Yes41%41% - 19
No28%28% - 13
I saw one.21%21% - 10
If George Cloony does, so do I8%8% - 4
Total: 46
Burning_Monkey
Moving Target
+108|6833
UFO as in Unidentified Flying Object.  As in something were we are not sure what the hell it really is. Yes I do believe in those.

UFO as Extraterestrial life coming to see what is up. No, I don't believe in those.

That is not to say that I don't believe in extraterestrial life, I just don't think they have ever come to the third rock from Sol.  And chances are there would be no reason to come here anyway.   As far as position in the Milky Way, we are the geeks and nerds hanging out against the wall at the high school prom.  We are way out on one of the trailing arms, and all the cool kids are in towards the center.

Last edited by Burning_Monkey (2005-12-27 22:16:34)

Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6712
and who says the nearest star (besides our sun) has life? maybe its just a wasteland... and sorry for the speed of light thing, i think i should say by our current technology , and it is impossible to travel at the speed of light. for now. i think.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
=NAA=TheTaxidermist
+6|6730|In a van down by the river
I don't believe in UFO's.  I believe there may be other species existing out there somewhere, but not with the capability to build spaceships so similar to something that man would build.  If there is life out there, I don't think its intelligent like humans.
freebirdpat
Base Rapist
+5|6749

cyborg_ninja-117 wrote:

and who says the nearest star (besides our sun) has life? maybe its just a wasteland... and sorry for the speed of light thing, i think i should say by our current technology , and it is impossible to travel at the speed of light. for now. i think.
The nearest star is Proxima Centauri at 4.22 ly away, its a red dwarf, and will likely not have life. However, Alpha Centauri A, and Alpha Centauri B, are both suitable candidates.

http://homepage.sunrise.ch/homepage/sch … tauri.html
freebirdpat
Base Rapist
+5|6749

=NAA=TheTaxidermist wrote:

I don't believe in UFO's.  I believe there may be other species existing out there somewhere, but not with the capability to build spaceships so similar to something that man would build.  If there is life out there, I don't think its intelligent like humans.
why would it not be? If humans can surely achieve intelligence why could not some other planet have life? Think about it, for millions of years long before us, dinosaurs ruled over most of this earth, imagine elsewhere if a intelligent lifeform arose!

And a note, the universe is generally accepted to be about 10-15 billion years old, because that is how far into space we can see generally, so you take how far we can see aka 10-15 billion light years, and figure that light has a constant speed, then you figure that the observable universe is 10-15 billion years old.

revolution.inc wrote:

So far there is no known size of the universe... some say it goes endlessly... so how would you know its the size of one microscopic bacteria?
Thats called an analogy, and that or a similar one is pretty generally accepted as being a good analogy of the size of the universe.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6712
so a lot of ppl are saying that out of billions of stars in our galaxy and millions of galaxy in the universe and only our planet has life? what are the odds... there has got to be life out there, but if were on the only planet that has the spark of life, we dont want that spark of life to go out now do we? conserve paper!! save the trees! the only means to save earth is to play bf2!! since it only needs the power of a computer, and u can play bf2 all day!!
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
freebirdpat
Base Rapist
+5|6749

cyborg_ninja-117 wrote:

so a lot of ppl are saying that out of billions of stars in our galaxy and millions of galaxy in the universe and only our planet has life? what are the odds... there has got to be life out there, but if were on the only planet that has the spark of life, we dont want that spark of life to go out now do we? conserve paper!! save the trees! the only means to save earth is to play bf2!! since it only needs the power of a computer, and u can play bf2 all day!!
Please tell me what drugs you are on. I want some now!

Last edited by freebirdpat (2005-12-28 03:48:12)

BlueScreen
I am the pwnage! Bitches!
+5|6734|Finland
I don't belive that there's some green mans or any flat and circular UFOs but I belive that there's life somewhere, maybe more advanced than here. There must be many planets with life, globe just can't be only blace with life in whole universe
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6712

freebirdpat wrote:

cyborg_ninja-117 wrote:

Please tell me what drugs you are on. I want some now!
u already have them, its called battlefield 2
*TS*tphai
The Forum Alien
+89|6802|The planet Tophet
OK (i belive in God and the bible) anyway ITS NOT POSSIBLE TO LIVE ON A STAR!!! plus i belive their might be something out their but if GOd wanted us to know we would
Bert10099
[]D [] []\/[] []D
+177|6736|United States

revolution.inc wrote:

Bert10099 wrote:

The size of the Earth compared to all of the Universe is proportional to the size of one microscopic bacteria compared to the Earth.  What that means, is that there is a very big Universe out there.  And if conditions were just right to make life on our planet, would it not be possible that the same conditions are on another planet?
So far there is no known size of the universe... some say it goes endlessly... so how would you know its the size of one microscopic bacteria?
I was just giving you an idea of how big the Universe is

Other things to discuss:

The Universe is still getting bigger ever moment.  If the 'Big Bang' theory is correct, and everything exploded, and explosions go outward, the whole universe should still be expanding.  Correct?  Yes.

The 'Human Race' is a sciencific experiment conducted by another intelligent life form, or

We were put here for some reason.  Maybe some lifeforms were shipped from another planet and landed here.

Discuss......
Burples
kniero's second account.
+0|6690
An invalid theory. There are numerous, conclusive studies isolating just how rare of a case we have come to be. That, and even before then are the experiments evidencing life's beginning from inanimate matter. Sure, it may have been a extraterrestial practice of some sort, but it wouldn't have been one intended for the focus of developing an intelligent race capable of forming real opinion. Luck is in our deck of cards when your analysis covers the collisions of the past. Collision is what brought upon the evolution to what we now know as the homo sapien, as well as the adoption of our moon (that of which preceded our coming, of course). Kinda' lacking coherency in this area, but with the moon as the earth's dominion, our ecosystem is benefitted in some...way. I'd research it, but I don't really care enough at the moment. Anyways, we're lucky, and the idea that we are some test subject is far from what could be collectively called truth.

Salutations,
Burples (Whoops, forgot to log back in to my father account )

Last edited by Burples (2005-12-29 18:02:33)

freebirdpat
Base Rapist
+5|6749

*TS*tphai wrote:

OK (i belive in God and the bible) anyway ITS NOT POSSIBLE TO LIVE ON A STAR!!! plus i belive their might be something out their but if GOd wanted us to know we would
How do you know there isn't some lifeform out there that can live on a star? The world is a strange and weird place, and there are many places on Earth where we would never expect to find life, yet we do it all the time.

And I hate to say it but most of us are implants, we were originally placed on earth by the B Ark.

Last edited by freebirdpat (2005-12-29 22:47:27)

Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6712

freebirdpat wrote:

*TS*tphai wrote:

How do you know there isn't some lifeform out there that can live on a star? The world is a strange and weird place, and there are many places on Earth where we would never expect to find life, yet we do it all the time.

And I hate to say it but most of us are implants, we were originally placed on earth by the B Ark.
because a star is a sun... nothing can live in that temperature... where have u been in school?
Stoned_Smurfz
The Mushroom Man
+1|6842|Australia
narrow minded people...
the human race says you cant live in the sun because, we cant do it so u cant, and we know nothing that can so you cant..

oh and thats right someone learnt that in school, in their "where aliens can and cannot live" class, i musta slept threw them classes.. because i was under the impression that we didnt know anything about aliens!
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6712
based on logic, how can anything live 100,000,000 degrees celcius?
freebirdpat
Base Rapist
+5|6749

cyborg_ninja-117 wrote:

based on logic, how can anything live 100,000,000 degrees celcius?
Hot stars can be as hot as 30,000 °C or more, but the coolest stars are only 1,000 °C.

The Sun is quite a cool, yellow star. It is about 6,000 °C at the surface.

Sorry, not 100,000,000 degrees C as you say....

And my logic is based on this, life has been suspected that it would not exist on the ocean floor, yet its there, it has been suspected that it would not exist miles under the earth, yet we find it there. We find life pretty much everywhere we go, in places we did not think it could exist, and in hotter and colder temperatures.

Anything that lived at 1000 degrees C or hotter would probably not be like life as we know it, but thats the strange thing about alien life. It would likely would be not be like we know it, although some life out there might be similar to what we experience.

Last edited by freebirdpat (2005-12-30 04:22:56)

Bert10099
[]D [] []\/[] []D
+177|6736|United States
In news today, the Portugese joined the space race.  They announced that they were going to land a man on the sun.  When questioned on how they would land a man on the sun, they replied, "Oh, we're going to do it at night."

*Bad Joke*...

Moving on.

Whenever you look into the night sky your likely to see some shiney things glowing.  Those shiney things are stars.  Stars that have their own planets, with their own atmospheres, and possibly, their own life-forms.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6712
im just exagerating lol, but 1000 degrees C? just made of hydrogen and helium? no other gas? just hope nasa can find a creature that can live under those conditions
philbymaris
+0|6731|Brissvegas AUST

psychotoxic187 wrote:

The closest star, would be the sun.
alpha centuri.....not the sun
psychotoxic187
+11|6705

philbymaris wrote:

psychotoxic187 wrote:

Wrong, the sun is the closest star to earth.

http://www.essex1.com/people/speer/stars.html
freebirdpat
Base Rapist
+5|6749

psychotoxic187 wrote:

philbymaris wrote:

psychotoxic187 wrote:

Wrong, the sun is the closest star to earth.

http://www.essex1.com/people/speer/stars.html
The closest star to the Earth is the Sun, the closest star to this solar system is Proxima Centauri in the Alpha Centauri star system.

freebirdpat wrote:

cyborg_ninja-117 wrote:

UFO= unidentify flying objects, thus meaning i think i saw sumthing in the sky, not sure what it is... its a UFO!!! run!!!! aliens!!. thats what ppl thought when they accidently saw the USAF's new prototype UCAV's. "its inhuman flying@!!" that just shows the real munuveralbility of the next gen jets. the closet star to our system, takes 40,000 yrs by the speed of light accourding to sum scientists. so no, aliens are not on earth
No. the closest star is like 4.2 light years away. So going at the speed of light would take you... 4.2 years to get there.

And there is 20 other stars within 12 lightyears.

Your scientists are smoking crack.
So lets get this straight cyborg_ninja-117 said the closest star to this SYSTEM, meaning the Solar system which INCLUDES THE SUN. So the closest star to this system is Proxima Centauri in the Alpha Centauri System. So there we go.

So you were wrong psychotoxic for not reading the topic. The closest star in relation to the discussion that was at hand was ALPHA CENTAURI's PROXIMA CENTAURI.

Last edited by freebirdpat (2005-12-31 15:09:31)

freebirdpat
Base Rapist
+5|6749

cyborg_ninja-117 wrote:

im just exagerating lol, but 1000 degrees C? just made of hydrogen and helium? no other gas? just hope nasa can find a creature that can live under those conditions
I don't think NASA will be around if we ever found that. Its like this, any life that we discovered that lived at 1000 degrees C, even if it was made of nothing but hydrogen and helium and maybe even something else or whatever, would not be like any life we have encountered more than likely.
BladeRunner
+5|6744|UK
UFOs are DEFINATELY real.
Whether they are space craft is a fifferent matter

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard