations, i think middle eastern colliltion MEC vs USA, alot more love hate relations between these two idenities (MEC isnt a nation). china has the largest infantry in the world (10+ million troops alone)

anyways WW3 it will happen, and more than likely sooner than we all hope..... so what will you do?
Sit back and know that I reside on the winning side.

China and US has enough aggression between the two. We are supportive of Taiwan in a really weird way. We basically say we don't support them as a independent nation, which honors China's policy, but we also won't allow China to invade Taiwan. So Taiwan is essentially allowed to be independent and free without Chinese intervention. We say we want a peaceful resolution in one hand, but we don't want to force China's hand by calling it soverign and independent which would mean they would invade anyhow. So we are essentially playing a waiting game, if china wants to force the issue we will back Taiwan up. Which is another reason China is probably increasing their military strength. Something tells me if we do defend Taiwan in the future, we will have to fight China in their mainland possably.
SharkyMcshark
I'll take two

philbymaris2 wrote:

Sorry if none of you got it, but it was meant to be a joke (an obviously shockingly bad one from teh way you took it)
MajorGeneral
+1|6736
xanthpi:

"X: Here's the bit where I tell you to take more notice in biology class. YOU DON'T NEED TO DO AN AUTOPSY ON A PERSON TO FIND OUT WHAT THEIR MENTAL STATE WAS. Frontal lobe epilepsy, like many other mental illnesses, is diagnosable by a person's behavior.
Jesus and Muhammad (and many, many more people who claimed prophethood) displayed the symptoms of FLE, ergo that is what they suffered from. Since prophets DO NOT ACTUALLY EXIST, it is madness to claim to be one of them."

I know that mister biology teacher. But to claim that someone has a mental illness based on religious text written well over a thousand years ago is just kind of ... idiotic. Because much of Jesus life was written down by people after his death. Therefor the source isn't reliable. And besides no true doctor would ever only accept descriptions of behaviour to recognise an illness. Especially not descriptions that was made over a millenia ago. If prophets do exist or not I cannot judge because I haven't ever seen one. Personally I don't really belive in that but a religous person does. So there really is no point discussing this.
MajorGeneral
+1|6736
And for the other BS xanthpi wrote:

Again you tend to rely to much of your translation of the Quran to use arguments. If I wanted I could prove really anything with any religious script. So please do not use that kind of arguments. And the thing that buggs me most is that you think that you have the true description of a real muslim. How come? You have read parts of the Quran??? Hurray, that makes you an intellectual racist or what? I myself can claim Winston Churcill to be a madman for the things he said about democracy and Mahatma Ghandi and take certain quotes out of context and claim that infact he was equally evil as Hitler and Stalin. But is it the truth? No, because then I have just done like you. A sentence from a scripture here and there and you think that you have proven anything...
xanthpi
Banned
+11|6759

Tyferra wrote:

This topic really pisses me off, and I promise this will be my last post on it, (Bwa ba-ba-da-da bwa ba badaa.)

I wrote my final post a while ago, but as I sent it Chuy decided to update the site, so my long ramblings were lost. This topic has resulted in me for the first time ever being called, and I quote, "not very bright, or that you are very young and have never had to think much before."

Wow.
And simply because I believe that you can't condemn a whole race or faith because of one bad experiance.
My point in this thread hasn't been about "one bad experiance [sic]". If you'd care to study Islamic history there are millions (if not billions) of bad experiences caused by Islamic ideology, and since Islam is believed by Muslims to be the perfect way of life revealed by god himself, it should appear to even the least inquisitive of minds, surely, that something is amiss.

Tyferra wrote:

What I wish I could have moulded my frustrated thoughts into before, (and maybe I didn't communicate this properly,) is exactly what Major General and cyborg_ninja-117 wrote: "There are assholes and idiots in each religion and country. That doesnt make the whole religion/country assholes."
Come on xanthpi, even you have to agree with that solid piece of logic.
You haven't understood the posts I've made. I've explained [albeit fairly briefly] what a Muslim is and that not all people who call themselves Muslim are actually Muslim. I've stated that I hate Muslims because I know what they have to believe to ACTUALLY BE a Muslim. I DON'T HATE all people who CALL themselves Muslims because not all people who call themselves Muslims ARE ACTUALLY Muslim! Surely that's a fairly simple concept to understand.

Tyferra wrote:

For those who don't want to look quite far back, xanthpi was the victim of a group of Islamic youths that attacked him and said that is was something to do with Islam. This one bad experiance made xanthpi develop a strong negative stance on Islam.
That's not true. It wasn't until I started to learn about Islam in 2001 (years after the attack) that I understood why they said and did the things they did. It didn't register with me before that. I actually thought that is was a purely racist thing (it may have been), but when I studied Islam I realised that they had actually been taught to hate people like me simply because of my being a non-Muslim.

Tyferra wrote:

Xanthpi, may I suggest you develop a strong negative stance about something else? Maybe street crime, or youth gang culture or something of that nature, but not a faith which has 1.2 billion followers.
Of course I hate street crime, but are you suggesting that just because Islam is such a widepread faith that it should be somehow exempt from criticism? What bizarre non-logic! You should go and work for George Galloway, or maybe even Howard Dean. They'd welcome your dreamworld thought processes.

Tyferra wrote:

I have had bad experiances in my time too. I have been the victim of crime. Some Maori gang members broke into my car, smashed it up and stole a bunch of stuff because I was in the wrong area, (formerly Maori owned land or some other bullshit that was thought up.) I have nothing against Maori people because of this, and never will.
That's because you'll find nothing in "Maori ideology" which says "all Maoris must go and break into cars". Of course, if there was such a "code of practice" amongst Maoris then you'd be expected to be against them on those grounds, as a matter of personal survival.

Tyferra wrote:

Xanthpi, I have read all your posts, noted that you have had a bad experiance, and understand why you may feel bitter about Islam.
But you don't. You think I'm bitter because I was once mugged by some Muslims. Not true. I'm bitter because I know exactly how Muslims (real ones) are commanded to act towards the dirty, sub-human infidel. I think I've made that clear throughout this post.

Tyferra wrote:

I still stand by everything I have written before, and ask you especially xanthpi to properly consider some of what I have written, instead of franticly trying to contradict me, or putting up walls of rejection, complete with insults to my intelligence.
You've done a pretty good job of insulting your own intelligence. Based on the fact that you seem to have completely misunderstood my posts, even though I've made things pretty clear in plain English, I would seriously sit back and examine the way you look at things and the way that you process information in your brain. Go and read a little about Islam, and if you still think that it is some kind of "religion of peace" then from that moment on you should place no more importance on the product of your mental processes and you should instead dedicate yourself to something which requires no thought at all. Just as not everyone can run the 100 metres in under 10 seconds, not everyone is fit for using their grey matter. Maybe your misunderstanding here was just a blip, but if not then leave the thinking to others. I know that sounds terribly condescending, but hey, you live 12000 miles away from me so I'm not scared that you'll come all that way to punch me in the face

Tyferra wrote:

Anyway, my rantings say no more than what Major General and cyborg_ninja-117 have already said, so I'm going to stop writing here.
xanthpi
Banned
+11|6759

MajorGeneral wrote:

xanthpi:

"X: Here's the bit where I tell you to take more notice in biology class. YOU DON'T NEED TO DO AN AUTOPSY ON A PERSON TO FIND OUT WHAT THEIR MENTAL STATE WAS. Frontal lobe epilepsy, like many other mental illnesses, is diagnosable by a person's behavior.
Jesus and Muhammad (and many, many more people who claimed prophethood) displayed the symptoms of FLE, ergo that is what they suffered from. Since prophets DO NOT ACTUALLY EXIST, it is madness to claim to be one of them."

I know that mister biology teacher. But to claim that someone has a mental illness based on religious text written well over a thousand years ago is just kind of ... idiotic. Because much of Jesus life was written down by people after his death. Therefor the source isn't reliable. And besides no true doctor would ever only accept descriptions of behaviour to recognise an illness. Especially not descriptions that was made over a millenia ago. If prophets do exist or not I cannot judge because I haven't ever seen one. Personally I don't really belive in that but a religous person does. So there really is no point discussing this.
Ho hum.

What we know:

The Qu'ran came from Muhammad's mouth.

Muslims believe that even though the words came from Muhammad, they are actually from god's (Allah's) brain.

People who are lucky enough, know that Allah (and indeed any intelligent god) cannot exist, so we know that the words did not come from Allah, they came from Muhammad.

Since we know that the intelligent god cannot exist, we know that prophets cannot exist either.

We know that someone who dreams up a religion and either knows what they are doing or actually believes the words to be from god, is certifiably insane.

We know that people who claim to be prophets more often than not suffer from frontal lobe epilepsy. Or is it bi-polar disorder? Whatever.

Ergo, there is a strong probability that Muhammad, and Jesus, et al, suffered from frontal lobe epilepsy, or whatever, and was insane. And because of their insanity over a thousand years ago, we are sat at computers arguing now, which is a form of insanity in inself, for surely if we were all lucky enough to have the understanding which I and others have of Islam, we wouldn't need to be doing this.

So, there is every point in discussing this. I'd imagine that a certain amount of people would have read this thread and been thoroughly fascinated by it.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard