Jasp
Bongabilla
+171|6632|The Outer Circle

1927 wrote:

Our version in the UK is City Link, they know we close for dinner between 1-2 yet still try delivering, ourselves and our suppliers who use City Link have told them this in writing.  I dont get the good I need for work, next day they try same time then dont even bother to tell us or the people I purchase off that I need to now go and collect.

When you do go to collect you have to wait 20 mins before some shit comes to ask if your being seen to.  Seems like were being seen to well and truly if you ask me.

In the UK a lot of couriers have slapped an £18 fuel sur-charge due to fuel increases even though fuel prices have dipped recentley, so for eg,  £14.99 usual cost, now with an added £18 on top.  Double that for $ dollar's.

http://www.city-link.co.uk/images/_cl/c … _image.jpg  << Bandits
My old firm in the UK used FedEx... But we found BusinessPost much better, same as ANC also.

Also, if you're the one sending, check the local couriers, they usually do same-day, next-day nationwide (usually part of ANC)
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/11882/holteendersig2.jpghttps://forums.bf2s.com/img/avatars/11508.gif
JaggedPanther
+61|6444
This Thread Delivers
Ender2309
has joined the GOP
+470|6541|USA

ups wrote:

Tracking Detail         | Help  help

Your package is on time with a scheduled delivery date of 12/21/2006.

Tracking Number:     1Z 04W F35 12 9506 125 5     
Type:     Package     
Scheduled Delivery:     12/21/2006     
Shipped to:     FRESNO, CA, US     
Shipped or Billed on:     12/18/2006     
Service Type:     3 DAY SELECT     
Weight:     8.00 Lbs     

Package Progress
Location     Date     Local Time     Description
OAKLAND,
CA,  US     12/21/2006     6:25 A.M.     ARRIVAL SCAN
LOUISVILLE,
KY,  US     12/19/2006     2:03 P.M.     DEPARTURE SCAN
    12/19/2006     6:11 A.M.     ARRIVAL SCAN
MEMPHIS,
TN,  US     12/18/2006     10:42 P.M.     DEPARTURE SCAN
    12/18/2006     7:07 P.M.     ORIGIN SCAN
US     12/18/2006     4:15 P.M.     BILLING INFORMATION RECEIVED

Tracking results provided by UPS:  12/21/2006 9:27 P.M.  EST (USA)
oakland is a fucking 3 hour drive at best from where i live. ups= definate shit.

edit: added quotes.

Last edited by Ender2309 (2006-12-21 18:30:33)

Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6571|132 and Bush

They probably missed a scan. It says it's still on time, lol

It's only 6:30 ish there right?.. This time of year the end of delivering after 9 PM. You gotta think it's only a couple days before Christmas.

Last edited by Kmarion (2006-12-21 18:38:50)

Xbone Stormsurgezz
Ender2309
has joined the GOP
+470|6541|USA

Kmarion wrote:

It's only 6:30 ish there right?.. This time of year the end of delivering after 9 PM. You gotta think it's only a couple days before Christmas.
ah. i thought it was seven.

but further elaborate on missing a scan. after all, you are the expert.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6571|132 and Bush

Ender2309 wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

No, they cant do pickups after 7 but this time of year all of them are out late, including the other couriers (Fedex..etc). I didn't see any exceptions which is good. If it got missed or left in building it would have had an exepction scan on it. So I think you will get it soon... may be a bit later tonight though .
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Ender2309
has joined the GOP
+470|6541|USA

Kmarion wrote:

Ender2309 wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

No, they cant do pickups after 7 but this time of year all of them are out late, including the other couriers (Fedex..etc). I didn't see any exceptions which is good. If it got missed or left in building it would have had an exepction scan on it. So I think you will get it soon... may be a bit later tonight though .
ah. it better be no later than tommorow, otherwise i wont be able to build my system!
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6571|132 and Bush

Ender2309 wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

Ender2309 wrote:

ah. it better be no later than tommorow, otherwise i wont be able to build my system!
Doh! PM me your email and and can have the site email you if for some reason it wont get there today. (If an exception occurs).
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Ender2309
has joined the GOP
+470|6541|USA

Kmarion wrote:

Ender2309 wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

Doh! PM me your email and and can have the site email you if for some reason it wont get there today. (If an exception occurs).
Rescheduled Delivery:     12/22/2006     

Package Progress
OAKLAND,
CA,  US     12/21/2006     8:34 P.M.     DEPARTURE SCAN
    12/21/2006     6:25 A.M.     ARRIVAL SCAN
LOUISVILLE,
MEMPHIS,

since they had to reschedule, therefore making it not three day select, who do i moan to get back the difference?
(seeing as three day costs virtually no more than overnight, and the difference is just greediness, i think i deserve this money back.)
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6571|132 and Bush

Ender2309 wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

Ender2309 wrote:

Package Progress
OAKLAND,
LOUISVILLE,
MEMPHIS,

since they had to reschedule, therefore making it not three day select, who do i moan to get back the difference?
(seeing as three day costs virtually no more than overnight, and the difference is just greediness, i think i deserve this money back.)
You can try but if it's due to weather most likely not. If you call the vendor you may though.
The number is 1-800-pick-ups I agree though, I would expect the difference back.

Last edited by Kmarion (2006-12-21 22:03:33)

Xbone Stormsurgezz
Ender2309
has joined the GOP
+470|6541|USA

Kmarion wrote:

Ender2309 wrote:

Kmarion wrote:

Package Progress
OAKLAND,
LOUISVILLE,
MEMPHIS,

You can try but if it's due to weather most likely not. If you call the vendor you may though.
The number is 1-800-pick-ups I agree though, I would expect the difference back.
ty. ty very much.
beerface702
+65|6663|las vegas
i prefer fedex over ups, but they both are about the same honestly. actually ups is usally a bit faster then fedex, but ups quality  control sucks the big one, many times have i had a box come damaged
Ender2309
has joined the GOP
+470|6541|USA

beerface702 wrote:

i prefer fedex over ups, but they both are about the same honestly. actually ups is usally a bit faster then fedex, but ups quality  control sucks the big one, many times have i had a box come damaged
my shit looks good from the outside, and i've been pressuring my mom to open the shipping box and check my PC parts and make sure they're fine, but she wont let me do it myself because its my christmas gift.

kmarion, its in my hometown now, out for delivery. thanks.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6571|132 and Bush

I'm glad to hear that. This probably had something to do with it.

THE GREAT CHRISTMAS STANDSTILL
http://apnews.myway.com/article/20061222/D8M5SED80.html (the Storms)

Last edited by Kmarion (2006-12-22 11:20:20)

Xbone Stormsurgezz
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6614
I had a package from UPS that was supposed to get here on a friday. friday came and I was home all day and nothing and then i go the door and see UPS note saying occupants have moved.  WTF,  didnt even knock the door or ring the bell.
CoronadoSEAL
pics or it didn't happen
+207|6489|USA

stryyker wrote:

DHL
you would
Krauser98
Extra Green Please!
+53|6800|USA! USA! USA!
I haven't ever had any problems with any delivery company...  Other than this one UPS lady in town seems to think she can park her truck wherever she wants...  (i.e. middle of the road so that neither lane can get by or in my yard)  It always seems like the tracking info updates like two days after I get my package and is never close to real time.

Hand Carry FTW!
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6571|132 and Bush

Krauser98 wrote:

It always seems like the tracking info updates like two days after I get my package and is never close to real time.
Not likely..lol
The Diad that you sign on (or if he driver releases) transmits as soon as it is complete. Usually within 15 minutes you can see it online. As far as technology UPS is the most advanced. The board is not just for signing. It tells the driver not only how many packages he has today but also how many stops, where they are located, how to deliver them (Front door,backdoor,etc), the fastest order to go to the stops (based on time studies), where they are located in the truck, and how many are there for each stop. Everything is now streamlined for the moment you ship. For the most part supervisors do not even have to dispatch anymore. Computers can see the night before how many packages and where they need to be delivered to and add or remove the amount of drivers that building needs. If one driver is too heavy it moves it to the nearest driver automatically. Non of the other competitors have this kind of Tech. I know it doesnt mean much to the customer who just want's their shit, but this is how UPS had been "Big Brown" for over a hundred years.

Last edited by Kmarion (2006-12-22 11:56:40)

Xbone Stormsurgezz
Krauser98
Extra Green Please!
+53|6800|USA! USA! USA!
hahah.  I think I might have been exagerating a bit...  Mostly I'm impatient and sit there at the computer hitting refresh over and over and over starting from the moment I order something and get the tracking number.  Then I get bored after about 12 hours and go do something else...  Then I forget about it.  THen I find a wet package on my back door that's been there for three days and I check the tracking info online again, because I think it's cool.

Random idea: RSS feed / email updates when status changes?  Then I wouldn't have to sit and hit refresh.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6571|132 and Bush

Krauser98 wrote:

hahah.  I think I might have been exagerating a bit...  Mostly I'm impatient and sit there at the computer hitting refresh over and over and over starting from the moment I order something and get the tracking number.  Then I get bored after about 12 hours and go do something else...  Then I forget about it.  THen I find a wet package on my back door that's been there for three days and I check the tracking info online again, because I think it's cool.

Random idea: RSS feed / email updates when status changes?  Then I wouldn't have to sit and hit refresh.
You can get emails when anything changes or if it was delivered .
You just have to register at UPS.com . At the bottom when you track a package you see this

Get Notified: Quantum View NotifySM
Log in or register to e-mail this page to up to three recipients. UPS can also notify you via e-mail when this shipment is delivered or if an exception occurs.
Register

It will send emails automatically.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Krauser98
Extra Green Please!
+53|6800|USA! USA! USA!
Right.  I knew that.  Can I get a girl like this to deliver it?

Seriously though, I wish I could watch my packages being delivered via Google Earth.  I would probably just sit and watch them move down the road and then stare at the warehouse until it moves again the next day.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6571|132 and Bush

Close. Some Diads have gps's on them also so the supervisors can see them move. If everyone could see it though the drivers would have a hard time doing their job. Everyone would be chasing them down the road..lol
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Sgt.Davi
Touches Himself At Night.
+300|6614|England
Relating to the incidents that you have said I habe a similar one.  I used Parcelforce back in the spring and it was the date it was due to deliver (according to the order tracking) and so my mum and I waited all day and it wasnt there by 6pm.

So I checked out on the doorstep and there was a "you weren't in note"

We were pretty pissed off as we had not left the house at all and the lazy cheek just couldn't be arsed to ring the doorbell. I mean the cars in the driveway and the TV was blaring, wtf!!!

Last edited by Sgt.Davi (2006-12-22 13:24:08)

Krauser98
Extra Green Please!
+53|6800|USA! USA! USA!

Sgt.Davi wrote:

.... and the TV was blaring, wtf!!!
Could be a clue Watson!
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6571|132 and Bush

It's always good to leave a note on the door if you are expecting it. If it doesn't need a signature tell the driver to leave it.
Xbone Stormsurgezz

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard