Poll

Will History repeat itself?

Yes.45%45% - 23
No.21%21% - 11
And the Standard - Go Fuck yourself!33%33% - 17
Total: 51
13rin
+977|6480
I stood in line for four hours. They better give me a Wal-Mart gift card, or something.  - Rodney Booker, Job Fair attendee.
Stormscythe
Aiming for the head
+88|6550|EUtopia | Austria
I don't think this is funny.

Btw: NO. History won't repeat itself, there may be similar events and happenings in the future, but not that similar that you could define them as even comparing to WW2.

And calling these two guys madmen, well, I think they both have been/are very well aware of what they have been/are doing.
kr@cker
Bringin' Sexy Back!
+581|6550|Southeastern USA
good find, who made it?
oug
Calmer than you are.
+380|6520|Πάϊ
I don't see anyone complaining about the utter stupidity with which Ahmadinejad is compared to Hitler... (Fancy where are you now...)
ƒ³
spray_and_pray
+52|6492|Perth. Western Australia
Nice find +1
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6530|Global Command

oug wrote:

I don't see anyone complaining about the utter stupidity with which Ahmadinejad is compared to Hitler... (Fancy where are you now...)
Do you mean how its stupid to compare the two?

I think its stupid that people percieve Imadinerjacket as the voice of Iran.
The Ayatollas aprove in advance any posistion he takes.
JON.ANTONSSON
+51|6693|Sweden

Stormscythe wrote:

Btw: NO. History won't repeat itself, there may be similar events and happenings in the future, but not that similar that you could define them as even comparing to WW2.

And calling these two guys madmen, well, I think they both have been/are very well aware of what they have been/are doing.
No you cant compare anything with WW2; it will get 100 times worse than that in the future.
Dr_3V|L
+51|6726|Twente, The Netherlands
Yes, history always repeats itself, it's proven. But I don't think Iran will go and throw around their nuclear stuff.
Gawwad
My way or Haddaway!
+212|6686|Espoo, Finland
One thing in history will repeat it self until our specis is extingt: People will kill people.

Great vid by the way! Laughed my ass off
-=raska=-
Canada's French Frog
+123|6627|Quebec city, Canada
I like it, why not give a little +1 ?

*cough* and maybe get karma back *cough*
lxcpikiman
imbad @ bf2
+70|6596|Toronto-Canada
it's funny
Mong0ose
Will it blend?
+24|6487|UK
With Bush in the driver seat - it's surely a foregon conclusion
KillingUrDoodz
Banned
+2|6339
Hooray for fearmongering!
Turquoise
O Canada
+1,596|6406|North Carolina
That clip was mildly humorous, but it fails to mention that Ahmadinejad has just been neutered by the recent election.  He's a lame duck.

Still, I think a few surgical strikes and assassination plots would affect Iran better than a full scale invasion.

We'd need to amass a reformist militia to overthrow the Ayatollah and the Guardian Council in order for an invasion to work.  This would involve destroying several key military targets and being prepared to fight a few extremist militias.

After all of that, the reformists would likely hold enough power to suppress the Islamist extremists.  If Khatami entered power again, things would be much more stable in the region.
Poseidon
Fudgepack DeQueef
+3,253|6539|Long Island, New York
Great video. So true, as well. History DOES repeat itself in ways.
ToiletTrooper
+25|6776|WC
very funny
Major_Spittle
Banned
+276|6656|United States of America
I feel safer knowing that papers are being signed by people in different places. That and UN resolutions are what is keeping the peace in the world.
IRONCHEF
+385|6492|Northern California
lol, not even remotely in the same proximity as hitler/chamberlin.  keep dreaming up more craziness.

Yes, this coming from the guy accused of wearing a tinfoil hat.

Now, if the ayatollah was making the claims and threats that amedinejad was making..then you'd have something.  But still, hitler didn't announce the things he was going to do which is the behavior of a real madman who will actually do things.  announcing them like amedinejad means NOTHING.  if he wanted to wipe israel off the face of the earth, he'd have done it already..not test the polling waters like he did..and failed..like our president does.
Bell
Frosties > Cornflakes
+362|6550|UK

JON.ANTONSSON wrote:

Stormscythe wrote:

No you cant compare anything with WW2; it will get 100 times worse than that in the future.
WW3 will be one KABOOM and end of.

Martyn
beerface702
+65|6694|las vegas
of course it has been since the dawn of civilized man

why would it stop in our life times?
oug
Calmer than you are.
+380|6520|Πάϊ

ATG wrote:

oug wrote:

Do you mean how its stupid to compare the two?

I think its stupid that people percieve Imadinerjacket as the voice of Iran.
The Ayatollas aprove in advance any posistion he takes.
I mean that everyone lately is trying to portray Ahdonthaveadinerjacket as the next Hitler in order to gain public support for their future strike against Iran which is stupid beyond belief.

And as far as the Ayatollahs go, I guess you could say the same about everyone really... aren't Bush's decisions bound by certain companies' interests? The latter is not really a question...
ƒ³
henno13
A generally unremarkable member
+230|6349|Belfast
lol
BVC
+325|6696
Got a LOL out of me, +1!
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6773|PNW

Spearhead wrote:

This thread belongs in junk drawer, there is hardly anything serious about that youtube vid at all.
It's somewhat relevant to what is discussed in DST. I chuckled at it and honestly, if it was in the junk drawer, I wouldn't have heard of it at all.
13rin
+977|6480

unnamednewbie13 wrote:

Spearhead wrote:

This thread belongs in junk drawer, there is hardly anything serious about that youtube vid at all.
It's somewhat relevant to what is discussed in DST. I chuckled at it and honestly, if it was in the junk drawer, I wouldn't have heard of it at all.
It's all good.  I expect this from the opposition.  IMO I think all of their posts should be in the junk drawer.

thus far..

22- think were are going to war with Iran

9- don't

&

16-  are 12 years olds, or those that hate me too much to answer my question.

Last edited by DBBrinson1 (2006-12-22 22:15:40)

I stood in line for four hours. They better give me a Wal-Mart gift card, or something.  - Rodney Booker, Job Fair attendee.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard