BlackLegion42
Damn Command and Conquer Generals...
+62|6701|Rochester, NY
I want to overclock my computer processor. I don't want to wreck my BIOS (since it was a store brought machine and I often recover my PC with the company's CDs from crashes with VMWare) nor tamper at the moment with jumpers (Can't afford for any mistakes) and suggestions for overclocking my processor with doing the two most common ways for overclocking???

My Processor: AMD Athlon 64 3400+ 2.393 Ghz (Should be 2.4 Ghz)

Motherboard: MSI MS480IL 754 Socket

3400+ not 2400+

Last edited by BlackLegion42 (2005-12-27 13:49:47)

InnerMonkey
+62|6689
I don't know how much you already know about overclocking, but generally, it's too much info to go into on a BF forum.  Google something like "AMD overclocking guide" and you'll get tons of info.

Also, I'm not familiar with your motherboard.  A little looking turned up a RS480M-IL model board, which doesn't look to be a good overclocker at all.  Get your exact model number and hit google ("model + overclocking" should work).

The gist of it, is that you'll probably want to do a FSB overclock.  You can use software to do this if you really don't want to muck around in the BIOS, although most folks, including me, would recommend the latter.  The guides will quickly point you in the right direction.
broncobullfrog
Extra Tender Juicy SPINY
+58|6722|The 70's
I have an MSI motherboard too, and mine has a BIOS feature called Dynamic Overclocking. This is a much safer way to OC, as it means the processor runs at its normal speed most of the time, but when needed the overclocking kicks in, its like extra headroom but much less stressful on the cpu. I have my P4 3.2 overclocked 5% in this way, the options range from 2% to 10%. I suggest you go to the MSI site and check whether your mobo has this feature. And if it does, go easy, oc in small steps and thouroughly stresstest. Any probs like crashes or freezes then dial it back to a stable level. And remember, there is still always some risk in OC'ing.
-_{MoW}_-Assasin
+13|6699|Australia
Overclocking eh?

Come my friend, we shall teach you much at the www.ocforums.com

Look for me
Ask around
You will learn everything that there is to know
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6687
yes try pming assasin or check out the OCforums, remember do a little at a time not 2ghz at a time lol
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
-_{MoW}_-Assasin
+13|6699|Australia
do you know whether its a Clawhammer or Newcastle core?

Last edited by -_{MoW}_-Assasin (2005-12-30 21:56:56)

-_{MoW}_-Assasin
+13|6699|Australia
actually dw, its a 2.4ghz 3400+ socket 754, so its a Newcastle

Its default voltage is 1.5v and its a 0.13nm processor

Mayby try for 2.5ghz, but newcastles are a bit outdated and dont really clock that far

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard