Skorpy-chan
+127|6345|Twyford, UK
I wouldn't if I had the ability to. It's not like they're using it.

I prefer having my own line, though. Wired, unstealable, and ALL MINE!
However, when I get a laptop in a few months, I WILL be putting an encryption key on the wireless network. (Possibly along with a message saying that if people want connection they should just ask.)
Hurricane
Banned
+1,153|6630|Washington, DC

Alright people. Anyone saying "if ur dumb enough 2 leave teh thing UNPASSWORDED u get deserve getting HAXXED", please give me your residential addresses. I'd love to see you say that when someone breaks into your house cause a window was left open or something.
02fxnmaurer
+75|6482|Birmingham UK
lol grandparents with wireless.......wats that less than 1% of elderly population
Baglicka
+8|6441|Manitoba,Canada

FFLink13 wrote:

ownership10 wrote:

Baglicka wrote:

Do what you got to do, if people don't want to protect themselves, shit happens
so if you left a window in your house open it would be ok to steal from you....love the logic there.
ooo, good one...
I see your point, I don't steal by the way
Sydney
2λчиэλ
+783|6843|Reykjavík, Iceland.
I get free internet legally, tee-hee.
Defiance
+438|6671

I think you are full of shit if you want to steal internet. I also think you're more full of shit if you can't decide if this will make you feel bad or not. Quit being so damn emo, learn your own fucking emotions.

I also love it where, this person will not be named, said "they screw me over by using X application and Y program." Fuck that and fuck you, they do what they want because they pay for it and if you want to freeload, deal with it.

SealXo wrote:

"yes hello, can i use your internet to steal music so you get fucked instead of me?"

"yes honey heres a pack of gum and a quarter you nice little boy"
Didn't you just answer your own question?

Last edited by Defiance (2006-12-24 17:48:04)

chittydog
less busy
+586|6835|Kubra, Damn it!

Stealing is stealing. Why is it okay to steal some things but not others? You won't starve without an internet connection.
GotMex?
$623,493,674,868,715.98 in Debt
+193|6763

For those asking about how I did the bandwidth routing... some routers have throttling options, and I would just make it so the 15657 port or whatever BF2 uses had priority.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6716
I control the bandwidth where I live.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
MagikTrik
yes.....but your still gay
+138|6370|Pittsburgh, PA USA
I'm in your backyards, stealing your internets.

yes, on occasion I've borrowed the neighbors bandwith but I set their computers up & showed them how to secure their router so it's their fault.

If you live in a neighborhood with houses that's kinda wrong but if you live in an apartment building & don't secure your wireless connection then shame on you.
misconfiguration
GURU
+86|6396|Indianapolis, IN
If their wifi is unsecured go for it, hell go for it if they're running WEP crack that shit. There are MANY MANY MAC spoofing utilities out there.
Coolbeano
Level 13.5 BF2S Ninja Penguin Sensei
+378|6763

Not only do I steal my neighbor's wireless, I take his account info too. He's got a better internet package than me, and is too lazy to change the admin/admin linksys router passwords. Just grabbed his account stuff from the settings page.
B00MH3ADSH0T
Fresh NoobCaeks Here
+118|6390|Penrith,Nsw, Aus
How do i set a password on my d-link modem and i used to pick up wireless on my laptop aswell.
Magpie
international welder....Douchebag Dude, <3 ur mom
+257|6526|Milkystania, yurop
you are not stealing you are just liberating the Internet so liberate my friend liberate
joker3327
=IBF2=
+305|6598|Cheshire. UK
My son has his PC set up on a wireless PCI Card. Its set to connect to the strongest signal .. now seeing as his room is next to My PC room I assumed ours would be the strongest....

I have to tell him to get off when I play 2142 as the card hogs the band width ...well I was playing last night ...took a break to tell matt to go get me a brew and noticed he was downloading.... I check and he was connected to another router automatically....

hey means I play he downloads we are both happy ....!!  alls fair in love and internets!!

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard