The APC's 2nd seat bombs9%9% - 24
Tank0%0% - 2
Nothing53%53% - 134
Total: 250
Magius5.0
+106|6383|UMass Amherst

Kanil wrote:

Magius5.0 wrote:

Pilum H-AVR... but NOT accuracy; otherwise, it would become the uber-powerful sniper rifle that would be whored time and time again for cheap one-shot unrecoverable kills.
Except it travels so slow that the only way to hit infantry would to be at real short range (might as well use a shotgun/rifle/what-have-you) or pick off idiots sitting still... and, as we all should know, sitting still = death anyway.

It's only got 6 rounds of ammo, takes forever to reload, doesn't splash... I can't see why you wouldn't want it to be able to hit the vehicle you're aiming at...

Edit: What this game needs is a gigantic school/civilian bus that you can fit half your team in...
Okay, so maybe we COULD tweak the accuracy.  Nothing worse than missing the HUGE-ASSED, thirty foot tall walker at medium range, because you were going for a leg shot to deal more damage, and miss by three meters because of *gasp* the guns deviation.
Rhino(8)
+1|6501|Adelaide, Australia
I think some modifications could be made, like getting rid of the turrets, they are a pain in the ass.  I also think they should even up defending and attacking the titan. What do most people do camp in the tunnels, so why not block the entrances to tunnels 1-4 off and make both teams have to pod onto the titans. Leave the reactor room accessible from the inside like it is at the moment.  I think this would even up things a little more, especially for attacking. Besides that im fairly happy with the game so far, now they have semi-fixed the lag.
Pfc. Leemus
Ownerer via the strategic use of bullets
+20|6609|N.S.W, Australia

PBAsydney wrote:

Titan guns are the only thing I don't like.

Why? Because I can't use them the way others can, I can't see a single enemy because my video card sucks.
Same =[
التعريفات
Squiggles
+102|6369|Cali
Why nerf anything, to screw up the game?
DoctorFruitloop
Level 13 Wrongdoer
+515|6547|Doncaster, UK

Rhino(8) wrote:

I think some modifications could be made, like getting rid of the turrets, they are a pain in the ass.  I also think they should even up defending and attacking the titan. What do most people do camp in the tunnels, so why not block the entrances to tunnels 1-4 off and make both teams have to pod onto the titans. Leave the reactor room accessible from the inside like it is at the moment.  I think this would even up things a little more, especially for attacking. Besides that im fairly happy with the game so far, now they have semi-fixed the lag.
A good team can easily overcome a team camping the corridors, and that's what the game is about.... teamwork.

Nothing needs nerfing, some tweaks need applying maybe at the most, but that's it. Nothing needs nerfing!
Godhatch
+5|6610
they should nerf the titan being able to move, this would stop all the lag which would solve a lot of peoples problems, plus people wouldn't be complaining about the guns being overpowered as they would be strictly used for defences only

Last edited by Godhatch (2006-12-20 03:05:47)

DoctorFruitloop
Level 13 Wrongdoer
+515|6547|Doncaster, UK
The titan can't move once the shields go down and people are still complaining about lag, so it not moving at all isn't going to help with the lag any more than the steps they have already taken.

Last edited by DoctorFruitloop (2006-12-20 03:11:26)

Zukabazuka
+23|6686
Making the titan not be able to move from the start is pointless, you would still have lag depending on what your team is doing. For example if everyone in your team is in the titan then ofcourse you gonna lag.

But giving the titan limited moving area, just so it cant move all the time but can move at the start because a well placed titan can hold of many people from a silo.
Godhatch
+5|6610
yeah it will because i'm one of the people who have great gameplay with no lag until any one of those titans moves, there are people in my clan who have the same problems and have read other posts similar on this website
Bernadictus
+1,055|6738

Nothing really needs to be nerfed.

On the other hand, somethings need to be de-nerfed. Such as Gunships missiles (+ tracking system which sometimes goes BF 1.21).

And the battlewalkers might need to take more damage in the leg department.
I cannot comprehend how my Pilum slays one tank after the other, but does only marginal damage on a walker.
Zefar
+116|6650|Sweden
APC on Conquest maps are just fine, removing the weapons from it will make it next to useless. Don't nerf the grenade thingy to. It takes top 3 rockets to kill the APC but usually 2.
Bernadictus
+1,055|6738

Zefar wrote:

APC on Conquest maps are just fine, removing the weapons from it will make it next to useless. Don't nerf the grenade thingy to. It takes top 3 rockets to kill the APC but usually 2.
Berlin + Complete Chaos = APC that doesn't notice the Rorsch shooting at it.
Zefar
+116|6650|Sweden

Bernadictus wrote:

Zefar wrote:

Berlin + Complete Chaos = APC that doesn't notice the Rorsch shooting at it.
Plus it's just to spam loller mines all over the place and you don't need to worry about those vehicles.

Also after taking a look in the poll people want Walker to be nerfed. O_O Wth people?

It's only good in close combat as on long range missle are next to useless unless you get a bit lucky.
The machine guns overheat pretty fast and the AA turret overheats way to fast.
A Tank on distance shouldn't have any problems with a Walker.

If you want it nerfed because it rape infantry it's pretty obvious that you don't know how to kill it. Beside those 2 big Chainguns on it's body is bound to do damage. Btw the Transport chopper can butcher infantry pretty quick to but no one seems to care about that.
heggs
Spamalamadingdong
+581|6389|New York
i think it's time for a repost.

nothing needs to be nerfed. everything is fine. this is much more balanced than bf2 ever was. walkers can be a pain in the ass, but they can be taken down. gunships aren't a problem at all. there is nothing in bf2142 that can't be dealt with.

so you get killed by a walker at a spawn point, dont come back as an assault, dumbass. come back as an engineer and blast his ass.
Remember Me As A Time Of Day
Penetrator
Certified Twat
+296|6509|Bournemouth, South England
I'm not too keen on walkers when I'm infantry, so when I see one coming, I get  in a tank! Problem solved!
autopilot
banned
+115|6349

it's already like playing a game of american football with a Nerf ball. Nothing.
gene_pool
Banned
+519|6622|Gold coast, Aus.
If anything gets nerfed i swear, i will blame anyone who voted for something (other then "Nothing") and will find where you live and shove a 9ft pole up your arse. Sideways.
Zefar
+116|6650|Sweden

gene_pool wrote:

If anything gets nerfed i swear, i will blame anyone who voted for something (other then "Nothing") and will find where you live and shove a 9ft pole up your arse. Sideways.
What about buffing things? :3

I for one would like to the Missle on Gunship to be a tad more powerfull. As for now they need either all missle to hit or hit the weakspot a lot to kill.

It's just like, line up againts a tank and mash the fire buttom and he will most likely die. Though now the tanks are a pretty good threat againts Gunships.
gene_pool
Banned
+519|6622|Gold coast, Aus.

Zefar wrote:

gene_pool wrote:

I for one would like to the Missle on Gunship to be a tad more powerfull. As for now they need either all missle to hit or hit the weakspot a lot to kill.

It's just like, line up againts a tank and mash the fire buttom and he will most likely die. Though now the tanks are a pretty good threat againts Gunships.
Hmm....Some buffing would be allowed....But if i see anything turn into a g36e clone, i will shove a 10 ft pole up your arse.
heggs
Spamalamadingdong
+581|6389|New York

gene_pool wrote:

Zefar wrote:

gene_pool wrote:

Hmm....Some buffing would be allowed....But if i see anything turn into a g36e clone, i will shove a 10 ft pole up your arse.
agreed. the gunship missle needs to do at least 80% damage. for having to guide that f'n thing, you should get something good out of it.
Zefar
+116|6650|Sweden

heggs wrote:

agreed. the gunship missle needs to do at least 80% damage. for having to guide that f'n thing, you should get something good out of it.
80% O_O You out of your mind?

Againts Air Vehicle it's seeking if can aim but it does miss. But making it do 80% per MISSLE is INSANE.

I was thinking like being able to take out tank in 5-6 hits even on the weak spot.
heggs
Spamalamadingdong
+581|6389|New York

Zefar wrote:

heggs wrote:

80% O_O You out of your mind?

Againts Air Vehicle it's seeking if can aim but it does miss. But making it do 80% per MISSLE is INSANE.

I was thinking like being able to take out tank in 5-6 hits even on the weak spot.
sorry, i was a little unclear. i meant the tv missle for the gunships, they need to do plenty more damage.
zeidmaan
+234|6416|Vienna

he meant 80 % for TV missle not the Pilots misles.

And please stop with all the "nothing needs nerfing you noobs, im leet etc" crap. It doesnt make you sound 1337. Are you all saying that reducing effect of the EMP missles was a bad nerf ??? Or if they reduced the splash of APCs 2nd seat mortar ???
T0rr3nt
+54|6578|Michigan

[LCI]squeakyfleece wrote:

engineer kit simply because it sucks
no you just suck with it. the pilum/motion mines own, as well as the smgs.
heggs
Spamalamadingdong
+581|6389|New York

T0rr3nt wrote:

[LCI]squeakyfleece wrote:

engineer kit simply because it sucks
no you just suck with it. the pilum/motion mines own, as well as the smgs.
the smg's aren't nearly as bad as people make them out to be. and you are correct, the pilum is amazing.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard