Dr_Paulos236
+41|6410|England
I'll soon attain the rank of Brig.Gen, and the sooner the better. I've got A levels i really should be working on, exams in January and I'm actually fucked.
Magius5.0
+106|6397|UMass Amherst
I've been Brigadier General for at least a month now, give or take, and the game is still as fun as ever.  If anything, it's been more fun because it gives me time to mix-&-match my unlocks into the nastiest kits I can come up with.  That, and with rank comes a little bit of respect, the occasional 'hey that guy has played a lot, he may have an inkling of how to play!' and give me a competent squad to command.  Plus, I challenge people to get the Air Medal as-is...good luck with getting 8,000 kills, hah hah.

I don't think I can play so much as another single round of Kark-spam-istan without puking from the various types of whoring on that map (medic, armor, grenade, etc...don't make me list them all, please).  I can also never go back to being bombed back to oblivion by one man in a god damn J10 or bomber, time and time and time again, watching n00b pilots on my team crash our planes in two seconds because they can't decide which way is up...I'd rather take my chances with the Battle Walker three inches from my nose, thanks, because I know I can win against that.    With much difficulty, maybe, but he's killable.

Bottom line: I'd rather be a General and be good at what I do in 2142 than be a General in BF2 with meager stats who has had his ass burned one too many times by armor, jets, and helicopter whores.
DerGraueWolf
aka Nekrodamus
+52|6747|Germany, near Koblenz
Yes, I decided to stay at 2142. I will continue with "WarlordSr" to recieve the "Infantry Combat of Merit Medal" and after this award I'll probably start a new account.

Back to BF2 is no real option for me: Just one more rank (Colonel) to obtain, since I never would start flying.

And playing (online) without promotions / awards is no option at all.
sparrowpisuke
Fractalman
+27|6461|Barcelona
In my case, rank system is useful only for unlocks.
With sufficient time everyone can be brigadier general, good players and bad players.
But acomplish all the requirements to gain all the awards requires certain quality.
This is my objective, and certainly I must play many hours to reach it.
Be the top 1000 in the world or the top 10 in your country, maybe other objectives.
And... play for fun, the objective number one.
straz_mataz
Banned
+86|6550|Edmonton Alberta
not any more
back to bf2
DerGraueWolf
aka Nekrodamus

sparrowpisuke wrote:

With sufficient time everyone can be brigadier general, good players and bad players.
But acomplish all the requirements to gain all the awards requires certain quality.
Be the top 1000 in the world or the top 10 in your country, maybe other objectives.
Getting awards and showing them is allways fun for me, not only with this game. And a wide collection of awards is perfect fun, allthough I'm not able to recieve them all, since houndreds of hours of vehicle whoring are no fun at all for me.
sparrowpisuke
Fractalman
+27|6461|Barcelona

DerGraueWolf wrote:

sparrowpisuke wrote:

Getting awards and showing them is allways fun for me, not only with this game. And a wide collection of awards is perfect fun, allthough I'm not able to recieve them all, since houndreds of hours of vehicle whoring are no fun at all for me.
I think so...
When I said 'all', I would want to say 'almost all'...

Last edited by sparrowpisuke (2006-12-27 02:18:12)

Bell
Frosties > Cornflakes
+362|6564|UK

Somethings wrong when in bf2 your were a 1set serg at around the 20 k mark, now in 2142 your into the General's.  Month from now you will see entire squads running around with all General's 'pwnzoring' with there uber l33t skillzors.  It's silly, every gap between rank should have been doubled, and some additional ranks put in before you become an officer, I got General yesterday (quite pleased hehe) and found my self after it wondering why I was still on because I am not progressing DAMMIT!

Martyn
Zukabazuka
+23|6701
When I play I don't se generals so often as those first ranks. But those generals are good and give a challenge apart from those first ranks does.
Chappy556
+14|6715
here's a thought, play the game for...wait for it...fun

you like bf2 still?  enjoy
you like 2142?  go nuts

the game doesn't have to be liked by anyone else to be fun...
DerGraueWolf
aka Nekrodamus

Chappy556 wrote:

...the game doesn't have to be liked by anyone else to be fun...
At least by enough people to fill the server!
Janja
Jiggaboo Jones
+11|6397|FLOOR E DUH
yupppp thats why im back to bf2
Chappy556
+14|6715
i sit corrected but there is plenty of bf love to go round
Mouse315
Bash.org Junkie
+105|6535

DerGraueWolf wrote:

Chappy556 wrote:

...the game doesn't have to be liked by anyone else to be fun...
At least by enough people to fill the server!
Thats exactly what happened to the PoE2 mod with BF2, there aren't enough people to fill the servers, even if it is fun.
HUNDaemon
Exploit/Glitch "Tester"
+49|6391|Inside the AR Rockets.
Ok so, after battlefield 2142 is done, you've ranked out... then you go back to battlefield 2... what happens when you rank out on that game too? 1942? Vietnam?
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6708
Once I hit general I will probably play on and off. And I will play lots of Garry's Mod, DoD:S, CS:S, and who knows what else?
Master*
Banned
+416|6510|United States
ummmm get all expert badges and awards?, work on making your stats look good, go up in the leaderboards, supreme commander? play the game?
gene_pool
Banned
+519|6637|Gold coast, Aus.

HUNDaemon wrote:

Ok so, after battlefield 2142 is done, you've ranked out... then you go back to battlefield 2... what happens when you rank out on that game too? 1942? Vietnam?
BF2 just has un-limited reply value.....2142 i got to drag myself to play it when you know your not playing for anything. The fun in that game was to climb the ranks and get the awards.

Last edited by gene_pool (2006-12-27 21:06:51)

ATG
Banned
+5,233|6544|Global Command
You all justify me not buying 2142.
Thanks.
-=raska=-
Canada's French Frog
+123|6641|Quebec city, Canada
That was one of the reasons* why I didnt buy this game. Ranks are way too easy to earn... If you want my opinion, my favorite rank system was the one before BF2 V1.03, when you had to get 25 000 pts to be sergeant. It somehow reflected the real life, because the proportion was good between the amount of time you had to play in the game and the experience you have to get in real life to be sergeant. In 2142, its just ridiculous...

*other reasons : guns nerfed, vehicles nerfed, less vehicles, only two armies, game less complex than bf2 if no unlocks.
Inspect@hDeck
+23|6441|Browntown
I tried going back to BF2, but I went 1-27 in kills with my beloved MG36.

So I figured I lost the touch and headed back to BF2142 and my also beloved SAAW.
Zefar
+116|6664|Sweden

gene_pool wrote:

HUNDaemon wrote:

BF2 just has un-limited reply value.....2142 i got to drag myself to play it when you know your not playing for anything. The fun in that game was to climb the ranks and get the awards.
There are more things to do in BF2142 than going up in rank.

-=raska=-: You say the game is less complex when you need to watch your back for people who are trying to blow up your tank/walker. You'll have to keep an eye out for loller mines which can't be blocked to.
Guns certainly ain't nerfed, if something was done to them it was making them better.

Support can maul down people on distance without big problems.
Assault with it's rocket can easily take out several people at once.
Sniper with it's extra zoom can take out people on long long long distance.
You'll have to be somewhat carefull close to those sentry turrets.

This game ain't nerfed and vehicles are just fine, APC still own those infantry with the second seat but it sucks againts tanks/walkers/APC. It's fairly good vs air to or at least it can take out the driver.

Tanks now got a zoom mode which greatly help them to take out targets on long distance.
PAC tank can strafe which gives it other tactics than normal.

Also if you mean they nerfed the game by making the guns better I'm pretty amazed by it. Why?
Because when the public made a so called pro mod of BF2 and improved every damn gun it was called an upgrade, when EA do it it's a nerf.
D34TH_D34L3R
+48|6832|Belgium
I actually find BF2142 much more amusing than BF2.
In BF2 I've got like 260hours total and I bought it a month after it got out.
I bought BF2142 as soon as it got out in Europe, and I already have got 160hours total with it.
I just think it has a better fun-factor than BF2.. Got tired of it after 100hours of Karkand whoring.
And IMO none of the other BF2 maps were as exciting as Karkand, you had to either search 5minutes before finding someone to shoot. Or you get raped by jet-whores.
Krysiss
+15|6490|NL

fierce wrote:

Zukabazuka wrote:

shut up about it that its for 12 years old. They wouldn't be able to win a map even if they tried.
Unfortunately Krysiss is right and the game is made for total newbs. The last Bastion of skill was even newbified with the last 1.1 patch. The TV missiles can now be easily steered into the target. I never enjoyed playing 2142 because it's way to easy and meanwhile i only play 2142 if there is a new patch released to see how the game is now.

Until a new real good game is released i'll stick with BF2.
May I present you :http://www.frontlineswar.com/
still it will take sometime when it will come out (bummer)

This game is comming from the mod makers DC(the best mod from BF1942) and ditched by the guys of DICE/EA
they use the Unreal 3 enigne so grpahics will be fine to:D
Master*
Banned
+416|6510|United States

D34TH_D34L3R wrote:

I actually find BF2142 much more amusing than BF2.
In BF2 I've got like 260hours total and I bought it a month after it got out.
I bought BF2142 as soon as it got out in Europe, and I already have got 160hours total with it.
I just think it has a better fun-factor than BF2.. Got tired of it after 100hours of Karkand whoring.
And IMO none of the other BF2 maps were as exciting as Karkand, you had to either search 5minutes before finding someone to shoot. Or you get raped by jet-whores.
Thats what special forces and infantry only was for

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard