samfink
+31|6554
maybe that's a way to dealwiht the people who try to force-tk.
Roomba
You will pay the price for your lack of vision.
+26|6491|Land of Cotton
This one is a noob move:

Upon starting the SF for the first time, I picked a spawn point that was a para drop in but I did not know it. To make matters worse, it was a night map. So I couldn't see anything but I could hear some odd noise in my ears. Then there was the all familiar death UGH noise. I wasn't sure what had happened, so I did it again. I think I did it a few times until I figured it out. I finally saw the ground just before my demise. NNNOOOOOOOOBBBBBBBBBB! Good times.

And jumping/falling down stairs and dieing because I was low on health.
Cbass
Kick His Ass!
+371|6693|Howell, Mi USA

Roomba wrote:

This one is a noob move:

Upon starting the SF for the first time, I picked a spawn point that was a para drop in but I did not know it. To make matters worse, it was a night map. So I couldn't see anything but I could hear some odd noise in my ears. Then there was the all familiar death UGH noise. I wasn't sure what had happened, so I did it again. I think I did it a few times until I figured it out. I finally saw the ground just before my demise. NNNOOOOOOOOBBBBBBBBBB! Good times.

I don't remember who it was but someone went afk and forgot to change their spawn from the para drop. They left the game with a hefty death streak
https://bf3s.com/sigs/bb53a522780eff5b30ba3252d44932cc2f5b8c4f.png
samfink
+31|6554
i remember now, my dumbest death was similar. paradrop on warlord, wondered where the hell the ground was, well, the ground introduced itself to my face rather forcefully. 15 secs later and I successfully paradropped in. no, I never recovered from the -2 suicide, as I was almost a complete noob then. not anymore. last warlord game, there was someone who kept spawning on the paradrop they forgot to hit the parachute key EVERY time.I was half tempted to go where they were landing and revive whore, but I don't think they are revivable.
silo1180
The Farewell Tour
+79|6421|San Antonio, TX

ncc6206 wrote:

Not sure if this counts. I was trying to take out the squad beacon for the enemy and a pod landed smack dab on the top of my head.  I guess I should have shot at it from afar.
This is BF2, not BF2142... noob!
ncc6206
=BIG= BAD AND UGLY
+36|6478

silo1180 wrote:

ncc6206 wrote:

Not sure if this counts. I was trying to take out the squad beacon for the enemy and a pod landed smack dab on the top of my head.  I guess I should have shot at it from afar.
This is BF2, not BF2142... noob!
Enemy Pie Eater spotted.
SSSSSnnniiiippppppeeeeerrrrrrr!
basetballjones
+30|6748

acEofspadEs6313 wrote:

RDMC(2) wrote:

Flying with a  F-18 into a parachute d00d only to be killed by him..? eeh..? /confused..
I've done that a lot. It's really lame.

I'd say my my stupidest death has to be when I was repairing the arty for my team. While I was repairing, I was using the gun for cover. The commander decides to use the arty. Well, somehow, the arty gun killed me while it was firing.
that reminds me of when I was flying as an engineer and fixing the commander's freshly blown assets.  Well, since we still had one artygun he fires and as i hover above the broken arty, it repairs, lifts up, and shoots me right in the underbelly.

That was back in the day when it was beneficial to fly a blackhawk for the entire round, too though
l41e
+677|6647

I thought it would be a good idea to park the Mi-28 on the carrier bridge.

Several racist comments, a kick vote, and a warn later, I learned otherwise.
randompants
+3|6570
I think mine takes the cake....

How about grabbing a j-10, warm up the engines, switch to bomb mode, right click......
Icleos
+101|6741
Walking too close between a vehicle and a wall.  It registers as being crushed causing Instant Death / Suicide...
That is really damn annoying.

Last edited by Icleos (2006-12-15 10:39:49)

Roomba
You will pay the price for your lack of vision.
+26|6491|Land of Cotton

Cbass wrote:

Roomba wrote:

This one is a noob move:

I don't remember who it was but someone went afk and forgot to change their spawn from the para drop. They left the game with a hefty death streak
That's funny, dude.

Para drops always make it interesting. That doesn't even count the times I was killed when others dropped in at the same time on Warlord. Sometimes the game wouldn't let the para deploy if you were on top. I think the game must have interpreted me being on solid gorund but I was on the other guys chute.
AndrewKF
+3|6367
Setting C-4's to quickly .... i thought i had still one more .... BOOOOM
samfink
+31|6554
in fact, I reckon there should be a para drop on all SF maps.I mean, WHAT kind of special forces can't do a jump onto a target? also,it would surely give the medic whores something to do (revive the inevitable idiots that forget to open their chute. yes, they can be revived.) while the rest of the team get on with dealing with the enemy.
Dwit
+34|6509
drove my car against a wall, almost died you know how *(car drives over you)

wnted to jump in car again, so i walked towards the car/wall while typing, walked between the car and the wall and died.... i walked myself to death..
Skorpy-chan
+127|6344|Twyford, UK
One I almost got just now. Bailed off my spot on top of the crane after running out of rockets, having seen a few ammo packs down by the hotel on Shaqui. Just as I get the chute open, supply drop, right in front of me. Pants-wetting terror moment. So, totally out of control, I smack into it. The world freezes, jerks, and I fall out the sky and land next to the thing, splat. Then some guy in a tank charges right up to the crate, not seeing me. A sprint and a jump, and he JUST misses me. Two almost-suicides in 30 seconds.
im_in_heaven
+27|6587
Its not really stupid but i hate when i see my attack chopper flag getting capped so i start typing to say go to that flag then while im typing it ejects me out of the chopper because i push 'E' and it only happens sometimes.
ProudLimey
+3|6435
Alone capturing hotel flag @ karkand, and on very low health. Hit on the head by a smoke grenade. Never thought it was possible...
[TP~Bravo]Wiggy
Failure By Design
+39|6545|Cardiff, Wales, Uk.
Killed by my own artillery ( i was commander :$)
ViCT0RI0US
Perfection
+26|6418|Qatar: Where The Players Play

Roomba wrote:

Cbass wrote:

Roomba wrote:

This one is a noob move:

That's funny, dude.

Para drops always make it interesting. That doesn't even count the times I was killed when others dropped in at the same time on Warlord. Sometimes the game wouldn't let the para deploy if you were on top. I think the game must have interpreted me being on solid gorund but I was on the other guys chute.
My friend left himself para-spawning and went A.F.K. He left that round with the mighty death streak of 65. Commander_Kickass (He's my friend from school, so I can make fun of him.)
Fredrik
i hate you all
+201|6648|Norway

VicktorVauhn wrote:

I have a habit of quickly switching to bomb mode when ever I hop into planes...
A couple of times I have grabbed my joystick (its off to the side, I move it over when I fly) by the trigger and dropped all my bombs while sitting still on the run way...
I did that today, tried to spot from the f35 on the carrier as i was taking off, but the commo rose is pretty fucked up after 1.41
RDMC
Enemy Wheelbarrow Spotted..!!
+736|6564|Area 51
Got the jet, got down the run way, accidently got out and got decapitated by the wings..
fightingw/outfightng.
my missiles go further than yours
+11|6350
Too many times i've aimed into the sky armed with a grenade only to click right mouse button instead of the left....by the time i've realised the grenades sitting at my feet its always too late
ICE
+1|6675|Bremen, Indiana
walking around with a nade in my hand.  I sometimes get very relaxed and accidentally click the mouse button for no reason.  [BOOM]  Ive also been in a match where I was an AT and was walking with the AT rocket out.  My tank drove in front of me and well my damn finger for no reason hit the mouse button...
david363
Crotch fires and you: the untold story
+314|6738|Comber, Northern Ireland

Cbass wrote:

Roomba wrote:

This one is a noob move:

that would have been me http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?pid=293905#p293905
MastersMom
YOUR mom goes to college
+61|6654
-My squad leader requested a vehicle and we were waiting for it...didn't realize it was coming down until it killed me.

-Supply box on my head.

-*FAVORITE/MOST FRUSTRATING*  Get in a shoot-out and kill the enemy but he brings me down to two bars of health.  Someone else starts shooting at me so I take off running...down a set of stairs...you know when you run down stairs and you skip a bunch of steps cause you're going too fast...I died from falling down the stairs.  That has happened to me twice.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard