AD_Kensan
+7|6797
Hi there,

I simply can't seem to get 10 repair points in one round. I used the search function and read almost every piece of usefull tips and tricks in this forum but it just does not work for me. I tried repairing tanks by foot, by car , staying around homebase to repair commander assets but it just does not seem to fly for me...

I tried differents maps (mainly Kark&Sharqi) but mostly on full 64 servers.

How do you guys rack up repair points? It seems very odd to me that getting heal/ammo-giving points is quite easy but getting repair points is a pain in the a...

Hope you guys can give me some pointers...

PS:Since everybody seems to announce their awards I would like to say that I got my Vet and Expert Explosive Ordinance in one round. That was very cool I thought I would never get it...
notorious
Nay vee, bay bee.
+1,396|6759|The United Center
congrats on the expert blowup stuff badge...that was probably the hardest award ive gotten so far.

as for repair points...i got my vet repair badge by doing what you already talked about, but by doing it in an almost unpopulated 64 person karkand server.  i just took a hummer and parked behind our tank as he pummeled the hotel CP from distance.  he would get hit with AT...but i would repair before they could finish him off.

it takes a while...and patience...but it can be done.  repair points are probably the hardest things to get legitimately.
RunningRiot
+0|6706
Get in a blackhawk and fly around in the backseat and repair the blackhawk.  When your artillery or other strategic objects are broken just hop in a gunner seat and repair those by hovering over them.
AD_Kensan
+7|6797
Thanks for the encouragement. I got the Vet Badge today on a 64 Mashtuur Map while doing Engineer on the Black Hawk. As soon as we got shot down and we had lost the BH base I thought I would not make it but luckily there was a Specops blowing up our stuff so I could grab the remaining points through repairing arty and UAV.

How to get the Expert Badge is beyond me though because with this tactic there is just no way to get 25 points. I guess it depends a lot on the server and the people that play on it. Just got to keep on trying I guess

Last edited by AD_Kensan (2005-12-30 08:30:57)

Rumfuddle
+14|6730
I got mine a rather odd way on 64 map Warlord as Insurgent.  It would be tough to duplicate.  I spawned at the rear hq to repair the uav and immediately we lost the both rear flags.  I was cut off, all the assets were now blown, but the lav was sitting unused so I grabbed that and drove around and fixed all the assets in the lav.  For whatever reason the other side never came after me for the longest time, but they would routinely send spec ops in who would blow up the assets.  So I just drove around and around doing this crazy circuit in that little back area repairing assets in the lav and killing spec ops and lo and behold up pops the vet eng repair.  Wasn't even expecting it.  I even did is as commander too because when I popped into the lav I noticed we had no commander so I signed up. 

I think of all the maps Warlord might be one of the better to try because the assets for the Insurgents are pretty close together and it's really tough to see people in all that foliage and low walls back there.
bs6749
+3|6756
If you want to do it the easy way get in a humvee and drive it into the water where you start to take damage. Press F3 have your wrench handy and go to town. Many would call this stat padding and I would as well but I have heard alot of people using this method. If you are proud of your medals then I wouldn't suggest doing this.

Or keep driving over the bumpy hills at Mashtuur near USMC artillery. Then just repair. Another thing may be to hop in a humvee and drive around the map following friendly vehicles and then repairing arty, UAV, etc. when needed.

Last edited by bs6749 (2005-12-30 21:00:20)

birdman69
+11|6768|Toronto, Canada
Easy man, do it being commander as an engineer in SF.  That way, you get commander time counted towards your Distinguished Service Medal as well.  Thats how I got mine like a week ago.  Now that you get points for blowing up the commaders assest, there's always little bastards running around c4ing the commanders shit.  Repair that shit MoFo, repair that shit.  Use that wrench like nobodies business.  When im commander, since the 1.12 patch, I average 13 repair points a round.
AD_Kensan
+7|6797

bs6749 wrote:

If you are proud of your medals then I wouldn't suggest doing this.
I am proud of my bf2-"blingbling" indeed since I put quite some work in many of them...

As a side question: does anybody know if the upcoming patch will affect the engineer class in regards of repair points?

Last edited by AD_Kensan (2005-12-30 22:11:15)

pokerplaya
want to go heads up?
+11|6746|cairns australia
doesnt matter how you get repair points or they would fix it.get in a humvee or vodnik damage it repair inside,also works on boats got the last few points this way for expert.
Opiate
+0|6737|Ontario, Canada
I got mine on Wake with 24-32 players .. repaired the assets a bunch since they kept getting blown up. Repaired some tanks and bridges.. Just drove around repairing people while I waited for stuff to blow up. Basically you want one of those long games with lots of stuff to do in a decent distance. So low players and large maps.
elite
+89|6726|Sheffield, England
NO no the best is to go on wake island, chinese, get the van at south base, and drive into the water under the bridge, sit in seat f3 and reair, should have it in no time. BTW nastie_butler told me that so dont shout at me for doing it the wrong way
Eckzack
The east-german Fuxxer
+37|6857|Germany / Saxony

elite wrote:

NO no the best is to go on wake island, chinese, get the van at south base, and drive into the water under the bridge, sit in seat f3 and reair, should have it in no time. BTW nastie_butler told me that so dont shout at me for doing it the wrong way
Yeah, this trick is well known...
78 repair points at sharqi... be the commander btw, so you can do your job and the repairs are showing off only at the end of the round, so nobody would cry during map for stat-padding....
https://bf3s.com/sigs/384f5f7318c23ecb5909f14b157d6d31e8b5a332.png

IRNV-Field 3... New School Shit...
elite
+89|6726|Sheffield, England
what, u can get repair points while being commander, i thought it didnt count if you was commander.
Paulos234
+0|6725

elite wrote:

what, u can get repair points while being commander, i thought it didnt count if you was commander.
My thoughts exactly
Eckzack
The east-german Fuxxer
+37|6857|Germany / Saxony

elite wrote:

It does not count to your commander score in this round, but all what you do while commander, so killing, cap flags and repairing is reportet to your stats and count in BFHQ...
https://bf3s.com/sigs/384f5f7318c23ecb5909f14b157d6d31e8b5a332.png

IRNV-Field 3... New School Shit...

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard