skyking376
+0|6700
Here is just my two cents that works repeatedly!

I have found that other than some punkass RAMMING us (because he is pissed that NOBODY can shoot us down) the blackhawk is one hell of a mobile gun platform in the air!

ME: Squad leader and pilot (medic so you can heal your boys if they get nicked by random fire) Also your squad members can repeatedly spawn on you.

2 gunners: support or another medic (resupplies and heals the rest of the troops in the blackhawk while you are gunning)

AT LEAST 2 engineers (if not 3) repairing all the live long day. Most people might get bored of this but if there is another good pilot and he wants to fly I could repair all day and not get a kill (I LOVE teamwork and could care less if we win or lose, it is NOT about stats to me but the team fun I have helping the group instead of myself).

Great to have a spec ops constantly throwing out C4 out the window (the support gunner is resupplying him constantly). Also engineers while not actively repairing can do the same thing by throwing out mines in the same fashion! (<--provided your pilot can put the helo on a dime and be VERY specific to line his boys up) I am sure there are some better helo jockeys but I am in that upper crust that can stop on a dime as well!

I play with my cousin all the time and because he is left handed he prefers to sit in the left gun and have ME do left circles around a flag at a constant altitude and bank angle. ONLY because of hours of practice together can he repeatedly hit targets and KNOWS my flying style do I give him the "first shot", otherwise I will switch to the other sid and give my right side gunner his fair share! AND IF SOMEONE SPOTS THE ENEMY HELOS for me I can see it on the map and line up shots for my gunners better so for gods sake SPOT HELOS AND JETS for your pilots!!!!!!!! This assists ALL pilots like you would not believe!!!!!!!!!!

About the only thing that takes us down is like I mentioned if someone RAMS US (usually out of shear frustration at our success) or an attack helicopter putting repeated rocket hits on target! But with 2 engineers (even better with 3) I can jink out even pretty good pilots in an irregular flight path back to a carrier or some other ground defense to assist in getting him off my tail!

If everyone bails on me then of course I am a sitting duck for Mr. Attack helo but after realizing I can spin on a dime, stop and hover, then take off in an instant most will tend to stay. PRACTICE PRACTICE PRACTICE on that hover (and ESPECIALLY SWIVELING FOR YOUR GUNNERS)!

Even better pick a specific spot you want to hover 10 feet off the ground (like over a flag) and come in full heat and keep trying to match decreasing forward movement with altitude and rotor pitch to stop in the shortest distance possible but with full control. When you can fit between buildings and trees, drop off your men for a quick flag capture and then have them all get in in an instant......You are a mobile gun platform that is devastating!!!!!

TEAMWORK TEAMWORK TEAMWORK is the name of the game "I" play....what game do you play?

Bullet_magnet376
OR
Artillery_magnet376

Frankly BOTH of these names appear to fit me well! ha ha ha....
polarbearz
Raiders of the Lost Bear
+-1,474|6794|Singapore

Hehe i've done a very interesting ANTI MEC chopper suicide move. When i see him coming i veer hard to the left, then dive and climb sharply. Making sure he's on my tail, i tilt my nose up and let my spec ops dump C4 non stop at the enemy chopper

My blackhawk whores took out 4 successive suicide attempts this way until they gave up
Nickoflouse
+2|6705|Iowa
^^Thats a Good idea
Umbra Acciptris
+1|6761
That is the loadout I try to get usualy in the blackhawk (works in the MEC and PLA chopper too. . . if you can find people willing to get into that brick)

I normaly just get over the flag and hold the choper realitivly still while slowly spinning.  Thus my gunners get a full 360 view. . . at one time or another.  VOIP is great help for this, so I can angle my gunners how ever they want for the shot we all may need.

Also, I highly recomend having the engineers throw grenades as oposed to mines.  I have been and seen people kicked for mine TK's when they do that.
[CANADA]_Zenmaster
Pope Picard II
+473|6751

You can do it with just two people for maps other then Mashtuur where you can't get a full load. Pilot as Engy, and gunner as medic. Pilot swaps out to repair when taking too much damage, leaving the bhawk pilotless - this makes it so nobody can get missle lock on you and you can only take MG fire damage. The gunner swaps into pilot seat to straighten for shots when needed if the Engy is still repairing.

You need two strong players for this, but it makes the Bhawk a veritable fortress even with enemy jets in the air and jeeps on the ground, but you only need 2 people. SirNick and I do this on USMC on Wake island all the time, and it is rare to loose a round!

A quick sample Nick took just from a round today where we were having fun,
Top three files: http://hosted.filefront.com/CanadaZenmaster

In the videos, especially the #2 you can see how we do it with nick swapping in to pilot when I repair, he only pilots for a few seconds to steady the course so he can keep gunning and I can keep repairing until I'm ready to take over again. Also note that I'm squad leader and the rest of our squad is using us as a mobile spawn point the entire round. This is really handy when you want to capture the airfield - Nick and I kill anything that moves while the rest of the squad takes the flag. Then I pick up anyone left alive and continue to another flag.  It's quite the gun ship!

A note to anyone who flies the bhawk, FFS, let people get back in when a flag is captured, dont throttle up and fly off it's so aggrovating!

Thanks to SirNick. for taking those quick videos while we were blasting them away! I wish I had thought to fraps more myself today!
First
+3|6725|Canada
hey love ur idea but i would love for u 2 hover so i could shot u with my M95
BeforeGod
+0|6820|British Columbia
I couldn't care less, I just wish they weren't on Mashtuur. The BH can utterly ruin that map, which is a shame since it's one of the best maps in BF2...

As a small example I was playing this evening on the MEC team. I ended up on top of my team with 72 points. This ended up being just out of the top three, behind a group of Black Hawk whores with scores ranging from 170-150. I view it as little (if any) better then stat padding, especially when the MEC has little ability to counter it. One of the few high points of that game was downing the BH with a grenade launcher.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6767

nADE wHORE
pinky_81
+1|6795|Denmark
Should be a lot of AA nests with Cal 0.5 Machine Guns angled upwards...
Repairing vehicles from while being in them is really not how it should be done - otherwise the teamwork seems to be great... Keep up the teamwork, but plz let the wrench stay home...
Tarthkin
+-1|6767

BeforeGod wrote:

I view it as little (if any) better then stat padding, especially when the MEC has little ability to counter it.
Im sick of hearing ppl complain about the BH on Mustahar City.  There have been plenty of times when ive seen the USMC get dominated even when a compitant BH team is in the air.  Sure its good and if used properly can drasticly change the map but its still part of the map for a reason.  When you think about all the other maps that have a BH the only one where it is able to be used to its full potential is in MC.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard