Doctor Strangelove
Real Battlefield Veterinarian.
+1,758|6474
Best is Lambert. Worst is Zeller.
StormEye
Sniper
+50|6651|Malibu

thefousteph wrote:

I'm not arguing about Baur's acuracy but it's kick after you shot; you have to re-aim, wich makes quick shots difficult to do. I know it's a powerfull weapon!

You have All unlock? can you tell me your impression of the Koenig H-AVR and the SAAW 86 Anti-Air?

Id like to hear about them!

**thanks for your comments!
I am glad that you got something out of the comments that I have made earlier.

I am not exactly sure of how you like to deal with enemy vehicles so here is my GENERAL response when it comes to the Engineer Weapon Unlocks.

My personal Preference out of ALL the engineer weapons would be Pilum H-AVR (as you can even see from my signature down below). However, since you have given me a request to write out a comparison I shall give my opinion on both and you can be the one comparing my opinions on both. BTW, I am disregarding the items you get from the tree and writing purely about the weapons themselves.

Pilum H-AVR
Pros
1: It is THE MOST damaging Engineer Weapon in BF2142. Faster One Shot kill on tanks if struck on its rear (Normal Rocket can achieve this as well, but the vehicle will be on fire longer rather than exploding), and faster death for other vehicles as well.
2: There is no lock on warning for the vehicle that you are targeting, which is very handy if you know how to time our shots so that the round travels in the air while the driver is not aware of where the round is comming from.
3: It has the fastest traveling rounds out of all the Engineer weapons.
Con
You cannot guide the round after you fire it. This weapon is optimal for close~medium range vehicle hunting rather than a long range confrontation. However, if you play a style where you fire the round and quickly hide behind a cover, Pilum would be much better since you don't have to guide the round to the target. Once fired, you can forget about it and move on.

SAAW 86 Anti-Air
Pro
If you are annoyed with enemy air vehicles, this is probably the only mobile thing you have GOOD chance against it. I'm pretty sure people will be like "No. I can OWN you with other Engineer Weapon even if you are in Air Vehicle", for those people I would like to say that you should stop playing with the noobs and play with more skilled air pilots and they would just smoke you. Anyway, back to the topic, even though there is a nasty glitch of enemy air transports not being heat trackable, it is relatively reliable on locking on. Once locked on, you can fire 2 shells (just like the Fixed AA guns) that will DAMAGE the air vehicle that you are aiming at.
Cons
1: If not locked on, that goes with Non-locked on Air Vehicles AND gound vehicles (you can't lock onto them), the round will draw and very sharp arc downwards onto the ground not really doing anything... You can't even guide it...
2: Least damaging.
thefousteph
+8|6737
Thanks StormEye, great details!

Appreciated!

+1 for you!
Sebbmachine
+2|6669|Uddevalla, Sweden
I'd go with the Voss L-AR, great precicion and great damage..
StormEye
Sniper
+50|6651|Malibu

Sebbmachine wrote:

I'd go with the Voss L-AR, great precicion and great damage..
great damage... LoL
Zukabazuka
+23|6692
Those AA guns are good against air. So use them.

Pilum is great, love that it doesn't make a detection noise.
Doperwt.
Anouk, Slayers little bitch
+80|6400|Belgium

I would say unlock the new camo thinggy, it is great Someone was around because I heard the sound but I didn't see him. it is pretty funny to tho shoot at blanks and hit something
madmurre
I suspect something is amiss
+117|6716|Sweden
Pilum by far then in order Lambert, Clerk Shotgun, Voss the others are situational i understand people loving Baur but it does´nt suit me.
jsnipy
+3,276|6529|...

Although the Voss is a great weapon (and should be one of the first unlocks IMO), I think the Lambert is the #1 weapon that adds value to a class. Following up I would have to say the Pilum, then the Clark.
RDMC
Enemy Wheelbarrow Spotted..!!
+736|6571|Area 51

haffeysucks wrote:

Axon wrote:

Voss L-ar

10/10

Just great accuracy when shooting in bursts
& good damage
Extremely good weapon!

2) The Zeller-H, even though I can't use it because of scope problems (and the fact that I don't have it yet), I've picked it up and it seems to one-hit kill people.
It doesnt one-kill hit people, it just takes major damage, something like 79 per torso shot..but it only has 3 bullets per clip, making is quiet useless weapon IMO
psH
Banned
+217|6390|Sydney

RDMC(2) wrote:

haffeysucks wrote:

Axon wrote:

Voss L-ar

10/10

& good damage
Extremely good weapon!

2) The Zeller-H, even though I can't use it because of scope problems (and the fact that I don't have it yet), I've picked it up and it seems to one-hit kill people.
It doesnt one-kill hit people, it just takes major damage, something like 79 per torso shot..but it only has 3 bullets per clip, making is quiet useless weapon IMO
Yeah its useless, if you reload while standing on the roof. Move after you kill, that will make you less obvious.

SAAW AA = so crap its unbelivable, doesn't even lock on well.
Lambert = Good, but its stupid that an secondary SMG is more powerful, weak.
Voss = Are you kidding me? i had the lambert, and i came up behind a guy, he turned around and i went prone and sprayed his torso and head with shots, he stood there shooting after i had, fucking stupid, what retard made it so powerful? this is the flaw with 2142, assault seems like the best class, making recon look like a piece of crap, not to mention sniping, its easier to snipe with a friggin Shuko, its accuraccy and recoil is just retarded. I can't belive they made recno like a pice of shit.
[RU]Grmbl
+9|6500|Russia

RDMC(2) wrote:

haffeysucks wrote:

Axon wrote:

Voss L-ar

10/10

& good damage
Extremely good weapon!

LOL
What are you expecting - a sniper machinegun?

It's 3 bullets per clip, 9 clips (if I recall correctly) = 27 kills in ideal situation. And you can always get more from support/drop.
Just always aim for the head (except if target is really far away - scope really sucks compared to good old L96A1).

Read sniper guides from BF2. Although there is no guille suit in 2142, sniping tactics and tricks are the same (select least obvious place, always try to find cover which will break your outline, always try to find cover with something darker than you behind, try to move after couple of successfull kills).

Doms wrote:

Yeah its useless, if you reload while standing on the roof. Move after you kill, that will make you less obvious.

SAAW AA = so crap its unbelivable, doesn't even lock on well.
Lambert = Good, but its stupid that an secondary SMG is more powerful, weak.
Voss = Are you kidding me? i had the lambert, and i came up behind a guy, he turned around and i went prone and sprayed his torso and head with shots, he stood there shooting after i had, fucking stupid, what retard made it so powerful? this is the flaw with 2142, assault seems like the best class, making recon look like a piece of crap, not to mention sniping, its easier to snipe with a friggin Shuko, its accuraccy and recoil is just retarded. I can't belive they made recno like a pice of shit.
It seems that you have some kind of a problem. People get killed by Lambert just a tad longer than by Voss. ALWAYS aim for the head. Fire in 3-4 shots bursts (or even in single shots, if you have proper (for the head!) aiming skillz).

P.S. One of my favorite sniping spots is on the Titan itself (yours or enemy's), when the shields went down. If there is a silo in 250 meter radius - you own that silo. And nobody really ever noticed me shooting from the Titan.
psH
Banned
+217|6390|Sydney

[RU]Grmbl wrote:

It seems that you have some kind of a problem. People get killed by Lambert just a tad longer than by Voss. ALWAYS aim for the head. Fire in 3-4 shots bursts (or even in single shots, if you have proper (for the head!) aiming skillz).
Yeah great strategy, for when they are looking at your head and not shooting.
BabySpinach
Phone Spammer
+207|6597|Charlottesville, Virginia, USA

Doms wrote:

i went prone
FAIL.
p34cekeeper
+16|6341|Dundee, Scotland
Started with the Baur, and could outshoot snipers with the basic EU rifle. Wish I'd taken the Voss first though, maybe my KDR would be better now as a result. Voss>All

Except maybe the Krylov, never have I seen a better basic weapon, it is truly supreme.

The Zeller is for headshots, nothing more. If you cant get the headshots or identify players on low health, dont use it. At first i thought the 3 round mag was useless (you're basically throwing away a round every mag if you need shots fast) but later on I realised that combined with good positioning and a zoom capable scope it is the mother of sniping weapons. That said, on maps like Gibraltar/Tunis you can hardly see 60ft in front of you so its a bit less useful.

As for the Shuko....closest thing iv ever seen to a ranged chainsaw...

Last edited by p34cekeeper (2006-12-23 14:25:59)

{TL}SHARPSHOOTER
Vacuum Sealed for Freshness
+26|6751|The Island of Carls Jr.
Well my list gows: Voss L-AR, Baur H-AR, Pillum H-AVR, And (as of the latest patch) possibly the Ganz HMG.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard