The_Shipbuilder
Stay the corpse
+261|6501|Los Angeles
(this is a copy of an identical thread on the BF2 forum, for those who don't read it)

Personally I am not an xfire power user - I don't mess with nor honestly do I know about all the extra features, I just use it to chat in-game.

I was just running a disk defragger when I happened to glance at it and see that it said "moving E:\Xfire\downloads\BF2_Patch_1.41.exe".

Apparently, default settings on xfire are to download patches for any games you have. If you take care of your own patching and need some extra disc space, you can head to the download subdir in your xfire directory and kill all the patches in there. Be sure to quit out of xfire before you do or else you get sharing violations. And when you start xfire back up, go to tools > options > files and disable auto-downloading of patches.

This freed up almost a gig of space for me, and I only had BF2, 2142, and COH installed.
Mouse315
Bash.org Junkie
+105|6521
Disabling auto download was the first thing I did when I installed xfire.
Samtheman53
Banned
+346|6696|UK

Mouse315 wrote:

Disabling auto download was the firt thing I did when I installed xfire.
Ditto

Also if it ws dling a patch automatically i think u wud notice? slower internet, higher ping etc.!!

Last edited by Samtheman53 (2006-12-22 12:55:29)

Mouse315
Bash.org Junkie
+105|6521

Samtheman53 wrote:

Mouse315 wrote:

Disabling auto download was the firt thing I did when I installed xfire.
Ditto

Also if it ws dling a patch automatically i think u wud notice? slower internet, higher ping etc.!!
No, it defaults to not download stuff when you are playing games, which is pretty smart.
I just figured I'd do it myself, because there are some patches that aren't worth having... like 1.3/1.4
Pfc. Leemus
Ownerer via the strategic use of bullets
+20|6609|N.S.W, Australia
I never had to turn off auto download. it was always off for me.
Unless someone else did it for me?
r'Eeee
That's how I roll, BITCH!
+311|6449

616kb in that folder xD

Last edited by rabee2789b (2006-12-23 05:10:59)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard