Hyper
Banned
+154|6793
thnak you for bumping a 2 month old thread
wooly-back-jack
Jihaaaaaad!!!
+84|6782|England
The Rule is theirs and it's their server, how about you disconnect, curl up and chew your bollocks...they pay for the server.
You always get servers like that but there are servers that DO allow it and state that, but the ones moaning about it wont go there will you, cant get cheap kills there can you.
Point is they pay for the server and they generally get a crowd that sticks to the rule, then you get some nugget connect and start raping/artying the carrier...all it is is cheap kills, you cant dress it up to no-one, only people that will defend it on a forum is the cocks that do it.
killer21
Because f*ck you that's why.
+400|6633|Reisterstown, MD

Hyper wrote:

To the retards who say stupid shit like this, bumping a thread that has been discussed is a lot better than making a new thread that has been discussed over and over again.  Why is it that people always bitch about someone not using the search button but when someone does use the Search feature and bumps an old thread, the same people cry about someone bumping an old thread? 
SteikeTa
+153|6790|Norway/Norwegen/ Norge/Noruega

killer21 wrote:

Hyper wrote:

To the retards who say stupid shit like this, bumping a thread that has been discussed is a lot better than making a new thread that has been discussed over and over again.  Why is it that people always bitch about someone not using the search button but when someone does use the Search feature and bumps an old thread, the same people cry about someone bumping an old thread? 
Jepp..... agree! This is how it is supposed to be actually. Not cover the forum with "new" threads about the same thing.
Towelly
It's A State Of Mind
+399|6633|Your attic

.:ronin:.|Patton wrote:

because there fairies.
and my friend here answered it on the first reply.

(remember he's from Florida so you can't expect good grammar)
RoosterCantrell
Goodbye :)
+399|6522|Somewhere else

Some servers allow it some don't, which is the way it should be.  The lame annoying "Don't like it? go to another server" wins.   After getting uncap raped for a few rounds, I may wander to another server that doesn't allow it.  I personally, even when its allowed, keep it to a minumum, unless its payback.  But that's just my preference.     

Alot of people hate being raped and cry through the whole round. It's no fun for them. and if they aren't having fun, they won't play that server. An empty server is useless to a clan.  Gotta be polite to the masses if you want to fill your server.
SteikeTa
+153|6790|Norway/Norwegen/ Norge/Noruega
Well.... its the same where you die. If you spawn and get killed instantly at an uncap, and the same thing happens at a cappable flag, its the same. The only thing that has changed is the plance you died at.
Nyte
Legendary BF2S Veteran
+535|6794|Toronto, ON
Because those servers suck.

I think I'm on around 300 server ban lists for ignoring that rule.
Alpha as fuck.
Ajax_the_Great1
Dropped on request
+206|6689

Nyte wrote:

Because those servers suck.

I think I'm on around 300 server ban lists for ignoring that rule.
Good, I say fuck those servers. I used to be against it but after dealing with hundreds of hours of bullshit from abusive admins I say fuck it. It's a stupid rule made for crybaby admins to exploit.
Chorcai
+49|6690|Ireland

=Karma-Kills= wrote:

JOOOS N00B5 DUNT JOOUU Und3R5t4ND ZAT R3d S70P s1gN = PAZZ H3r3 N g37 B4Z0R3DDD!!! OHHHH NO3ZZZZZZ
what ?
OpsChief
+101|6718|Southern California

wooly-back-jack wrote:

The Rule is theirs and it's their server, how about you disconnect, curl up and chew your bollocks...they pay for the server.
You always get servers like that but there are servers that DO allow it and state that, but the ones moaning about it wont go there will you, cant get cheap kills there can you.
Point is they pay for the server and they generally get a crowd that sticks to the rule, then you get some nugget connect and start raping/artying the carrier...all it is is cheap kills, you cant dress it up to no-one, only people that will defend it on a forum is the cocks that do it.
Once you play regularly on an open strategic total war server without the limited war boundaries you realize there is no way to get easy points by "raping" an enemy uncap unless your team massively outclasses the enemy. Then the Admins should shuffle the teams to balance the game out, not kick players off. On total war servers these raids are expected and teamworked to hell and back. If you aren't ready to fight go play where Admins protect your 6 o'clock for you.

Limited War and Total War rules are both valid and result in a very different game.
OpsChief

Chorcai wrote:

=Karma-Kills= wrote:

JOOOS N00B5 DUNT JOOUU Und3R5t4ND ZAT R3d S70P s1gN = PAZZ H3r3 N g37 B4Z0R3DDD!!! OHHHH NO3ZZZZZZ
what ?
lmao the Red Stop Sign means it can't be capped, it does not mean "you aren't allowed to go there". Do you know how I know that?  If Dice can code boundaries that kill you if you stay out too long then they could have added a similar no/go boundary around uncaps to keep you "honest"...they didn't add boundaries so get over it. In the unModded rules, Uncaps can't be captured but they sure can be controlled.
Hyper
Banned
+154|6793

killer21 wrote:

Hyper wrote:

i cant recall ever telling anyone to search and this thread has been discussed a few times in these forums, then again, i guess ill go cry now because you called me a retard....lololol
like i give a flying fuck what you think.
wooly-back-jack
Jihaaaaaad!!!
+84|6782|England

OpsChief wrote:

wooly-back-jack wrote:

Once you play regularly on an open strategic total war server without the limited war boundaries you realize there is no way to get easy points by "raping" an enemy uncap unless your team massively outclasses the enemy. Then the Admins should shuffle the teams to balance the game out, not kick players off. On total war servers these raids are expected and teamworked to hell and back. If you aren't ready to fight go play where Admins protect your 6 o'clock for you.

Limited War and Total War rules are both valid and result in a very different game.
I agree with what you said apart from the cheap kills, If the server already has a crowd on that is playing to the rule that you dont attack uncaps and are respecting it then someone comes on and parks a tank on your runway and starts artying your jets/choppers/arses in your own base who's cheap? they are only doing it for one reason, rack up cheap kills because no one else is doing it.

Ive always said in the past that I agree with jets attacking etc but not arty on uncaps, there is stuff there to deal with them. But when people play on a server that doesnt allow attack on uncaps they don't expect to be defending them do they.
OpsChief

wooly-back-jack wrote:

OpsChief wrote:

wooly-back-jack wrote:

I agree with what you said apart from the cheap kills, If the server already has a crowd on that is playing to the rule that you dont attack uncaps and are respecting it then someone comes on and parks a tank on your runway and starts artying your jets/choppers/arses in your own base who's cheap? they are only doing it for one reason, rack up cheap kills because no one else is doing it.

Ive always said in the past that I agree with jets attacking etc but not arty on uncaps, there is stuff there to deal with them. But when people play on a server that doesnt allow attack on uncaps they don't expect to be defending them do they.
Maybe I didn't make my view clearly. I am against breaking the rules on any server. If the rule says no attacking uncaps, I won't do it. People who play on those servers will get their asses handed to them on servers that allow strategic boundaries. When you learn a style that ignores a need for defense and security and focus on the four square blockes around the Karkand Hotel you are likely to feel violated when someone wastes your UAV and steals your all your armor...lol

Someone parking a tank on an enemy airfield in our total war style server is not going to be getting cheap kills because the enemy team is hitting him with everything they have BECAUSE they know the Admins will not do it for them. It is hard to understand this player behavior when someone becomes happy with Admins covering for a teams mistakes or gaps in the battle area. Also a tank on the enemy airfield means your side may gain air superiority for awhile which helps to win the game. Strategic teamwork style. You can't apply the player ethics of Strategic Total War server on a tactical Limited War server or vice versa, they are different animals and both are cool.

motto for our server: "no place to run, nowhere to hide"    and we mean it.

Last edited by OpsChief (2006-12-29 09:34:53)

The_Jester
+52|6533|Italy
If uncap attack is allowed, fine by me. I do it when there isn't another flag to fight for, or if I wanna steal a jet/chopper. A stolen jet can be a HUGE advantage for a team.

But I can't stand fucking assholes who start attacking uncap flags when server rules don't allow it. Usually it's written in the loading image and most server have the main rules scrolling on the screen.
So you know your are breaking a rule, you know you are pissing people off and still keep doing it.
Don't like the rules? Fuck away and play on another server, don't try to force 20/60 more people to play like YOU single pathetic asshole wanna play.
OpsChief

The_Jester wrote:

If uncap attack is allowed, fine by me. I do it when there isn't another flag to fight for, or if I wanna steal a jet/chopper. A stolen jet can be a HUGE advantage for a team.

But I can't stand fucking assholes who start attacking uncap flags when server rules don't allow it. Usually it's written in the loading image and most server have the main rules scrolling on the screen.
So you know your are breaking a rule, you know you are pissing people off and still keep doing it.
Don't like the rules? Fuck away and play on another server, don't try to force 20/60 more people to play like YOU single pathetic asshole wanna play.
Agreed.

I dislike the fine-line rules that say "no attacking uncaps unless you are Spec Ops and only to destroy UAV etc" suck.  They require heavy admin intervention to determine of you are in a UAV destruction profile or just uncap camping. The ROE forces the allowance to destroy these assets so servers add the rule 'spec ops only' and then kick you if you kill anyone on the way to/from the UAV even in self-defense.

This is one area that Dice should code an uncap time limit (or block to keep all but SF kits) out to take away the in-game admin involvement. Most of the prefered excessive game-MODing rules should be coded.
Sigarms357
Say Hello to My 11-87
+6|6781
I'm all for attacking uncaps strategically at beginning of maps to kill off invasions, or if the other team is so crappy they cant cap flags.  If all flags are taken, then its fair game on uncaps.  Noobs dont understand that it isnt raping when you are too incompetent to squad up and cap a flag somewhere.  I wont stand on my heels and let you cap a flag and if you hide in an uncap, or the front of the battle leads there, then Im going to attack.

Attacking a uncap isnt raping.  But attacking uncaps  can and should be prohibited when it is is done merely for kills and not strategy. I.e. 5 of 6 flags of other team is capped and your attacking uncaps and not helping your team grab other flags back!

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard