Poll

Would you play a mechwarrior mod for 2142???

Yes51%51% - 50
No30%30% - 30
wtf is mechwarrior?18%18% - 18
Total: 98
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6658

one of my favorites growing up, too bad didnt last too long

Last edited by GunSlinger OIF II (2006-12-24 19:49:58)

xWSxCriminalx
+40|6551

[TUF]Catbox wrote:

brome wrote:

xWSxCriminalx wrote:

I've been toying with the idea of starting up a mechwarrior type mod for 2142. Many features would be 20+ different battlemechs, air vehicles and exo-skeletons (elementals). Not sure if i want to even push forward since much depends on what the community wants. Just curious if you guys would even play something like that.
Well the very best of luck to you, but I think that the last team to have attempted something like this (for BF2) ran into a serious roadblock in the form of hardcoding.  I'm not quite sure exactly what the problem was, but it prevented them from using mechs.  They also ended up being shunned by EA and as a result by most of the community.  All morale was lost and they gave up.  They were trying to make a futuristic mod for BF2, and I suppose EA was protecting its interests because of the upcoming 2142, but since 2142 is essentially the same game repackaged, you may have similar difficulties.

$0.02
Cheers and good luck
The mod was Shattered Faith and their main guy, Scott Zier got a job at a game company...  The rest of the guys went to the First Strike mod(Starwars type)...    The problem they had was child pco's couldnt be added to a pco... i believe...   With 2142 you can do that now...
Yeah i was reading some about that in bfeditor forums, in addition there was another mod called MTS (Mech Tactical Simulator) that got "shut down" via EA/DICE.
JovesApples
+4|6467|USA
bring on a mechwarrior mod...

id like to see like 3 mechs per team, still a heavy squad focus because thats 1 thing mechwarrior does not have...

or maybe make the titan an Atlas mech or something
Avantek
Banned
+7|6362|New York
Pointless... Mechwarrior LOL
xWSxCriminalx
+40|6551
why pointless....the battletech universe is one of the most diverse and interesting universes. Mnay games have been spawned from this ranging from shooter through to strategy games. It was a sad day when they completly shut down Mechwarrior 4 after have 3 previous games that in their time were extremly succesfull and INOVATIVE! Dice sure as hell werent the first one to come up with a walking battle mech, and even in their code they call it a mech not a walker. so why would you think this be pointless to bring battletech action to a new engine?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard