acidkiller187
+123|6622
It's called meth...... GOD it feels good
Krauser98
Extra Green Please!
+53|6822|USA! USA! USA!
No dude, you're border line crazy.  In part of my professional life I'm required to be able to recognize when somebody might be exhibiting signs of a mental illness and react accordingly.  The good news is that you know it's not real.  You should really talk to your professional about it.  Otherwise, the next thing you know, you're going to be thinking those lights you just barely see in the corner of your eye are space men who are bringing gifts from God.  They're just hiding and you can't see them, because you don't have your goggles on. 

Know what's fun about learning about all these symptoms?  After about a week of class about it, you start realizing all the things you do are border line crazy.  Then you realize everyone is border line crazy and so it's OK.  Me?  I'm 100% legit nuts.  And so am I!

Also, schizo refers to things other than multiple personalities.
Ryan
+1,230|6835|Alberta, Canada

White-Fusion wrote:

I hear ticking in my brain when i lay on my right ear. Which probs has some decent explanation but i dont know it
*cough, erhrm, cough* Timebomb *cough*
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6636
schizophrenia...yay!
4_Phucsache
Property of BF2s©
+112|6574|Brisbane Australia
If I were a paranoid schizophrenic I could be out to get myself.....................
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6636
listen to the voices, theyre ALWAYS right
BVC
+325|6687
Lay off the LSD?
[QXJZ]Capt_Kefra
Alright, you're good to go!
+124|6720|Honolulu, HI
Hmm, time for a semi-serious answer.  I'll do my best.

Though they were mentioned facetiously, I should dispel the notion that white spots on the fingernails are the result of a vitamin or dietary deficiency.  Beneath the cuticle, your fingernail is still forming, and keratin (a protein that also is the principal component of hair) is hardening to protect the flesh beneath your nail.  If this immature nail is struck, a white occlusion will appear on the nail once it grows past the cuticle.  Spots on the fingernail are no big deal, but you might want to alert a medical professional if you notice white bands or blue nails--they can signify a wide range of maladies from hypothermia to arsenic poisoning.

Secondly, schizophrenia and multiple personality disorder (now properly termed "dissociative identity disorder" or DID) are not synonyms for the same mental affliction.  Typically schizophrenics are notably withdrawn from society, seem emotionally detached, and most importantly have delusions or hallucinations.  Patients with DID on the other hand must exhibit at least two distinct personalities.  In other words, as long as a schizophrenic is consistently depressed, sees hallucinations, withdraws himself from society, etc., then only one distinct personality is evident.

Finally, diagnoses like schizophrenia and DID are notoriously difficult to perform with any degree of accuracy.  Furthermore, the intricacies of the nervous system and the various regions of the brain are in large part only crudely mapped.  For instance, the cause of tinnitus (ringing in the ears) is unknown, and if even that rather minor affliction cannot be cured, what hope is there for serious maladies like schizophrenia (whose treatment and diagnosis are sketchy at best)?

Anyway, just my nerdy two cents.  Carry on...
mcminty
Moderating your content for the Australian Govt.
+879|6713|Sydney, Australia

[QXJZ]Capt_Kefra wrote:

For instance, the cause of tinnitus (ringing in the ears) is unknown, and if even that rather minor affliction cannot be cured...
No bullshit, I have tinnitus. I got it 4 or 5 years ago after a series of very bad head colds. Fucked my ears up... I have exceptional hearing, but with the added benefit of a high pitch ring... yay .

Usually during the day, I don't 'hear' it because my mind is concerntrated on other things. At night, however, it can get very distracting. And shit, I'm writing about it so I can hear it again.

And for it being a 'minor affliction', I would beg to differ.

Mcminty.
White-Fusion
Fuck
+616|6544|Scotland
I have teh time bomb in my brain!! noes!
The oldest chav in the world
+2,423|6665|Cardiff, Capital of Wales

[QXJZ]Capt_Kefra wrote:

Hmm, time for a semi-serious answer.  I'll do my best.

Though they were mentioned facetiously, I should dispel the notion that white spots on the fingernails are the result of a vitamin or dietary deficiency.  Beneath the cuticle, your fingernail is still forming, and keratin (a protein that also is the principal component of hair) is hardening to protect the flesh beneath your nail.  If this immature nail is struck, a white occlusion will appear on the nail once it grows past the cuticle.  Spots on the fingernail are no big deal, but you might want to alert a medical professional if you notice white bands or blue nails--they can signify a wide range of maladies from hypothermia to arsenic poisoning.

Secondly, schizophrenia and multiple personality disorder (now properly termed "dissociative identity disorder" or DID) are not synonyms for the same mental affliction.  Typically schizophrenics are notably withdrawn from society, seem emotionally detached, and most importantly have delusions or hallucinations.  Patients with DID on the other hand must exhibit at least two distinct personalities.  In other words, as long as a schizophrenic is consistently depressed, sees hallucinations, withdraws himself from society, etc., then only one distinct personality is evident.

Finally, diagnoses like schizophrenia and DID are notoriously difficult to perform with any degree of accuracy.  Furthermore, the intricacies of the nervous system and the various regions of the brain are in large part only crudely mapped.  For instance, the cause of tinnitus (ringing in the ears) is unknown, and if even that rather minor affliction cannot be cured, what hope is there for serious maladies like schizophrenia (whose treatment and diagnosis are sketchy at best)?

Anyway, just my nerdy two cents.  Carry on...
However, if your EX71ER, igonre this as the BOB MARTIN tablets arn't working and maybe you need to up the dosage.  Speshuly if their still wriggling.
The oldest chav in the world
+2,423|6665|Cardiff, Capital of Wales

mcminty wrote:

[QXJZ]Capt_Kefra wrote:

For instance, the cause of tinnitus (ringing in the ears) is unknown, and if even that rather minor affliction cannot be cured...
No bullshit, I have tinnitus. I got it 4 or 5 years ago after a series of very bad head colds. Fucked my ears up... I have exceptional hearing, but with the added benefit of a high pitch ring... yay .

Usually during the day, I don't 'hear' it because my mind is concerntrated on other things. At night, however, it can get very distracting. And shit, I'm writing about it so I can hear it again.

Mcminty.
That stuff is awful I suffer from it a little bit I think (dizzy spells) my ol man suffers from it something awful from years of shooting with a shotty.
[QXJZ]Capt_Kefra
Alright, you're good to go!
+124|6720|Honolulu, HI

mcminty wrote:

[QXJZ]Capt_Kefra wrote:

Mcminty.
That's unfortunate, I'm sorry to hear that.  I meant minor in comparison to, say, sincerely believing that you have multiple personalities and going so far as to adapt different styles of clothing, accents, mannerisms, and so forth...Just the same, I see where you're coming from.
psH
Banned
+217|6375|Sydney
Trust me your not the only person this happens to, i sometimes will be sitting watching TV with family, and i will head a short yell, really short just like "AA" for like half a second, i ask them if they heard it and they sey they haven't, maybe its just something with the brain. Like an affected transmission or something from the eardrum.
mcminty
Moderating your content for the Australian Govt.
+879|6713|Sydney, Australia

[QXJZ]Capt_Kefra wrote:

That's unfortunate, I'm sorry to hear that.  I meant minor in comparison to, say, sincerely believing that you have multiple personalities and going so far as to adapt different styles of clothing, accents, mannerisms, and so forth...Just the same, I see where you're coming from.
I know where you were coming from, and in that context tinnitus is indeed quite a 'minor' thing.

Mcminty.
Sarrk
O-O-O A-O A
+788|6647|Brisbane, Australia

mcminty wrote:

[QXJZ]Capt_Kefra wrote:

I know where you were coming from, and in that context tinnitus is indeed quite a 'minor' thing.

Mcminty.
My computer at night emits tinnius, srysly, it comes from my PSU and it being a piece of shit.
Obiwan
Go Cards !!
+196|6686|The Ville
Follow the white rabbit.
Krauser98
Extra Green Please!
+53|6822|USA! USA! USA!

[QXJZ]Capt_Kefra wrote:

In other words, as long as a schizophrenic is consistently depressed, sees hallucinations, withdraws himself from society, etc., then only one distinct personality is evident.
What if there are multiple personalities who are all consistently depressed, see hallucinations, withdrawn themselves from society, etc.?  How would you know if the only thing you have to go on are mannerisms?  Could they not be very similar in personality since they were effectively coming from the exact same background and experiences?  I have multiple personalities, but I don't think it's a disorder.  There's me in my head, Krauser98, me when I'm with just my Army buddies, me when I'm around my gf, me when I'm at work and having to act serious, and Jake.

Sorry, just wanted to be overly technical for some reason.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard