polarbearz
Raiders of the Lost Bear
+-1,474|6814|Singapore

Sorry to be such a wet blanket but how hard is it to shoot the BH's guns..
tthf
Member 5307
+210|6783|06-01
i am a decent heli gunner, as long as my pilot is halfway decent, (not crashing upon takeoff or hovering over enemy AA) i will stay and fight it out until we get shot out of the sky.
prettybird
+10|6750
i'm good at flying and co piloting but its hard to find some1 else who can do one or the other. and when i meet that person, i never play with them again. some have xfire but they're in clans so they're always flying with clanmates and i dont wanna interfere with that. others have xfire but r never on it which makes the hard ass process of finding a good gunner or pilot start all over again. my xfire is prettybird if anyone needs a good co pilot or pilot
deject
Got His War On
+37|6799|Golden, CO
what I hate are pilots that won't help the gunner get off a decent shot.  I don't know how many times I could have  been dominating as a gunner if the pilots weren't all trying to strafe a stupid APC and throwing off my aim at everything else.
{HMS}_Sir_Del_Boy
+69|6734|th3 unkn0wn

polarbearz wrote:

Sorry to be such a wet blanket but how hard is it to shoot the BH's guns..
Believe me such people exist. They can't fire the BH gun's for shit. When I fly I always try to give both gunners each an equal amount of action cos I believe in fairness but there are those days when one of them should be booted out his seat without a parachute. Too bad there isn't an ejector option on them BHs
GearBox^XL
+0|6791|Mesa, AZ
I know this is a lame question but what do you use to get such acurate tv shots to hit? I am faily new to co-piloting and use the mic and try to help the pilot as best I can but for some reason I can only navigate a tv with very little precision like 50/50 chance of hitting the target. What am I doing wrong here. I can mow down infantry just fine, spot targets, and generally do well for the pilot, but I dont seem to have that control and manueverability with the tv that it seems other guys do. Anyone got any tips on it?
Help me not to be the guy you are all complaining about.

Last edited by GearBox^XL (2005-12-30 11:15:53)

polarbearz
Raiders of the Lost Bear
+-1,474|6814|Singapore

You don't click like a wild animal, use smart, well placed clicks to slowly change directions. Stick to a particular approach, don't click wildly.
KrazyEyezKillaz
+0|6742
Explain this to me.  I was playing oman last night and i jump in a heli as the gunner.  The driver says get out so I look around and think oh maybe one of his buddy's wants to ride with him.... No ones around... He keeps telling me to get out so I ask... why? He says he does both, the gunner and flies the heli.  he proceeds to keep asking me to get out and then tells me he will fly into the water.  This guy was such a jack ass.  How could this guy operate both seats in the heli by himseelf????

Please explain..
polarbearz
Raiders of the Lost Bear
+-1,474|6814|Singapore

Because he wants to solo gun? I do that nowadays once my gunner misses 4+ WELL LINED UP TV missile shots. I just go to the closes out of bound zones and get him killed, lock myself in a squad and own.

I sound like an asshole? Sure. Nothing's more frustrating then giving a gunner a COMPLETELY level shot and have him miss 3-4 times. And I didn't know you can overheat the MEC chopper cannon. And I didn't know you can MISS infantry with that cannon.
Renagade Warrior
+0|6790|U.K

freebirdpat wrote:

I love to gun, in the bomber, BH, or attack chopper(I prefer the Mi-28, pow pow pow).

Half the time the pilots are stupid, like blackhawk pilots that try and cap flags.... lets see... hover over a flag and ask to be shot at... I am great with the gun, but I can't kill a tank with it. or if something is behind us, or if some sniper decides to put one between the pilots eyes.

And the pilots that don't communicate to you to be to in tv guided. Most of the time I spend in the gun look for threats left and right. I can't pay attention to whats ahead all the time. My favorite is when its 64 player server you go flying over and the gun just annilates an entire line of troops.

The other problem is bomber pilots flying to fast or not lining you up for shots, or then complaining about stealing their bomb kills.

I love the blackhawk though, I can lay down a line of fire that is surgical. Friendlys can be 10m away and I won't even damage them.
Whats even more annoying is when i'm gunner in an attack heli and the pilot tries to cap flags..........
_oO.WasTeD.TimE.Oo_
+-1|6749|England

Renagade Warrior wrote:

Whats even more annoying is when i'm gunner in an attack heli and the pilot tries to cap flags..........
i'll cap a flag or two in a heli, before so, i make sure the area's clear then drop my co-pilot off and cover him. half the time though co-pilots live in fear of ejecting incase the heli's fly off rather than getting out and contributing to the team.
Charmin
+1|6718
had a really good experience with some team in Mashtur city, i flew the black hawk, knowing the gunners need an angle to fire more effectlive so i gave it to them, had a mechanic and a medic on board and we were up there the whole game, I received 72 points for assist kills!!!

But then i be gunner some other time and this pilot tries to capture CP's with the blackhawk!!! I told him a millionbazillion times, go go go, enemy's spotted, hostile armor. But NO, he remained where he was and we got shot down twice. I told him to let me fly, but he wouldnt.

Also, you dont fly a blackhawk for any other reason then to drop personel, or provide sniper cover. You dont go low, but high, you dont fly over target area's, you fly around  them to give your gunner maximum oppertunity.
And if you do spot an enemy heli, please please please turn you heli so that your gunner can take aim, and if his gun overheates turn 90degrees the other way. thank you
randomfire1977
+1|6758|Florida
if his gun overheats make a 180 degree turn so the other gun can fire at the helo.
xX[Elangbam]Xx
+107|6723
co-pilots or even pilots can be a pain in the ass. aBOUT a month ago i was playing on gulf of oman and we were on the carrier. i was the co pilots and this moron piloting blows up the harriers and black hawks and people on it (i jump out when i notice him shooting at the super cobra or w/e, o we were in a harrier as well)
it pissed me off that i couldn't do nething about it cuz i didn't want to bring the team kills on me as well
xX[Elangbam]Xx
+107|6723
co-pilots or even pilots can be a pain in the ass. aBOUT a month ago i was playing on gulf of oman and we were on the carrier. i was the co pilots and this moron piloting blows up the harriers and black hawks and people on it (i jump out when i notice him shooting at the super cobra or w/e, o we were in a harrier as well)
it pissed me off that i couldn't do nething about it cuz i didn't want to bring the team kills on me as well

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard