Poll

Did you quit to play BF2 to play BF2142?

Only BF2142 now41%41% - 53
Still only BF229%29% - 38
Mixing, but 50%+ BF214212%12% - 16
Mixing, but 50%+ BF211%11% - 14
Playing other shooters now4%4% - 6
Total: 127
SineNomine
Panzerblitz
+37|6745|SPARTA
Hopefully not, but I am personally expiriencing (in my clan, friends, fellow students) that a high percentage of BF2-players is emigrating to other games. They are not even playing it from time to time, they totally stopped.
My best friend, once a fanatic and briliant helicopter pilot just quit playing from one day to the other! "No fun anymore" ....WTF? From one moment to the next?
Ok, I'm playing less, too, a time problem, (old studying vs. gaming) but I still love this game. I would never quit right now.
What a you thinking about that?
chuyskywalker
Admin
+2,439|6870|"Frisco"

I dropped BF2 for a while to move to 2142, then I got bored of the lag (network and graphics) and couldn't put up with the glitching, hacks, and first revision bugs that DICE had already put me through with BF2, so I'm not back to BF2. Let me tell you, it's quite refreshing to shoot and hit where I aim, and at the same time be able to move without twitching out every 2 seconds on some randomly normal shaped geometry.
Samtheman53
Banned
+346|6717|UK
2142 + Raven Shield FTW!
seymorebutts443
Ready for combat
+211|6617|Belchertown Massachusetts, USA
CoH, BF2 and BF2142, and a little IL2 Sturmovik FB to mix it up a bit.
Major.League.Infidel
Make Love and War
+303|6500|Communist Republic of CA, USA
I quit BF2 before 2142.
Polux
H@x ?? No, just skill baby !
+73|6669|I smell corners
After a month of 2142 if got back to bf2
millhous
+39|6659|OREEGONE, USA
I didn't quit BF2 immediatly when 2142 came out.  I thought I was close enough to making general so I stuck with BF2.  Unfortunatly, the rest of my clan didn't  stay so I gave up with 10k points and 62 hours to go.
Storgie
how about this thread for whiners
+15|6597|federal way washington

chuyskywalker wrote:

I dropped BF2 for a while to move to 2142, then I got bored of the lag (network and graphics) and couldn't put up with the glitching, hacks, and first revision bugs that DICE had already put me through with BF2, so I'm not back to BF2. Let me tell you, it's quite refreshing to shoot and hit where I aim, and at the same time be able to move without twitching out every 2 seconds on some randomly normal shaped geometry.
your not getting hackers and cheats in 2142????
Rubix-Cubes
+123|6678|UK
stoped playing all together, i mean i started on SOF, moved to MOH, then COD, was bf2 now 2142, just moved with the times i guess
INFERNO552
One shot wonder
+62|6462|canada

Storgie wrote:

chuyskywalker wrote:

not really, and theyres alot of things that ppl dont like in bf2 that isnt in 2142 like nade spamming and gaymore spamming
Entertayner
+826|6592

INFERNO552 wrote:

Storgie wrote:

chuyskywalker wrote:

not really, and theyres alot of things that ppl dont like in bf2 that isnt in 2142 like nade spamming and gaymore spamming
Oh there's gaymore spamming.. And nade spamming, in the karkand of the future, things are just as bad.
INFERNO552
One shot wonder
+62|6462|canada

Entertayner wrote:

INFERNO552 wrote:

Storgie wrote:

Oh there's gaymore spamming.. And nade spamming, in the karkand of the future, things are just as bad.
i dont think its as bad. for 1 thing you can tell when theres a nade near cause it makes that distinctive hissing noise. and the claymores... i dunno i didnt really mind them much in bf2, which is probably why i dont notice in 2142

Last edited by INFERNO552 (2006-12-24 19:38:12)

russ)=spetsnaz
Banned
+131|6478|the guy in the hind on gator
i  quiet bf2 forever....never played 2142
Avantek
Banned
+7|6370|New York
I play both BF2 for the M16 and AK-101 and Jet owning and BF2142 for the amazing teamwork and walkers and class building.
dontfeedthenerd
+38|6569
I play primarily as a sniper in 2142, I found it hard to jump back and forth between the 2 games without going through a small adjustment period each time.

I found myself compensating for sway in bf2.. which was interesting, because the harder I'd try to counteract the sway the more it would sway, before I realized there was no sway. A very neo like moment I tell you.
r'Eeee
That's how I roll, BITCH!
+311|6470

Only playing cod2 atm. I need to start playing bf2, havn't played it for ages!. I will finish my exmas 1st xD
tiptopT
+72|6604|Scotland's Capital
Medic!!!!!!!!!!
Dr_3V|L
+51|6747|Twente, The Netherlands
BF2 won't die, but more and more professional clans move to other games, especially when ET:QW/UT2K7/Team Fortress 2 are released. So the clanscene is absolutely getting smaller and smaller.
Although the number of public servers is shrinking, I don't believe BF2 will be over soon. Hell, the game is still in the top 5-10 of the most played games on Xfire.
']['error
Banned
+630|6666|The Netherlands
naaah, bf2 isnt dying, there are still people playing counterstrike 1.6.
sure people quit, but there will always will enough people to fill the servers
fierce
I love [fiSh]
+167|6590
Bought 2142 - tried it over several days, try it everytime when a new patch is released but don't like it and go back to BF2.

Dr_3V|L wrote:

BF2 won't die, but more and more professional clans move to other games, especially when ET:QW/UT2K7/Team Fortress 2 are released.
Yes, the BF2 Clanscene has gotten way smaller in the last weeks but only a handful teams moved to 2142. Regarding competition 2142 was never alive and is a total fiasco. It's only interesting for public gaming and it will  have a pretty short lifecycle compared to BF2.
straz_mataz
Banned
+86|6557|Edmonton Alberta
bought 2142 and liked it alot for about 2 months  until i got to general and had nothing more to look forward too

then i have gone back to bf2 and realized its 100x better

but for the last few days i have been playing rainbow six vegas/// game fuckin owns

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GjoXf05NPBo
link52787
+29|6544
I don't think the BF2 community is dying.  I only play 2142 because I'm already bored with BF2.  Its just that I am so use to 2142 that I can't go back to BF2.
gene_pool
Banned
+519|6643|Gold coast, Aus.

straz_mataz wrote:

bought 2142 and liked it alot for about 2 months  until i got to general and had nothing more to look forward too

then i have gone back to bf2 and realized its 100x better

but for the last few days i have been playing rainbow six vegas/// game fuckin owns

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GjoXf05NPBo
Same (other then the Vegas part)...I mean, why did they make ranks so easy to get? A bit over 200 hours and i was general....And i only had a SPM of around 2. However i have a SPM of 2.4 in BF2 and it took 1035 hours before i got to colonel....
>LOD<Dougalachi
Teh_Complainer
+85|6577|An Hour North of Indy
b2142 most of the time

Last edited by >LOD<Dougalachi (2006-12-25 16:36:10)

Zefar
+116|6671|Sweden
BF2142 ALL the time unless I'm playing Ragnarok Online or CSS. :3

I was going to go back to BF2 when I remember why I didn't wanna keep playing it.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard