No21%21% - 27
X-Files FTW16%16% - 21
Total: 128
weamo8
+50|6450|USA

ShotYourSix wrote:

weamo8 wrote:

If God had a reason for it I guess.

If there is no God, then there is no way.  The odds of spontaneous life ever reaching intelligent life are so miniscule by macro-evolutionary standards, that it is almost technically impossible.  If there is no God, we are the only intelligent life in the universe, and we are way more special than we could ever imagine.
Trust me, we're not that special. 

But your logic seems pretty convoluted. So it could happen once but ONLY once?  Gimme a freakin break.  Given the billion billions of possible habitable planets, it's "almost technically impossible" for there NOT to be other intelligent life....

As far as god goes:

Odds of no other intelligent life existing elsewhere in the universe:  1 / 1,000,000,000
Odds of god being a myth: 50 / 50

No.  I personally dont believe it could even happen once without God's influence.  Think about the difference between a single celled protien, and us.  It took millions of incredibly significant, and incredibly lucky mutations for us to become who we are.  I dont believe it is ridiculous to say that if you believe that macro-evolution is possible, you believe that an X-men like situation in the future is not only feasable, but inevitable.

I would like to have met that one lucky monkey that had its brain mutated it accomplish truly intelligent thought.  The monkey that paved the way for us.  That monkey sired children with an unintelligent monkey to bring the potential human race about.  Effectively, that original mutated monkey was twice as intelligent as any of us.  We only got half its genes.  That was one brilliant fucking monkey.

And if these bastards are flying around in ufos, I can guarantee you that they dont see us as intelligent life.  We problably look like single-celled proteins to them.  They must have gone through a lot more lucky-monkey type mutations to get the brains (or brain-like thinking utensils) they must have going for them.
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6779|PNW

Unidentified Flying Objects, by definition of the term, do exist. It doesn't necessarily have to do with aliens. We haven't identified everything in the universe yet...
eagles1106
+269|6591|Marlton, New Jersey.
Technically, everybody should think UFO's exist because UFO stands for unidentified flying object, and not everyone can identify every object they see in the sky.  The question should be whether or not we believe in extraterrestrials using things like ships, etc.

Yes, I do believe in Extraterrestrials and UFO'S.
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6651
swamp gas
S3v3N
lolwut?
+685|6526|Montucky

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

swamp gas
Weather Balloons aswell.
Macca
Cylons' my kinda frak
+72|6453|Australia.
Crop Circles = L.o.s.

UFO's = Likely.

"Aliens" = Likely.

Send them an outline of our anatomy on the Pioneer 10 and 11 so they can find our weakness and destroy us all = Probable.
Locoloki
I got Mug 222 at Gritty's!!!!
+216|6647|Your moms bedroom
I voted NO
I sincerely doubt there are alien flying ships anywhere on this planet, does the military have top secret planes they dont want us to know about... yes you can bet your ass on that.
twiistaaa
+87|6676|mexico
to reiterate, just because there are good odds for life on other planets. it doesnt mean anything on the odds of extraterrestrial UFO's which i think would be extremely low.
Obiwan
Go Cards !!
+196|6702|The Ville
A Ufo can be anything unidentified, so I say yes. It doesn't have to be an alien space ship just something that the mind can't comprehend on what that givin flying object is would be considered a UfO
T0rr3nt
+54|6584|Michigan

twiistaaa wrote:

T0rr3nt wrote:

drakes equation.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drake_Equation
doesnt really say much about UFO's..?

how about this badboy?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rare_Earth_hypothesis
no but it gives rise to possible intelligent beings in the universe, which in turn, could produce technologies far beyond our greatest imagination.(ie ufos)
Nessie09
I "fix" things
+107|6677|The Netherlands
It wouldn't be likely that we're the only ones. Even if it's not intelligent, there's got to be something out  there.
ElMorte[OwP]
Expert Opportunity Misser
+9|6564|Bikini Bottom Germany
https://www.zamandayolculuk.com/cetinbal/Vril7.jpg

The nazis build them.
Fenris_GreyClaw
Real Хорошо
+826|6527|Adelaide, South Australia

eagles1106 wrote:

Technically, everybody should think UFO's exist because UFO stands for unidentified flying object, and not everyone can identify every object they see in the sky.
Thats the point of this poll. Anyone who voted 'no' mustn't look up very often.
Knifey McStabstab
Don't lock my topic!
+32|6516|Indiana
Also, not specifically about UFOs but aliens, think about the traits of human evotution: smaller jaw, larger cranium, smaller brow ridges, flatter face.

https://img244.imageshack.us/img244/6803/image002ug9.th.jpg

Sound familiar?

Last edited by Knifey McStabstab (2006-12-21 02:33:26)

twiistaaa
+87|6676|mexico

Fenris_GreyClaw wrote:

eagles1106 wrote:

Technically, everybody should think UFO's exist because UFO stands for unidentified flying object, and not everyone can identify every object they see in the sky.
Thats the point of this poll. Anyone who voted 'no' mustn't look up very often.
i think its called taking it to literally. or being a stickler.
Jenkinsbball
Banned
+149|6555|USA bitches!

ATG wrote:

King_County_Downy wrote:

Yes, I believe in aliens. I actually think we're an experiment by them. How else can you explain our aquatic skin when we're also so closely related geneticly to the Bonobo Chimp? I think we are a cross between Bonobo and a dolphin. Dolphins have 5 fingers and 5 toes so I think they'd be compatible brain wise.
Aquatic skin?
The shear weight of numbers makes it a no brainer.
There are an estimated 100 billion stars in the universe. We're the only one thats inhabited?

LOL
Actually, there's really like 100 trillion billion billion billion billion stars in the universe. I forgot where I found the info, but it was like 10x27th or something like that.

So, Aliens do exists. People say that the conditions have to be just fucking right for life to evolve, but I say that the conditions have to be just right for life to evolve in that particular intance. Like, we evolved to have to breathe air to live. In another galaxy on the other side of the universe, oxygen might not be present and organisms might live off, say, methane. We don't know for sure. But, life is out there, that's a given.

My UFO story:

I was at work a year and a half ago, or something, and was on the side of the building taking a break with a friend and his girlfriend. I looked up at a break in the clouds and noticed a white triangular object sitting directly in the middle of the break. I stared at it for a second and thought to myself, "WTF is that shit?". His girlfriend got in her car and took off. I asked him what he thought it was and he told me that it was a plane or something. I was like, "Dude, it's a fucking triangle and it's not moving across the sky!" After saying that, I looked back up and it was gone. The break in the clouds was there still, but the object was gone. Definately a UFO in the sense that I couldn't identify it. Alien i nature? Doubt it.
KylieTastic
Games, Girls, Guinness
+85|6459|Cambridge, UK

That was so gona happen..... ask a question without pointing out your obvious intention to the letter and the topic gets hoodwinked.

I voted NO
--- based on the questoin meaning UFOs (as stated) not life in the universe as many have re-defined it.
--- based on meaning UFOs flown by aliens (not just a flying object I cant 100% identity)
Titch2349
iz me!
+358|6359|uk

nooo they don't
aLpHa|Mr.App|e
+5|6413
The human are only afraid of theyr technologi and stuff, so they're saying "They dont exsist" but ive seen some wierd stuff lately at the TV
crimson_grunt
Shitty Disposition (apparently)
+214|6662|Teesside, UK
I agree with the fact the may be other life out there.  Do i believe in alien space ships buzzing around this planet? No.  i figure they've got better things to do than fly over to our planet and experiment on us.  I always found it arrogant that people would assume that the human race would be so important to any alien races.
Jammyc_53
+5|6565|Newcastle-England
yes but if we evolved from monkeys, then, why are there still monkey ?
Mackaronen
+18|6644|Uppland, Sweden
I'm positive there is intelligent life on other planets, maybe even more advanced than us. But if they have been here or if they ever will be, I'm not so sure of.  But i will go and install probe-cams on my fathers cows just in case they come.
jsnipy
+3,276|6530|...

yeah, in uranus *eh huh*
Agent_Dung_Bomb
+302|6743|Salt Lake City

Jammyc_53 wrote:

yes but if we evolved from monkeys, then, why are there still monkey ?
We didn't evolve from monkies.  That is the bullshit answer the Bible thumpers want you to hear.  The evolutionary chain only indicates that we had some common anecestry.
stkhoplite
Banned
+564|6487|Sheffield-England

Last edited by stkhoplite (2006-12-21 10:31:35)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard