Rubix-Cubes
+123|6687|UK
can you guys have a look to see if it just me or is the Armour badge bugged, reason being in the MEDALS section it says i have 43/100 hours and in the BADGES section it says 26/50... so what one is correct??
Rihgoha
+2|6760|Estonia
Medals show it correctly, the badge is bugged and shows only the time in Tanks
Ender2309
has joined the GOP
+470|6602|USA

Rihgoha wrote:

Medals show it correctly, the badge is bugged and shows only the time in Tanks
i think the badge time has to be in tanks though.
NZDeathBoy
+20|6731|Chch, New Zealand
No the walker counts as armour, But you cant get the ribbon in a walker, you ahve to get it in a tank sadly.

And yeah the medal shows the correct total time for armour

EDIT: Note the top gunner in walker counts as AA time not armour time

Last edited by NZDeathBoy (2006-12-28 00:52:34)

D34TH_D34L3R
+48|6847|Belgium
So if the medal reaches 50hours, you can get the Badge? Even though the badge says there are less hours in tank, or not?
NZDeathBoy

D34TH_D34L3R wrote:

So if the medal reaches 50hours, you can get the Badge? Even though the badge says there are less hours in tank, or not?
Yeah when the Medal says 50/100 hours, you are now able to get the armour badge. Even though the armour badge says say 40 for example.

When i got my vet badge. I only had 6 hours, but i had 24hours in a walker... So i got it without even knowing i could
D34TH_D34L3R
+48|6847|Belgium
Well that explains why I got the Silver Armor Badge when I was still required to have 5more hours with it..
LOL! Going to see how much more hours I need for the Gold (need the points to rank up).
NZDeathBoy

D34TH_D34L3R wrote:

Well that explains why I got the Silver Armor Badge when I was still required to have 5more hours with it..
LOL! Going to see how much more hours I need for the Gold (need the points to rank up).
LOL geting to the top rank isnt that great, you find that lots of people have that rank.... LOL
Sgt.Davi
Touches Himself At Night.
+300|6674|England
Does an APC count towards your armor time?

Do kills in the APC count towards a badge/ribbon/medal?

I am trying to get the armor ribbon, fell short by a single kill yesterday (Tip: At the end of the round park your armor near the base of the Titan and wait for all the enemy to start dropping )
D34TH_D34L3R
+48|6847|Belgium

NZDeathBoy wrote:

D34TH_D34L3R wrote:

LOL geting to the top rank isnt that great, you find that lots of people have that rank.... LOL
Actually, on server I play the rankings are relatively low. I most of the time am one of the 3 highest ranking players. LOL:-).. Besides, I want to catch up with a friend of mine..
Rubix-Cubes
+123|6687|UK
cheers fellas for all of ya feed back, i now know that i can go for my badge sooner rather then later now... ARMOUR WHORE LOL
Warstarz
+11|6463

Sgt.Davi wrote:

Does an APC count towards your armor time?

Do kills in the APC count towards a badge/ribbon/medal?

I am trying to get the armor ribbon, fell short by a single kill yesterday (Tip: At the end of the round park your armor near the base of the Titan and wait for all the enemy to start dropping )
I tried getting that armor ribbon in an APC and got 30 kills IAR and nothing happened. Maybe an APC is a transport now.
DerGraueWolf
aka Nekrodamus
+52|6763|Germany, near Koblenz
The ribbon is tank only, the batch looks like tank only and the medal is tank + walker + apc.
D34TH_D34L3R
+48|6847|Belgium
For the Ribbon either go Suez on Titan Mode or Suez on Conquest Mode. And it's best if you use the PAC hover-tank.
Why?
Titan Mode:
First of all; the map is I believe the smallest of all Titan Maps, so no really great distances are involved.
You can easily kill plenty enemies while defending Silo 5 and the Silo that is nearest to your own home-base, since those are the 'front assault' Silo's and there's almost always a lot of activity around those 3 Silo's. The other 2 Silo's are a bit 'out of the war zone'. Best if you just go from the one towards the other and back again.
An other advantage is that there's only 1 enemy Tank, and 1 enemy Gunship to worry about, and NO Walkers.
The biggest fear of a Tank should either be a Walker or a Gunship.

Conquest Mode:
Here it's pretty simple; Suez Conquest contains a shitload of Tanks and is a relative small vehicle map with a lot of Control Points. So this should result in a lot of kills, and you'll always be able to find a new Tank if yours gets blown.
The negative point of this map; There are also a lot of Walkers and (I might be mistaken) Gunships.

PAC Hover-Tank:
The simple fact that it hovers is the real advantage of the PAC Tank. The weakest part of a Tank (and actually any other vehicle is it's bottom and it's rear. In a Tank battle between 2 equally skilled drivers, the PAC Tank will win in 80% of the cases. Because you can easily hover around the EU Tank to shoot it in the rear, while the EU Tank will always be facing your front (which is the part with most armor) of your Tank.

Hope this helps for getting the Armor Ribbon.
B-Scimitar
Defeating your warriors.
+116|6440|Espoo, Finland

DerGraueWolf wrote:

The ribbon is tank only, the batch looks like tank only and the medal is tank + walker + apc.
Could you explain this one?

https://koti.mbnet.fi/ppelaaja/pics/bf2142/bf2142-20061216-195141.png
DerGraueWolf
aka Nekrodamus
+52|6763|Germany, near Koblenz
Photoshop!

Sorry when I was wrong on that one, but I know for sure, that the apc won't count for the ribbon.

The badge time / kills shown equal the tank values, but due to NZDeathBoy he got silver "to early" because walker time is counted too, allthough it's not shown. If this is true (and there is no reason to mistrust him), perhaps apc time is counted too. I'll give it a try as soon all times sum up to 25 hrs for me, but this may take a while since I don't use vehicles very often.

With the medal it's fine, time and kills shown at BFHQ are exactly the sum of tank + walker + apc values.
NZDeathBoy
B-Scimitar oh thats sooo not fair....  I swaer almost everytime im in a walker im in it long enough and i don't get that damn ribbon.

DerGraueWolf the armour badge is defently walker and tank, but unsure on apc. As I havn't sat down and really worked it out, But i will at somestage
NZDeathBoy
LOL after i made the above post, went and had a game, and low and behold, I got the friggin ribbon in a walker, then i went on and got my expert engi.

So i can confirm you can get the armour ribbon in a walker. Got it on a titian map. the one where there is only one walker at silo 1 Cant remember what it's called. Had a awsome kill streak too, 26 LOL.

I can provide a screenshot
Rubix-Cubes
+123|6687|UK
nice one NZdeath i got the ribbon ages ago, but it was in a tank, ive got about 3 or so hours to go till i get to 50 hours in armour so when it gets there ill try and get my 35 kills to see if i get the gold armour whore bagde

Last edited by Rubix-Cubes (2006-12-28 16:34:39)

NZDeathBoy
I still nead about 10 hiours in armour. If i have a good round on something landing, i can get over 35 kills in walker
ghostgr
177th Field Artillery
+39|6772|In your head

NZDeathBoy wrote:

No the walker counts as armour, But you cant get the ribbon in a walker, you ahve to get it in a tank sadly.

That is not true I got the ribbon in the walker. and badge in tank. so both count .
Master*
Banned
+416|6526|United States
Thank god, that was bugging me, then I should have expert armor in no time as im ranked in the top 1000 with battlewalkers.  yes I whore walkers occasionally
NZDeathBoy

ghostgr wrote:

NZDeathBoy wrote:

That is not true I got the ribbon in the walker. and badge in tank. so both count .
I corrected myself later on in the thread i believe.
D34TH_D34L3R
+48|6847|Belgium

NZDeathBoy wrote:

Yes! And it's great to get Clear Skies Pins in Cerbere Landing and Camp Gibraltar (Camp is the best of the 2 because of it's many higher levels that only you can shoot at and the driver can't).

Proof;
https://www.linuxhelp.be/tim/files/screen306.png
NZDeathBoy
you can also get your Air Defense Ribbon on that map too, need 15 kills in min of 5mins. I havn't got it, but  a mate has, Got that ribbon in  the titian aa guns.... Before my 10hours was up DAMN IT!!!

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard