Echo
WOoKie
+383|6690|The Netherlands
Hello guys,

I recently found something interesting in the field upgrade screen. I have 2 player abilities unlocked, the nade and sprint. Check my stats to see for yourself. Click the general tap. http://battlefield.ea.com/battlefield/b … ;Profiles=

When you get a field upgrade ingame, the icon for player abilities show a lock and it says you need to rank up or something. When you select the locked upgrade and click select at the bottom, you ll still get the field upgrade.

https://img409.imageshack.us/img409/8505/screen153mv7.th.png

As you can see here at the bottom on the ss, the Staminar 9 Recovery System was unlocked even tho its suppost to be locked.

https://img246.imageshack.us/img246/1606/screen132yk4.th.png

It could very well be that this only works under certain conditions so if you guys can check it out next time you get an field upgrade and post the results here please, that would be much apreciated.

I could use some feedback so i can make a decent bug report to sent to ea.

Cheers,

Echo.

Last edited by Echo (2006-12-28 04:12:09)

RavyGravy
Son.
+617|6376|NSW, Australia

hmmm a bug from a ea game you say?
Titch2349
iz me!
+358|6322|uk

<<<FTDM>>>Gen.Raven wrote:

that never happens
joker3327
=IBF2=
+305|6568|Cheshire. UK
One of these is the idea of field upgrades, which will be ways for squads to get rewarded for good play. If your squad works together and you accomplish objectives, you may unlock a field upgrade, which gives you access to unlocks that you might not regularly have access to. The longer you work together as a squad, the more temporary unlocks you can get. This may help you out in a fight, and it's also a great way to experiment with different unlocks

Its only temporary ...thats why it still shows as locked, you have not unlocked it, you have just been borrowed it for the duration of the game as a reward for good team play....at the end of the game you will lose them

Last edited by joker3327 (2006-12-28 04:34:35)

Mouse315
Bash.org Junkie
+105|6490
I've noticed that player abilities tend to be locked first, but if you get the other available field unlocks they become field unlock-able aswell.
Retalliation[1337]
Robin Hood ---> "u got arrownd"
+51|6444|Belgium

Mouse315 wrote:

I've noticed that player abilities tend to be locked first, but if you get the other available field unlocks they become field unlock-able aswell.
wrong, i unlockedf the grenades and i cant field upgrade any ability
zeidmaan
+234|6385|Vienna

you can field upgrade the grenades. But if you already have grenades unlocked you cant field upgrade the sprinting things and max clip. But if you have unlocked max clip you can than again field upgrade the extra grenade ability.
Fallschirmjager10
+36|6430

joker3327 wrote:

One of these is the idea of field upgrades, which will be ways for squads to get rewarded for good play. If your squad works together and you accomplish objectives, you may unlock a field upgrade, which gives you access to unlocks that you might not regularly have access to. The longer you work together as a squad, the more temporary unlocks you can get. This may help you out in a fight, and it's also a great way to experiment with different unlocks

Its only temporary ...thats why it still shows as locked, you have not unlocked it, you have just been borrowed it for the duration of the game as a reward for good team play....at the end of the game you will lose them
Negative, as long as you stay in the server you have it.
joker3327
=IBF2=
+305|6568|Cheshire. UK

Fallschirmjager10 wrote:

joker3327 wrote:

Negative, as long as you stay in the server you have it.
Thats what I said when you finish playing the game you lose the feild upgrades
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6663
too right youth.
Echo
WOoKie
+383|6690|The Netherlands

zeidmaan wrote:

you can field upgrade the grenades. But if you already have grenades unlocked you cant field upgrade the sprinting things and max clip. But if you have unlocked max clip you can than again field upgrade the extra grenade ability.
Nope, i have the nade and sprint and i got the Staminar 9 Recovery System as field upgrade even tho its locked.

The first screenshot shows i got 2 player abilities unlocked and it shows i cant get a player ability upgrade via the field upgrade screen.

https://img329.imageshack.us/img329/1461/screen153atw4.png

But its not locked, if you click the locked field upgrade and then click select, you ll still get the upgrade.

https://img166.imageshack.us/img166/7547/screen132ajf9.png
psH
Banned
+217|6354|Sydney
Remeber when you would start a round with no unlocks and you were a recruit? you have been de-ranked?  WELL, i unlocked the player abilty unlocks up to both sprint ones, and sometimes teh de-rank-de-unlock thing will happen, but i will have the kit unlocks but not the player abilty ones.

Last edited by Doms (2006-12-30 05:26:37)

Zukabazuka
+23|6655
Player abilities doesn't have an Icon upset the last grenade option or first one. So they added that Lock symbol there, why I have no idea but it isn't locked or anything everyone can get them through field upgrade.

This isn't a bug.
Zefar
+116|6619|Sweden
I have done this for as long as I have learned about the Field Upgrade. Just because it happens to have a lock doesn't mean you can't unlock it.
Jo Barf Creepy
+27|6529

<<<FTDM>>>Gen.Raven wrote:

From a Digitial Illusions game. How many fucking times do i have to drill into people that EA does NO coding in BF2 & BF2142

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard