Christen[30AU]
Attain By Surprise
+41|6785|Oregon, USA
So I recently put together a fairly nice computer. I am currently running Vista x64bit and everything is running very smoothly. Some questions about bf2142 though.

I will be playing, and I can play for sometime, but after a certain amount of time, I get kicked by punkbuster, and it doesnt' give me a reason. I've heard this was because of running 2142 on vista, but I'm not entirely sure. Any help would be awesome...

Also, if anyone knows anything about this, when I log into Windows live messenger, (msn) WLM works for a few seconds, then vista tells me that it has stopped working. But when I log out, and log in as appear offline, then after a few seconds change my status to online, it does nothing wrong. Any help?
naightknifar
Served and Out
+642|6584|Southampton, UK

VoIP De-activated?
If not - do it.
Retalliation[1337]
Robin Hood ---> "u got arrownd"
+51|6497|Belgium
yeah im also kinda sure it isnt vista i got the same and im running good ol xp here
Christen[30AU]
Attain By Surprise
+41|6785|Oregon, USA
ok, ill try the de-activating of the VOIP. See if that helps thanks guys.
Christen[30AU]
Attain By Surprise
+41|6785|Oregon, USA
Hey, so that didn't work. I also tried playing bf2 on vista just this morning. within the first few seconds i was kicked by punkbuster. reason: inadaquate O/S privileges. Anyone know how to fix this?
Hurricane
Banned
+1,153|6653|Washington, DC

77th|Christensen wrote:

Hey, so that didn't work. I also tried playing bf2 on vista just this morning. within the first few seconds i was kicked by punkbuster. reason: inadaquate O/S privileges. Anyone know how to fix this?
You need admin privileges on your computer, if you already do then I don't know what to tell you =/

Are you running the beta version of Vista, or the release version? Either way, that messenger thing sounds like just some Microsoft bug they'll patch when Vista's released to the general public.
dubbs
+105|6655|Lexington, KY

77th|Christensen wrote:

You have to give the game Admin rights for it to run properly.  Do a search, and there should be some information on how to do it.
[RU]Grmbl
+9|6517|Russia
Right-click BF2142 shortcut ->properties -> compatibility - run this program as administrator.

Next time do a search before posting - this was answered before.
Nutter Butter
+2|6570

[RU]Grmbl wrote:

Right-click BF2142 shortcut ->properties -> compatibility - run this program as administrator.

Holy Shit Asshole, Give the guy a break.  Why do people have to act like complete fucktards when people come here looking for help.  It makes the site look like it houses a clan full of jerks.  If you want to be a jerk in a forum, create your own and leave this one alone.
Obese_Soldier
+4|6486
You could also right click and run as administrator. You have to do this every time though, if you don't set it.
kiteboarderni
+62|6703

Nutter Butter wrote:

[RU]Grmbl wrote:

Holy Shit Asshole, Give the guy a break.  Why do people have to act like complete fucktards when people come here looking for help.  It makes the site look like it houses a clan full of jerks.  If you want to be a jerk in a forum, create your own and leave this one alone.
well said +1 for you sir
Storgie
how about this thread for whiners
+15|6598|federal way washington
are you sure vista is not blocking parts of the games, talking through my hat as i won't get vista anytime soon but i know xp pro does a lot of blocking that i have to tell it to allow, with ea games how would you know cause your not using browser and can't see buttons at bottom...

have you talked to ms and ea about it?
Christen[30AU]
Attain By Surprise
+41|6785|Oregon, USA
Nah, im pretty sure the compatability thing Grmbl posted is gonna work. thats what ive heard, and it sounds exactly right to me.

Thanks all, really appreciate the help.
[RU]Grmbl
+9|6517|Russia

Nutter Butter wrote:

[RU]Grmbl wrote:

Oh. Basically, you are showing how to act "like complete fucktard"properly?

Nice. Go do you homework or something, kid.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard