naightknifar
Served and Out
+642|6715|Southampton, UK

Guys - I have a dilemma
Here's the rundown:

I have a computer downstairs in the middle of my home - Next to it is a NETGEAR Wireless hub - connecting 4mb broadband through into the computer. This computer has 2142 on and is used by my brother and me.

Upstairs in my room, i have a brand new computer - awaiting to get 2142 on the 25th to install and play along side my brother (on the one downstairs) and you guys (by playing on my new one.)
This computer has a Wireless connection to the NETGEAR one next to the computer downstairs so therefore both can receive Internet.

Problem - When i am on upstairs (either on BF2 or just IE/Firefox), Downstairs (my brother on 2142) Gets VERY, repeated VERY jerky game. Not laggy, Jerky! Basically the "There is a problem with your connection type of jerky" but without the line " There is a problem blah blah blah.."

But if the computer downstairs is Off - And I'm on upstairs on BF2, i get "There is a problem with your connection" message and the major jerky issue. (obviously lasts for 10 seconds then goes back to game) but still unplayable.
And of course there is no way in hell that we can both play at the same time...

Does anyone have 2 computers linked via wireless router, Does anyone even use a wireless router?

Also, It is not the Speed being a problem- we have fast enough speed, it's just the Connection there is a problem with...

Help would be appreciated!
NO USELESS SPAM - THIS IS SERIOUS - CAN'T BE ASSED TO EVEN IGNORE NON-WITTY REMARKS
Thanks...

Last edited by Knightnifer (2006-12-18 10:08:41)

zeidmaan
+234|6568|Vienna

I dont have a wireless router, but a normal one. And I get the same "jerkiness" when someone on the other 3 PCs downloads something like torrents etc.
I know you said you dont do anything but there could be spyware or something else using the bandwith.
Try a program called TCPIP view.
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/sysint … pView.mspx
naightknifar
Served and Out

zeidmaan wrote:

I dont have a wireless router, but a normal one. And I get the same "jerkiness" when someone on the other 3 PCs downloads something like torrents etc.
I know you said you dont do anything but there could be spyware or something else using the bandwith.
Try a program called TCPIP view.
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/sysint … pView.mspx
No spyware - Do not worry.
Any other thoughts?
Slayer
---hates you
+1,137|6910|Hell, p.o box 666

Wlan sucks for gaming. I have the same problem since two month in my parents house. I get those "There is a problem with your connection" messages every 5-15 seconds, without ping raise or wlan loss. I´ve tried firmware update, no sucess, even worse since then. Sorry man, cant help. Maybe post the same in the techsection
naightknifar
Served and Out

Sl4y3r wrote:

Wlan sucks for gaming. I have the same problem since two month in my parents house. I get those "There is a problem with your connection" messages every 5-15 seconds, without ping raise or wlan loss. I´ve tried firmware update, no sucess, even worse since then. Sorry man, cant help. Maybe post the same in the techsection
Seems that is te exact problem i have.. no ping raise whatsoever! But so much connection problems!
Mike<Eagle23>
BF2sEU old school admin - I don't care who you are
+359|6881|Germany

WHAT THE...?!? You guys spammed 4, I mean four pages in less than 5 hours? I'm not, I repeat, I'm not going to read all that chatting, and now, please go and burn If not, I'll hang you at the next available tree. Thanks for reading. Bye.
NooBesT
Pizzahitler
+873|6622

Mike<Eagle23> wrote:

WHAT THE...?!? You guys spammed 4, I mean four pages in less than 5 hours? I'm not, I repeat, I'm not going to read all that chatting, and now, please go and burn If not, I'll hang you at the next available tree. Thanks for reading. Bye.
It's not spam, it's debate and serious talk.

Anyways I figured I need to say something before I go and sleep.

Hyvää yötä
https://i.imgur.com/S9bg2.png
Mike<Eagle23>
+359|6881|Germany

NooBesT[FiN] wrote:

Hyvää yötä
Heippa! Nähdään huomenna!
naightknifar
Served and Out

Mike<Eagle23> wrote:

THEN

Mike<Eagle23> wrote:

NooBesT[FiN] wrote:

Hyvää yötä
I say that's ironic, don't you?
l41e
+677|6802

Echo wrote:

I recently put in the eu 2142 game monitor sig to help promote it here on the forums but thats more of a temporary thing.
I stole that from you. IMO it actually looks pretty nice. Simple yet stylish. It broke yesterday so I replaced it with a sardonic comment, but I see yours is working so I'm going to steal the code again.
Mike<Eagle23>
+359|6881|Germany

Knightnifer wrote:

the first one yes (although I did not read the last pages)

The second one, why ironic?
theDude5B
Cool member
+804|6904
@ NooBest - Hyvää yötä
@Mike & Slayer - gute Nacht
@B3, Echo and Alpha - goede nacht
NooBesT
Pizzahitler
+873|6622

Knightnifer wrote:

Mike<Eagle23> wrote:

THEN

Mike<Eagle23> wrote:

NooBesT[FiN] wrote:

Hyvää yötä
But then again, he didn't have his part of spamming the 4 pages in less that 5 hours... I think he wants to catch up now when he cans.

Last edited by NooBesT[FiN] (2006-12-18 22:27:39)

https://i.imgur.com/S9bg2.png
Doperwt.
Anouk, Slayers little bitch
+80|6547|Belgium

Mike<Eagle23> wrote:

you should read those pages, they are pretty funny to read
B.Schuss
I'm back, baby... ( sort of )
+664|6995|Cologne, Germany

Knightnifer wrote:

Guys - I have a dilemma
Here's the rundown:

I have a computer downstairs in the middle of my home - Next to it is a NETGEAR Wireless hub - connecting 4mb broadband through into the computer. This computer has 2142 on and is used by my brother and me.

Upstairs in my room, i have a brand new computer - awaiting to get 2142 on the 25th to install and play along side my brother (on the one downstairs) and you guys (by playing on my new one.)
This computer has a Wireless connection to the NETGEAR one next to the computer downstairs so therefore both can receive Internet.

Problem - When i am on upstairs (either on BF2 or just IE/Firefox), Downstairs (my brother on 2142) Gets VERY, repeated VERY jerky game. Not laggy, Jerky! Basically the "There is a problem with your connection type of jerky" but without the line " There is a problem blah blah blah.."

But if the computer downstairs is Off - And I'm on upstairs on BF2, i get "There is a problem with your connection" message and the major jerky issue. (obviously lasts for 10 seconds then goes back to game) but still unplayable.

Does anyone have 2 computers linked via wireless router, Does anyone even use a wireless router?

Also, It is not the Speed being a problem- we have fast enough speed, it's just the Connection there is a problem with...

NO USELESS SPAM - THIS IS SERIOUS - CAN'T BE ASSED TO EVEN IGNORE NON-WITTY REMARKS
Thanks...
I suggest you have a look at the Tech section, I am certain you'll find help there.

As far as I know, Wireless ain't so good for gaming purposes. Have you tried to use a cable to see if that fixes the problem ? Most wireless routers will also have standard LAN outputs. Also, it would be good to post Manufacturer and modell of your router.
DoctorFruitloop
Level 13 Wrongdoer
+515|6700|Doncaster, UK
Morning guys.

Managed a couple of rounds yesterday, 2 horrendous rounds of Minsk and 1 decent round of Cerbere Landing.

Is it just me or does Minsk seem like a map which was specifically designed for Titan mode and then someone made it conquest as well as an afterthought. It's probably just me.

Anyhoo, good games and it was good to finally get on TS talking to some of you lot. The bit that stuck in my mind most was Aardfrith saying, "DrFruitloop knows where we are!" just after he'd put a Clarke shell in my skull.
DoctorFruitloop
Level 13 Wrongdoer
+515|6700|Doncaster, UK

B.Schuss wrote:

Knightnifer wrote:

Guys - I have a dilemma
Here's the rundown:

Thanks...
I suggest you have a look at the Tech section, I am certain you'll find help there.

As far as I know, Wireless ain't so good for gaming purposes. Have you tried to use a cable to see if that fixes the problem ? Most wireless routers will also have standard LAN outputs. Also, it would be good to post Manufacturer and modell of your router.
Just to clarify, are both comuters linked to the router wirelessly or is the one with the router next to it conencted through ethernet?
aardfrith
Δ > x > ¥
+145|6946

DoctorFruitloop wrote:

Morning guys.

Managed a couple of rounds yesterday, 2 horrendous rounds of Minsk and 1 decent round of Cerbere Landing.

Is it just me or does Minsk seem like a map which was specifically designed for Titan mode and then someone made it conquest as well as an afterthought. It's probably just me.

Anyhoo, good games and it was good to finally get on TS talking to some of you lot. The bit that stuck in my mind most was Aardfrith saying, "DrFruitloop knows where we are!" just after he'd put a Clarke shell in my skull.
Hey!  You were on the other side listening to all our strategic chatter.  I just had to teach you a lesson :p
DoctorFruitloop
Level 13 Wrongdoer
+515|6700|Doncaster, UK

aardfrith wrote:

DoctorFruitloop wrote:

Morning guys.

Hey!  You were on the other side listening to all our strategic chatter.  I just had to teach you a lesson :p
I was struggling to filter anything out of what was going on. I just saw loads of guys with orange shoulder pads and let go with the Shuko.

It seemed a little laggy for me last night, is that just normal with a 64 player map or was it due to some of the high pings?
scottomus0
Teh forum ghey!
+172|6790|Wigan. Manchester. England.
Well i usually lag on 64 no matter what map.
DoctorFruitloop
Level 13 Wrongdoer
+515|6700|Doncaster, UK
It wasn't completely unbearable, just when it got to CQC if some guy ran past me I'd lost him and that was it.

Last edited by DoctorFruitloop (2006-12-19 02:25:45)

superfly_cox
soup fly mod
+717|6935

Gillinator:  Play this Song for Your Girlfriend!

Special Christmas Song

Will certainly set that special mood during the holidays!
Gillenator
Evils Bammed Sex Machine
+129|6548|Evilsville
I will listen this @ home tonight.

But why is everyone calling me Gillinator.
It's Gillenator. With an e.
theDude5B
Cool member
+804|6904
@knightnifer, wasnt really listening to you last night when you were trying to explain your problem. from what I read, it sounds as if you are getting connection/jerky problems even if not one is on the computer downstairs. I suggest that maybe you should look into signal boosters, to maybe try and boost the signal. There are pretty cheap and easy to use, just a matter of plugging it into a power socket halfway between the router and the wireless computer.

I have used wireless routers before and some can be pretty bad for losing the signal all the time. even if the bars are up high and green (showing an excelent connection) it can change to very poor and then back to excelent in a matter of seconds, this will severly effect the connection on your computer because it might lose the connection to the game.
Jenspm
penis
+1,716|6886|St. Andrews / Oslo

Knightnifer wrote:

Guys - I have a dilemma
Here's the rundown:

Thanks...
I have 3, sometimes 4, PCs connected to the same, wirless internet... (I have a 6mb connection btw)

Firstly, is your brother's PC connected to the router with a cable or Wireless? How far away is your PC? What is the signal strength?
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/26774/flickricon.png https://twitter.com/phoenix/favicon.ico

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard