Do you believe UFO's Exist?

Yes62%62% - 80
No21%21% - 27
X-Files FTW16%16% - 21
Total: 128
Master*
Banned
+416|6515|United States
If so explain yourself,do you know something us earthlings dont?
Archer
rapes face
+161|6444|Canuckistan
Yes. There's too much probability and it makes perfect sense.
King_County_Downy
shitfaced
+2,791|6617|Seattle

Yes, I believe in aliens. I actually think we're an experiment by them. How else can you explain our aquatic skin when we're also so closely related geneticly to the Bonobo Chimp? I think we are a cross between Bonobo and a dolphin. Dolphins have 5 fingers and 5 toes so I think they'd be compatible brain wise.
Sober enough to know what I'm doing, drunk enough to really enjoy doing it
CommieChipmunk
+488|6590|Portland, OR, USA
yeah you'd have to be fairly ignorant to not believe in some extraterrestrial life..
Sgt.Kyle
Kyle
+48|6503|P-way, NJ
what Commie said..

I think there is something out there, theres got to be.

Last edited by Sgt.Kyle (2006-12-20 17:48:28)

Fenris_GreyClaw
Real Хорошо
+826|6540|Adelaide, South Australia

Think about the literal interpretation of that question, and you'll understand my answer:
"I see UFO's everyday. Of course they exist."
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6621|132 and Bush

Archer wrote:

Yes. There's too much probability and it makes perfect sense.
Maybe but the question was do you believe UFO's exist.

Do I believe that there have been objects in the sky that have not been identified.. um yes.

Do I think we have been visited by intelligent life.. um no.

Do I think there is life outside of our planet.. um most likely.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Mafia47
+27|6761|Chicago
we can't seem to understand the concept of the universe being completly empty except for ourselfs. But, if you believe in god...do you believe he would of created another form of life (inteliigent or not) or if you believe in evolution, do you think that its possible for things to happen in such a perfect way to make life again far away? either was you'll end up asking yourself how the universe got created, slam your head into a wall, and go to sleep.
Freke1
I play at night... mostly
+47|6567|the best galaxy
I have dl 20Gb of UFO videos. There's tons of it on DC++.
The Drake equation which calculates the probabillity of stars/planets with water etc. says that there most likely is 50.000 civilisations in our galaxy. I believe they exist.
https://img70.imageshack.us/img70/5393/ufoguys62al0.jpg

Last edited by Freke1 (2006-12-21 11:29:37)

https://bf3s.com/sigs/7d11696e2ffd4edeff06466095e98b0fab37462c.png
Paco_the_Insane
Phorum Phantom
+244|6665|Ohio
yes, ha ha, one time a UFO hit me in teh head. a never figured out what it was.

and other life in the universe, it would be mentally retarded to think there isnt.

but that we have been visited, id say its possible but unlikely. Why would aliens be more advanced than humans? that doesnt really make much more sense.

I do think that life on other planets is probably very similar to life on earth, only maybe slightly different based on environments.
Kenthar
Resident Dragon Fanatic
+21|6567
I believe that there are some flying objects out there that I can't identify.
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6705|United States of America
Of course UFOs exist. Aliens on the other hand, are a different story.
l41e
+677|6669

Kenthar wrote:

I believe that there are some flying objects out there that I can't identify.
This is my friend in the park.

Me: "Incoming!!"
Friend: "...Huh?"

*whap*

Friend: "...uh...what was that...?"
Me: *ff*
Friend: "uh..."
Me: *mmpf...mk-*
Me: "HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA"
MT_Androo
Banned
+122|6490|The Suburb at Karkand
I kinda do. Ever watch History channel pretty interesting stuff, anyways you never see real picutes.. most of the time
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6549|Global Command

King_County_Downy wrote:

Yes, I believe in aliens. I actually think we're an experiment by them. How else can you explain our aquatic skin when we're also so closely related geneticly to the Bonobo Chimp? I think we are a cross between Bonobo and a dolphin. Dolphins have 5 fingers and 5 toes so I think they'd be compatible brain wise.
Aquatic skin?
The shear weight of numbers makes it a no brainer.
There are an estimated 100 billion stars in the universe. We're the only one thats inhabited?

LOL
SplinterStrike
Roamer
+250|6431|Eskimo land. AKA Canada.
Most definitely. I also believe in other life forms in the universe too. Maybe dumber, or maybe smarter than us.
Time will tell.

Now let me ask you this: Do you believe Atlantis existed?
SlightlySto0pid
+7|6470|New York
I heard somewhere that "humanoid" shape is how we think of aliens because that's how we can conceptualize them but if evolution is true then the chances of another race that has a humanoid shape is extremely low.
Mafia47
+27|6761|Chicago
We better get going everyone because big foot and the lochness monster are running up the grassy knoll to go see elvis in concert!!!
twiistaaa
+87|6689|mexico
no, there maybe other life in the galaxy/universe but i dont think they fly all the way here to hover around and leave again. thats if they have the capacity to do that. other life forms maybe completely different or see the universe in a different manner, intelligent or not they might not have a desire to come here. it could be we are really far behind and the other intelligent civilisations have died out or we could be ahead and they havent yet made the progress to space travel, mathematics or the wheel even.

think about it regardless of life forms existing or not, simply put their evolution would have to of coincided with ours (so we know what we are looking for), they would have to detect this planet, they have to have a desire to come here, they have to have the capacity to travel extremely far distances..

i think there are more reasons for them not to be here (UFO's).
T0rr3nt
+54|6597|Michigan
weamo8
+50|6463|USA
If God had a reason for it I guess.

If there is no God, then there is no way.  The odds of spontaneous life ever reaching intelligent life are so miniscule by macro-evolutionary standards, that it is almost technically impossible.  If there is no God, we are the only intelligent life in the universe, and we are way more special than we could ever imagine.
twiistaaa
+87|6689|mexico

T0rr3nt wrote:

drakes equation.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drake_Equation
doesnt really say much about UFO's..?

how about this badboy?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rare_Earth_hypothesis
ShotYourSix
Boldly going nowhere...
+196|6739|Las Vegas

weamo8 wrote:

If God had a reason for it I guess.

If there is no God, then there is no way.  The odds of spontaneous life ever reaching intelligent life are so miniscule by macro-evolutionary standards, that it is almost technically impossible.  If there is no God, we are the only intelligent life in the universe, and we are way more special than we could ever imagine.
Trust me, we're not that special. 

But your logic seems pretty convoluted. So it could happen once but ONLY once?  Gimme a freakin break.  Given the billion billions of possible habitable planets, it's "almost technically impossible" for there NOT to be other intelligent life....

As far as god goes:

Odds of no other intelligent life existing elsewhere in the universe:  1 / 1,000,000,000
Odds of god being a myth: 50 / 50

Raphael V2
+1|6358
Nope does not seem possible in my personal opinion.
Chief_(OwNaGe)
+46|6464
Someone said this already but it would be pretty ignorant to think we are the only living creatures in the entire universe. Most people don't understand how massively huge the universe is...it's a pretty damn big place.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard