kylef
Gone
+1,352|6491|N. Ireland
I never see this map anymore, and I absolutely love it. I only recently started playing it on the rare chances that I do see it, and as a Sniper - I think it is absolutely fantastic. Huge, covered valleys to walk across, lots of fantastic hiding spots and always on the alert!

It's mah new karkand.
loonitic
...is a potty mouth
+286|6532|Valhalla
I never liked that map... ever...
david363
Crotch fires and you: the untold story
+314|6736|Comber, Northern Ireland
yeah it is pretty damn sweet, especially on 64 player inf only
cospengle
+140|6484|Armidale, NSW, Australia
I love it! It's got heaps of armour and other vehicles, but no attack choppers or planes to ruin your day. It's very fluid with flags changing hands all the time. It's really good for teamwork; squads always do better on that map.
Tjasso
the "Commander"
+102|6521|the Netherlands
it even has FOG in it ...yeah its a nice map
wah1188
You orrible caaaaaaan't
+321|6458|UK
Fun anti tanking on that map.
lord_tyler_486
+54|6750|Upper Franconia
This is not the first thread trying to make Songhua Stalemate being played more often, but I haven't seen one thread that has been successful.
Meh, it's a shame that rarely any servers run this map, and even if they do, some morons immediately start a Map Vote for Karkand. I have never seen a European server running it 24/7 :\. What's wrong with this map??!
wah1188
You orrible caaaaaaan't
+321|6458|UK
Its not too good for medic whoring.
robthemadman
Always blame it on the ping
+63|6334
i never really liked songhua that much, the whole murky bog/swamp thing just pissed me off, I prefer Fushe Pass. now that is one good looking map.
Phrozenbot
+632|6613|do not disturb

Way too much armor. Should have been an infantry map me thinks. I enjoy it though. 16 player on IO is really fun.
Hurricane
Banned
+1,153|6628|Washington, DC

I'd be willing to set my server to 24/7 Songhua 32 or 16, if enough people say they'll support it. Of course, we all know how that works out: The people who say they'll support it get bored and go back to Assrape at Karkand.

I really wish people would actually get more skill in all aspects of the game so they'd be willing to play any map. Maybe then I'd see some 24/7 Clean Sweep servers in the US
Skorpy-chan
+127|6342|Twyford, UK
I hate the map. Mainly because I keep sinking FAVs due to the lack of decent perspective from the driving seat stopping me from finding the edge of the fords.
I look like a freaking idiot, swimming away from a flaming sinking jeep half the time, swimming through a swamp with a rocket on my back, or wedging APCs between buildings.
ReTox
+100|6496|State of RETOXification

Skorpy-chan wrote:

I hate the map. Mainly because I keep sinking FAVs due to the lack of decent perspective from the driving seat stopping me from finding the edge of the fords.
I look like a freaking idiot, swimming away from a flaming sinking jeep half the time, swimming through a swamp with a rocket on my back, or wedging APCs between buildings.
Always press F-10 when driving jeeps and buggies. 
venom6
Since day One.
+247|6556|Hungary
Yeah its a nice map but nobody likes it.We had a full server after wake and next map was Op.cleansweep...what happend ?
Server went empty...3 ppl were left.
Too many Karkand whores...
_-_911_-_180891
+540|6500|Shanghai, ethnicity=German
Ilove Songua Stalemate, it's my 2nd Karkand.
d4rkst4r
biggie smalls
+72|6451|Ontario, Canada
that was a terrible map
"you know life is what we make it, and a chance is like a picture, it'd be nice if you just take it"
Hurricane
Banned
+1,153|6628|Washington, DC

venom6 wrote:

Yeah its a nice map but nobody likes it.We had a full server after wake and next map was Op.cleansweep...what happend ?
Server went empty...3 ppl were left.
Too many Karkand whores...
Clean Sweep is far better than Wake. I also like it more than Karkand.

I'd laugh hard if all the "best maps" (AKA city maps) had been forced to be played unranked in patch 1.4.

Last edited by Hurricane (2006-12-24 09:29:15)

*TS*tphai
The Forum Alien
+89|6803|The planet Tophet
i love shonga its a great map...
it has a blackhawk thats good for jumping out of and good for sneeking aroudn in and the favs/dpvs are good for convoying like if you get a bunch of armor and stuff and you can have some good fun
\
[HhB]Jonny-JX
+5|6498|Dresden, Germany
I love Shonguna Stalemate too..."Only INF with 64 players on the 64-player-map..." damn, that is so bloody nice...
but online you got nearly 0 chances for playing this....but if we had LAN it runs pretty often ^^

Zatar Wetlands is a bloody hot map too...like playing it very much ^^

And "arrrrgggghhh" - dont say Wake is a good map...WAKE IS SHIT!!! -- As shitty as Jalalabad...
Col.Vind
Bob Saget is my karkand..
+14|6340|Smurfvillage, Gotland

[HhB]Jonny-JX wrote:

I love Shonguna Stalemate too..."Only INF with 64 players on the 64-player-map..." damn, that is so bloody nice...
but online you got nearly 0 chances for playing this....but if we had LAN it runs pretty often ^^

Zatar Wetlands is a bloody hot map too...like playing it very much ^^

And "arrrrgggghhh" - dont say Wake is a good map...WAKE IS SHIT!!! -- As shitty as Jalalabad...
Jalalabad is the shittiest map in bf2.. wake owns..

The only chance I get of playing stalemate is on servers that runs full map rotation..
elite.mafia
Banned
+122|6451|USA
When bf2 came out it was probably one of the most played maps along with mashtuur.. blackhawks OWNED so much back then
Ryan
+1,230|6840|Alberta, Canada

I am so used to playing Karkand, because that's all I played because my computer sucked. So it's getting hard for me to become better at different maps. Especially maps with planes and choppers, i just die constantly.
Des.Kmal
+917|6615|Atlanta, Georgia, USA

Hurricane wrote:

I'd be willing to set my server to 24/7 Songhua 32 or 16, if enough people say they'll support it. Of course, we all know how that works out: The people who say they'll support it get bored and go back to Assrape at Karkand.

I really wish people would actually get more skill in all aspects of the game so they'd be willing to play any map. Maybe then I'd see some 24/7 Clean Sweep servers in the US
what aboot some NIGHT MAPS?

Add me on Origin for Battlefield 4 fun: DesKmal
turkeybacon
+50|6443|Dragon Valley

loonitic wrote:

I never liked that map... ever...
lol you played it for 38 minutes...

I like it, but I never see it. I would like it more with attack choppers...
voltage
+46|6838|Sweden
My Most Played map!

It would have been better if there haven't been so many APCs. They are not needed with all the jeeps and boats and the relatively short distances between flags.

My tip for playing Songhua Stalemate:
* when on foot or light vehicle: never use the roads (this applies to most maps actually).
* use the boats (but again: not on the (water covered) roads, that's suicide)
* swim. You can learn where and how to swim to decrease the danger of getting caught in the water. Generally the shortest path is seldom the best.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard