Poll

Was Saddam's Hanging the Right Thing?

Yes65%65% - 202
No34%34% - 106
Total: 308
jonsimon
+224|6526

[F7F7]KiNG_KaDaFFHi wrote:

Modern day america sounds like present day DDR....and I find it scaring as hell.
Dance dance revolution?
CameronPoe
+2,925|6587
The trial was probably a completely corrupt foregone conclusion, akin to the kind of 'trials' that took place under Saddam. It is unfortunate that they have followed in his footsteps, it would have been nice in this supposedly 'free' Iraq if they had followed due process, even though the trial verdict was the correct one. Execution? Don't believe in it. Life imprisonment is more of a punishment, execution is the easy way out. Now he's a martyr.
INFERNO552
One shot wonder
+62|6471|canada

jonsimon wrote:

Modern day america sounds like present day DDR....and I find it scaring as hell.
Dance dance revolution?
lol
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6632|132 and Bush

CameronPoe wrote:

The trial was probably a completely corrupt foregone conclusion, akin to the kind of 'trials' that took place under Saddam. It is unfortunate that they have followed in his footsteps, it would have been nice in this supposedly 'free' Iraq if they had followed due process, even though the trial verdict was the correct one. Execution? Don't believe in it. Life imprisonment is more of a punishment, execution is the easy way out. Now he's a martyr.
One thing is for sure, Saddam believed in execution.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Fancy_Pollux
Connoisseur of Fine Wine
+1,306|6677

sergeriver wrote:

Fancy_Pollux wrote:

kessel! wrote:

Mod:  inappropriate / illegal comment removed.
I like how Kmarion's post discrediting any sympathy towards Saddam is deleted without explanation while this post remains.
And why should this thread be closed?
I said nothing about closing the thread. I don't know how you arrived at this conclusion considering that I quoted the post I was directly referring to. Your confrontational attitude is becoming tiresome. Stop trying to start trouble where there is none.
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6789|Argentina

Kmarion wrote:

CameronPoe wrote:

One thing is for sure, Saddam believed in execution.
Nobody is saying he was a good guy, he was an asshole, but hanging him will bring more violence.  Now he became a martyr for a lot of his followers.  And hanging is a barbaric method for these times.
Jo Barf Creepy
+27|6590
Good more dead Americans. What better Christmas gift could be given. Bring on the coffins!
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6789|Argentina

Fancy_Pollux wrote:

sergeriver wrote:

Fancy_Pollux wrote:

I like how Kmarion's post discrediting any sympathy towards Saddam is deleted without explanation while this post remains.
And why should this thread be closed?
I said nothing about closing the thread. I don't know how you arrived at this conclusion considering that I quoted the post I was directly referring to. Your confrontational attitude is becoming tiresome. Stop trying to start trouble where there is none.
My mistake then.  I can accept when I'm wrong.  I misunderstood your post.
dark110
+37|6653|Chicagoland
How in the HELL is having him alive better than him being dead. Are you fucking blind? Don't you see the people dancing in the streets? You are making this way to complicated. He was EVIL. You act like he was a petty criminal, with only minimal proof. He was an EVIL man. He deserved death, and if you think this will sudenly make people overthere start killing eachother, then you havent been paying attention for the last three years. Anyone loyal to sadam was already killing people before his hanging anyway.
mafia996630
© 2009 Jeff Minard
+319|6795|d
Saw the video couple of hours ago, man didnt even get to finish his last words.

o well.
HUNDaemon
Exploit/Glitch "Tester"
+49|6407|Inside the AR Rockets.
I'm with the eye for an eye rule.
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6716|United States of America

jonsimon wrote:

Dance dance revolution?
Deutsche Demokratische Republik (East Germany)
Johnathan.Heart
Go Heart or go home!
+4|6659|Muenster.Germany
NO,because its non human to kill anyone equal what he has done.Then you/we are not better than he.
arabeater
Do you have any idea how fooking busy I am?
+49|6712|Colorado Springs, CO

Jo Barf Creepy wrote:

Good more dead Americans. What better Christmas gift could be given. Bring on the coffins!
This guy seems to have it all together. What an asshat!
arabeater

Johnathan.Heart wrote:

NO,because its non human to kill anyone equal what he has done.Then you/we are not better than he.
I for one think that he got off extremely easy. We shouldve just given him to the Kurds so they couldve gotten a little bit of payback. I'm sure they wouldve dealt with him in a more humane way.
arabeater

Apparently this guy has never been to the good ole U.S.of A. I have been to Europe and it was a cool place to visit but theres nowhere else I would ever wanna live than in the greatest country on the planet. Oh and for you guys still trying to figure out where that is, its the USA. . I love being able to own guns and having freedom of speech.
dubbs
+105|6663|Lexington, KY

sergeriver wrote:

Turquoise wrote:

jonsimon wrote:

They should have shot him instead. If you're going to kill someone, be a man and kill them politely. Trying to deny them the "satisfaction" of dying is sick, twisted, and just downright disrespectable. It takes a real spineless excuse for a man to be so vile.
The people wanted blood, and they got it.  Personally, I think Saddam got off easy.  If they had thrown him to Muqtada, he'd be wishing he was dead right about now.
If he asked to be shot, why the hanging?  It's barbaric.
I think that is was Islamic, or Iraqi laws taht said he should be hung.

namelostonthetoilet wrote:

why hang him? He was the bad guy who hang people but now when the usa hanged him they are like him.
Do it without pain and everybody is happy!?!
The USA did not sentence Saddam to hang.  That was the Iraqi government.  Get you facts right.

SysTray wrote:

Taking Saddam out of power was wrong, what's going to make anything that happened after that right?
If it was done in 1991 would it still have been wrong?
Archer
rapes face
+161|6455|Canuckistan
Oh snap.... he escaped!

https://img384.imageshack.us/img384/3226/sadam001pr5.gif
sfarrar33
Halogenoalkane
+57|6650|InGerLand
no the hanging was wrong
death by crazy hungarians with ironing boards baby yeah!
[F7F7]KiNG_KaDaFFHi
Why walk when you can dance?
+77|6619|sWEEDen
Freedom of speach? In USA? Where critisizm against leaders are monitored and documented? Where you can´t have any opinions you want becuase it might be "unpatriotic" and then lead to terrorist charges? Where you have such additions to your laws as the patriot act?

Are you somehow more free then european nations? Heck we don´t even need guns for defending ourselves and our freedom of speach in most nations overhere. You must have been to ye old DDR when visiting europe.

Try Sweden next time...I´ll show you free....
Fierce_Teapot
+3|6529
It was the wrong thing to do and it only showed that our leaders in the West are no better than the supposedly evil dictators around the world. It will only make things worse in Iraq.

The difference between Bush or Blair and Saddam is that the latter never did anything for the "good of the world". So basically, our lies are better than his. And how does the West get away with it - because we have the power and the money.

Think of this: Out of all the civil wars and all the dictators in the world - why is it that only Iraq has been fully invaded? Why is it that America are screaming blue murder that Iran has nuclear weapons when they admit to having no proof? And why did the UK get involved in Sierra Leone?

Oil - Oil - Diamonds.

Why is it that North Korea, who admit to having some sort of Nuclear arsenal, only have dialogue with the US. But Iran faces further sanctions or military action? Why is it that Pakistan and India are both buddy like with the USA when they both have nuclear weapons? The truth is so clear Im not even going to spell it out.
arabeater

sfarrar33 wrote:

no the hanging was wrong
death by crazy hungarians with ironing boards baby yeah!
why was it wrong?
Do you not believe in capital punishment?
splixx
ChupaCABRA
+53|6770|Omaha, Nebraska
No
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6675

Fierce_Teapot wrote:

It was the wrong thing to do and it only showed that our leaders in the West are no better than the supposedly evil dictators around the world. It will only make things worse in Iraq.
what western leader was responsible for his execution? the Iraqis are the ones behind the trial ( if you could call it that) and the execution.
arabeater

Freedom of speach? In USA? Where critisizm against leaders are monitored and documented? Where you can´t have any opinions you want becuase it might be "unpatriotic" and then lead to terrorist charges? Where you have such additions to your laws as the patriot act?

Are you somehow more free then european nations? Heck we don´t even need guns for defending ourselves and our freedom of speach in most nations overhere. You must have been to ye old DDR when visiting europe.

Try Sweden next time...I´ll show you free....
Dude wtf are you talking about? I dunno what USA your talking about but the one I live in is pretty damn sweet.

Ive never heard of anybody being monitored for criticizing the government. I have alot of friends that hate Bush and they are still living their free lives without fear of any reprisals.

I dont just own guns to defend myself, I own them because I love to go blow shit away every once in a while. And dont tell me that Europe is a peace-loving place where you dont need guns to protect yourselves, I have been to France where we were warned to stay away from certain parts due to gangs and such.

No thanks man I plan on going to the Carribbean on my next vacation.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard