purdonkurt
+4|6402|New Zealand

Snake wrote:

purdonkurt wrote:

Hellogoodsir wrote:

Well, while I don't like your attitude, add the =ST6= Great Wall server to your favorites. Team switchers get kicked though, unless you switch to the PLA, which is cool.
Would you be kicked say if there were 12 on the PLA team and 11 on the EU team and you switched to EU, giving the EU 12 players and the PLA 11?
I think hes referring to the mass "belief" that everyone should swap to EU at the start of the game, making teams sort of like 15v5. By the time the smaller team even recovers players, they are out of the game.
So he was talking about more 'mass team switching'?
Phrozenbot
+632|6623|do not disturb

Well, yes, but here are my problem players.

The Weasel. The name says it all. They try to switch to the EU side if the number of players are uneven (like 21 players in the game, not 20; can't switch if it's 20 then you make teams uneven). If it's 5 on 5, or something even, and someone from the EU leaves, you can usually see them switching to the EU to take their place. While the teams are not uneven, it's still team switching, and doing it consistently will not sit well with me, or Sewermaster. So don't try 'weaseling' your way on the EU, unless you want to get kicked or banned.

Little bitch. If they are EU and the round ends, they leave because they have to play PLA next round. This ends up leaving a large gap of players, and those who played on the PLA the previous round usually have to switch back to even things out, and get less of a chance of playing the EU. They come back the next day when they can land a spot on the EU, and repeat. I'll usually switch to the PLA again because I've got my medal, and also I don't mind being the PLA. My friends have been pretty good about switching with me to help even teams, and my respect goes to them.

Award whore. These tards blatantly team switch no matter what, and like to grab the commander position so you can't switch them. These team switchers can be responsible for making teams 40 to 10. Usually generals who are looking to obtain all awards, at all costs. Mainly officers though. Once they get their award, they stop playing. Back to trying to get a high spot on the leader board by playing Karkand 24/7, or ruining everyone's fun by taking vehicles they can't use on other servers to get vet awards.

Lying douche. They switch to the EU, but when asked to move back, they say "the server switched mes!" Of all the time I've played on our server, it might have done this a few times and didn't allow me to switch back to the PLA unless I spawned, resulting in a suicide. This is very rare. 99% of the time, you get switched like you are supposed to, and I hear this bullshit way more than it really happens. Usually they argue they don't want to switch because they have to suicide, and when you kill them, alt-tab to switch them, they switch themselves back! KICKED!

If you don't practice these habits, you should be fine. If not, you are in danger of getting kicked/banned. We really don't want to kick/ban the little players we get sometimes, but don't think you can play us like that because of that. We have had a few players with this attitude who were regs, and the worst I've done is kicked them.
Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6573|England

...Bot has pretty much summed it up. And lol @ the names
Everyone used to do it on EA Jolt 24/7 Smoke Screen, and I would say the EU won about 80-95% of the time just because of teamswitching. Although it wasnt like that when I started playing, it soon turned into that. It wasnt uncommon to see the EU win 250-0.
I was just as bad a culprit, and I was a 1st Sgt. But it wasnt fun to play in a team where about 5 people spawned and the rest refused to spawn because they werent EU.
As a result, you often see players with 55hours in EU theatre with 50hours as EU for the medal. Although mine is 88 in theatre, and 73 as EU, that is no where near as bad as some of the people in the game.
I have to admit, I do mostly play as PLA on the Great Wall server (sometimes cos Bot switches me to even up the teams!!). And guess what...we usually win. So even if you do EU switch, dont expect to win all the time.

And personally, I think that this is why a lot of people hate EF - just because of the fucked up teams all round, every round.

Last edited by Snake (2006-12-15 08:53:21)

Enzzenmachine
+20|6353
I eventually got the game today and got no problem to install it and play it. the game is damn good, I already love it.

Thanks again snake for helping me a lil.
voodoosniper7
BF2s Nublet
+71|6446|somewhere other then here
i bought af adn ef on disc how do i register them with ea i created ea cc. now what i do?
GAIKIWARRIOR
Judge Death
+64|6751|PERTH WESTERN AUSTRALIA
hi guys . we have one EF server here in Oz. EAPlay.com bf2 #1 EF and AF . just recently we got this server populated , and its becoming popular again . we got some regular AF players and just changed servers . it has a high ping kicker tho , which spoils it , you see a lot of people fail to connect and get kicked . we normally get at least 6v6 . i ve got some of my clan members to play also (TOG)

if your in this region and want a game drop in , we try to swap teams at the end of rounds and keep it fair , some of our guys still have 49 hrs to get medal . i need 25 hrs , then ill play the baddies all the time , till everyone else medals up

Last edited by GAIKIWARRIOR (2006-12-17 19:41:32)

Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6573|England

Good to hear the Aussies have a server going too
Lately Ive been using www.game-monitor.com and I just search for ranked EF servers and theres a few of them going. The success of the =SF= Armoured Fury seems to have really kick started their EF server as well, which hasnt been up long and is already quite popular

purdonkurt wrote:

Snake wrote:

purdonkurt wrote:

Would you be kicked say if there were 12 on the PLA team and 11 on the EU team and you switched to EU, giving the EU 12 players and the PLA 11?
I think hes referring to the mass "belief" that everyone should swap to EU at the start of the game, making teams sort of like 15v5. By the time the smaller team even recovers players, they are out of the game.
So he was talking about more 'mass team switching'?

GAIKIWARRIOR wrote:

if your in this region and want a game drop in , we try to swap teams at the end of rounds and keep it fair , some of our guys still have 49 hrs to get medal . i need 25 hrs , then ill play the baddies all the time , till everyone else medals up
As if Bot didnt answer you well enough, that also sums it up.

Last edited by Snake (2006-12-18 01:06:43)

Phrozenbot
+632|6623|do not disturb

Lol thanks Snake. Most of the SF guys play on the AF server, and usually get their ass handed to them. They need to play their EF server more, but they don't play Great Wall!

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard