DaReJa
BF2s US Server Admin
+257|6596|Los Angeles, California, US.
Completely Agree.

Plus, Theres the people who say /close, But, That only Bumps the thread, Like Birdmans's. So, By Replying, You help his cause out.
Battlelog: DaReJa
MyBFi/BF3i Admin

AKA DanielRJ
GameSurge IRC Network, Support Agent and Staff
Phuzion IRC Network, Support Director and Operator
RavyGravy
Son.
+617|6375|NSW, Australia

maybe we could make a lolcat thread where they can all post their gay pics and we dont have to see them anymore
Fenris_GreyClaw
Real Хорошо
+826|6489|Adelaide, South Australia

<<<FTDM>>>Gen.Raven wrote:

maybe we could make a lolcat thread where they can all post their gay pics and we dont have to see them anymore
That's been tried. Several times actually, and they've all been closed/deleted. And I'm thankful for that.
RavyGravy
Son.
+617|6375|NSW, Australia

Fenris_GreyClaw wrote:

<<<FTDM>>>Gen.Raven wrote:

That's been tried. Several times actually, and they've all been closed/deleted. And I'm thankful for that.
ok...ill go back to lurking in the shadows of the forum
stkhoplite
Banned
+564|6449|Sheffield-England
well i find them funny
{XpLiCiTxX}
Ohh skeet skeet
+143|6440|New York
Oh thank god.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6570|132 and Bush

That kind of spam had lost any impact if any it ever had. An online community should not be driven by who can muddy up the threads the worst.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
4_Phucsache
Property of BF2s©
+112|6552|Brisbane Australia
Then why not simply remove the ability to post images on the forum.
Yes I have benn playing silly buggers lately (and no its not something I have continually done during my time on the forum) however I have found many of the images posted to be quite amusing (when used in context) however using a picture in context is dependant on how the individual see's it.

Everyone gets on thier high horse about "thier rights to a view or an opinion" yet when that view or opinion is expressed as an image the world goes up in flames.

Whilst I dont disagree that stopping this is a good idea I also think it begs the question "is this going to stop people derailing, flaming or generally making ass's of themselves in threads?" and I think we all know that it wont.

Everyday I bypass many a thread which I either disagree with or have no interest in and Im happy to just move along, of late i have answered in many a frivolous way to many frivolous threads, however everyday I also see hundreds of posts where people appear to be posting just to waste thier own time, they add nothing to the thread or intentionally (so it appears) try to start arguments by casting aspertions on the original poster.

I guess all Im trying to say is that people will be people regardless of if they can or cannot post images. (I present exhibit number one in the below post your honour)

I agree that they need to be toned down but I think used in the right time and or place they can provide a small comic relief.

Last edited by 4_Phucsache (2006-12-20 01:15:59)

t2krambo
Banned
+99|6497|Panama
/agree
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6741|PNW

So...no LOLCATS?
Gillenator
Evils Bammed Sex Machine
+129|6364|Evilsville
Go and annoy someone else blackcracka

I thing this is a good decision.
Word.
PspRpg-7
-
+961|6667

Thank you LORD, now it's a bannable offense. Those LOLCATS we're starting to grate on my nerves, next stop should be sigs....

Last edited by PspRpg-7 (2006-12-20 01:29:21)

=Karma-Kills=
"Don't post while intoxicated."
+356|6554|England
I agree with the

/fail and all that...

But me loves me pics...
PspRpg-7
-
+961|6667

=Karma-Kills= wrote:

I agree with the

/fail and all that...

But me loves me pics...
You a small group of others...But the majority of the forums HATES them. With a passion.
=Karma-Kills=
+356|6554|England

PspRpg-7 wrote:

=Karma-Kills= wrote:

I agree with the

/fail and all that...

But me loves me pics...
You a small group of others...But the majority of the forums HATES them. With a passion.
Pictures speak a thousand words...

which can be very helpful when you dont have hours to explain how much of an idiot some one is (*cough* Bennet *cough*)
PspRpg-7
-
+961|6667

=Karma-Kills= wrote:

PspRpg-7 wrote:

=Karma-Kills= wrote:

I agree with the

/fail and all that...

But me loves me pics...
Pictures speak a thousand words...

which can be very helpful when you dont have hours to explain how much of an idiot some one is (*cough* Bennet *cough*)
Who ever said "Pictures speak a thousand words" needs to be shot. I fail to see how a picture of a cat with semi-amusing text on it speaks a thousand words. There's not enough synonyms to "I'm a 'tard" out there.
=Karma-Kills=
+356|6554|England

PspRpg-7 wrote:

I fail.
BANNED

Its just a little amusement, not all posts have to be blocks of text for you to wade through...
PspRpg-7
-
+961|6667

=Karma-Kills= wrote:

PspRpg-7 wrote:

I fail.
BANNED

Its just a little amusement, not all posts have to be blocks of text for you to wade through...
Eesh, after reading the title and our posts, I believe we're "fucking up"...We're not contributing.
..teddy..jimmy
+1,393|6619
nice Chuy.

Note: Could some members stop pretending they are mods
=Karma-Kills=
+356|6554|England
*Runs around waving arms*

0H N03S Ze3 rU13S1111!!!1111!!!!

We shouldnt be paranoid whether or not were "contributing", its just about having fun. Why does everything have to be 100% serious?
PspRpg-7
-
+961|6667

=Karma-Kills= wrote:

We shouldnt be paranoid whether or not were "contributing", its just about having fun. Why does everything have to be 100% serious?
It doesn't.

..teddy..jimmy wrote:

nice Chuy.

Note: Could some members stop pretending they are mods
Yes, the report button is a lot easier.
tF-voodoochild
Pew Pew!
+216|6817|San Francisco

I fear that most of you are missing the point entirely.

If Chuy simply wanted people to stop posting images altogether then images would just no longer be allowed in forum posts. That is not what this is about. This is about actually making a positive contribution to the forums every time you make a post, which has been in the rules since they were first initiated into the forums, though I doubt many of you have actually read them.

lolcats, and similar images are in fact funny in most cases. Earlier this evening I was wading through the "reply in images" thread and laughing up a storm, so much so that two other roommates ended up standing behind me wondering what was so funny. These images, however, have a time and a place, which is not in serious threads.

This topic is a warning. The warning is that if you continue to do nothing more than post pointless junk in otherwise relevant and meaningful threads, whether that junk is in image or text form, you will no longer be welcome on the bf2s.com forums, as per the rules that you have all agreed to uphold by signing up to the forums in the first place.
Slayer
---hates you
+1,137|6726|Hell, p.o box 666

tF-voodoochild wrote:

I fear that most of you are missing the point entirely.

If Chuy simply wanted people to stop posting images altogether then images would just no longer be allowed in forum posts. That is not what this is about. This is about actually making a positive contribution to the forums every time you make a post, which has been in the rules since they were first initiated into the forums, though I doubt many of you have actually read them.

lolcats, and similar images are in fact funny in most cases. Earlier this evening I was wading through the "reply in images" thread and laughing up a storm, so much so that two other roommates ended up standing behind me wondering what was so funny. These images, however, have a time and a place, which is not in serious threads.

This topic is a warning. The warning is that if you continue to do nothing more than post pointless junk in otherwise relevant and meaningful threads, whether that junk is in image or text form, you will no longer be welcome on the bf2s.com forums, as per the rules that you have all agreed to uphold by signing up to the forums in the first place.
QFE QFT
=Karma-Kills=
+356|6554|England

PspRpg-7 wrote:

=Karma-Kills= wrote:

It doesn't.
Well then why where you worried we were not contributing?

PspRpg-7 wrote:

Eesh, after reading the title and our posts, I believe we're "fucking up"...We're not contributing.
Im not blaming you directly, i just likes my pics!
Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6535|England

As long as Ive been here, its been like this:
If somebody revives an old topic - they get slated.
If they post a topic thats been done before - they get slated.
You cant win.

About time somebody said this. Well done Chuy.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard