purdonkurt
+4|6396|New Zealand

fatherted13 wrote:

i think if it goes down as [killed] it doesnt count. not sure tho
It does. I got at least one [Killed], finished the round with exactly 20 kills, yet still got Veteran Explosives Ordinance.
killer21
Because f*ck you that's why.
+400|6592|Reisterstown, MD

How I got expert explosives:

About 5-10 claymore kills on Warlord.  Then the rest was jihad jeeping...even got kmal several times..
im_in_heaven
+27|6589
good job . i had a hard time getting the vet one and alwasy getting stiffed with only one to go. That happened like 20 rounds lol. Im not attempting my expert explosive yet its hard lol
arabeater
Do you have any idea how fooking busy I am?
+49|6682|Colorado Springs, CO
got mine back with the 1.12 patch and alot of C4 hopping/tossing suicides.
turkeybacon
+50|6447|Dragon Valley
I clayedwhored a few rounds on karkand I/O, got close, didnt quite get it, next day tried again, got it first try. Lay down 2, find ammo and have 2 more in your hand. Stick close to the action, plant at chokepoints, practice. It might take a few rounds. Another option is C4, it could be done either way but I found clays easier.

Oh and make sure you have your 300 explosives kills first, one round I *knew* I got the medal, I was counting, I counted like 36 and was wondering wtf. I didnt have enough global kills, so get those first or you'll be pissed like I was.

Last edited by turkeybacon (2006-12-17 23:58:16)

RittmeistA
+0|6726|lowest zaXXon
Good job Oberst-Leutnant...
He has done it the way its ment to be...the c4-cars suck..and most of the guys blow themselves away while ramming ...lol...
SteikeTa
+153|6749|Norway/Norwegen/ Norge/Noruega

zomfglol wrote:

With retarded Claymores and 30 kills only it's so freaking easy.
I got it the hard way, 37 kills, with C4's in a full Karkand.
OOhh, I got it the same way. The fun way. C4 chucking. Damn how I miss those times! Full Sharqi 64 server. Gotten it 3-4 times. Its very easy......
Delphy
+45|6587|Bristol, UK

fatherted13 wrote:

petermassingale wrote:

fatherted13 wrote:

i think if it goes down as [killed] it doesnt count. not sure tho
Really, it doesn't count?
So you don't even get two points?!
Or do you just mean it doesn't count as an explosive kill?
you still get two points, it just doesnt get counted as a explosive kill- i think
[killed] is when you're dead and someone trips a clay or mine you laid previously, and you do get the points/explosive kill etc. You also get that when you blow up a barrel next to a guy.
J=MAN
+25|6659|OZ

88mm wrote:

Yeah, finally got it .... Expert Explosive Ordinance !!

http://img145.imageshack.us/img145/9951 … ls0.th.jpg

Here are the basic conditions:
  • Playing Sniper and using Claymores. This is better than trying with C4 runs (that was how I got Vet Explosive ... with a lot of suicides ).
  • Infantry only map. Vehicles tend to make for shorter games and fewer people running into your Claymores.... .
  • Half-full 64-player Karkand map. This is important because full maps last too short. Too few players is also bad, because then there is not enough 'action'.
  • Two teams that are balanced and want to win. This is important as such a game lasts longer because flags are contested all the time. At least one flag must be US controlled on Karkand for the game to last .

So last night all the conditions were met. The initial attack on Hotel was fierce and gave me 16 Claymore kills pretty fast, with about 220 tickets left. Then Suburb (I think) fell. This distraction meant that Hotel also did fall, which meant that I got about 7 more Claymore defending Square. Then Square also fell. At this point it is usually difficult to get many more Claymore kills... But the teams were balanced, and my team managed to defend Train, and  I got 3 more here. Finally we counter-attacked Square, and I got the last 4 around this flag (see the picture).

I managed to get another 2 Claymore kills and even had time to play some Medic. After a round of about 50 minutes my MEC team won 2-0 ... which just shows how important time and balanced teams are.

Also important is that I had only 1 [Killed] result and the rest were [Claymore] . That's luck.

So, I would say that this badge is 50% long map, 30% skill and 20% good luck .....
Congrats mate! You'll know how envious I am when you click on my stats and see that crappy bronze Explosives badge.

But the burning question is: How many teamkills did you end up with? I've never had much luck going for the badge with claymores; no matter how cleverly I try to lay them, idiot teamies make for them like moths to a bug-zapper...
[n00b]Tyler
Banned
+505|6596|Iceland

arabeater wrote:

got mine back with the 1.12 patch and alot of C4 hopping/tossing suicides.
lol me too
Stubbee
Religions Hate Facts, Questions and Doubts
+223|6745|Reality

zomfglol wrote:

With retarded Claymores and 30 kills only it's so freaking easy.
I got it the hard way, 37 kills, with C4's in a full Karkand.
Back when dolphin diving/c4 throwing and bunny hopping were skills?

I did mine like 88mm but more aggressive. I didn't need the commander because ammo bags were strewn about like cigarette butts.

Put down 1 or 2, depending on location. Hide in a conveniently nearby location. Wait for detonation. Immediately, throw down another claymore while the medic is reviving. Most medics are so intent on their 2 points that even if they see you they will still revive their teammate even with a claymore staring them in the face. 2 more kills.

Another tactic is to wait until a squad tried to cap a flag like Market (karkand) or back alley(sharqi) then rush out and drop both claymores and hopefully survive. 5 kills once!

Got the badge with 150 tickets to go and yes, VERY statisfying 2nd try too!

Last edited by Stubbee (2006-12-18 03:15:41)

The US economy is a giant Ponzi scheme. And 'to big to fail' is code speak for 'niahnahniahniahnah 99 percenters'
Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6654
bah I got mine jihad jeeping, not faggoty claymore whoring.
https://i.imgur.com/HTmoH.jpg
Spiers.ckz
+10|6530
If you think spamming claymores is gay, then how can you think that jihad-jeeping is just fine??

and dont give me the "it takes skill" speech.... cuz it really doesnt.
Fenris_GreyClaw
Real Хорошо
+826|6521|Adelaide, South Australia

Spiers.ckz wrote:

If you think spamming claymores is gay, then how can you think that jihad-jeeping is just fine??

and dont give me the "it takes skill" speech.... cuz it really doesnt.
It still takes more skill than Claywhoring.
Spiers.ckz
+10|6530
maybe a little... but not enough to make a difference.
Fenris_GreyClaw
Real Хорошо
+826|6521|Adelaide, South Australia

Spiers.ckz wrote:

maybe a little... but not enough to make a difference.
Well think about it:

First, you have to actually get a car/buggy and set your C4.

Then, you have to not only find an enemy tank/APC, but dodge enemy mines/AT rockets too.

After, you have to contend with the tank/APC itself by dodging it's fire or sneaking up behind it.

And there's always the chance you may not destroy the tank, so you have to then go up and C4 it yourself.

It's a lot harder than a lot of people think.
MagikTrik
yes.....but your still gay
+138|6372|Pittsburgh, PA USA
This will probably sound fruity but isn't that explosives badge like the ugliest badge ever? You'd think since it's probably one of the hardest ones to get they'd at least put a little bit of facking effort into the badge itself, it looks like the spike pits from the kitty canon I was playin yesterday in the .swf fun thread!

*Edit:* spelling.....of course

Last edited by MagikTrik (2006-12-18 05:59:50)

Spiers.ckz
+10|6530

MagikTrik wrote:

This will probably sound fruity but isn't that explosives badge like the ugliest badge ever? You'd think since it's probably one of the hardest ones to get they'd at least put a little bit of facking effort into the badge itself, it looks like the spike pits from the kitty canon I was playin yesterday in the .swf fun thread!

*Edit:* spelling.....of course
they could have made it depicting two men doing stuff that illegal in some states and people would still get it.

but to reply to fenris...

True it does take more time and a little more skill. But another aspect is what EA intended C4 to be used for.
I am pretty sure claymores where intended to be set at areas where the enemy is likely to show up. C4 on the other hand probably wasn't intended to be set on your own jeep.

I can agree that both are pretty gay, but you use what you got ...right? So to say that one thing should be allowed and the other shouldn't, would be like only banning some cheats. Figuratively speaking.
Drunken_Tankdriver
+81|6653

specops10-4 wrote:

jihad on jalalabad
lol....
https://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/sh/type/2/acebigmack.png
']['error
Banned
+630|6645|The Netherlands
Pistol/knife server
s()mtingWong
+48|6694
I got my expert explosive way back in the c4 chucking days. To get the badge now i think would be a challenge.
Fredrik
i hate you all
+201|6650|Norway
I got my exp. explosive when i was gunnery sgt...

And why on earth would you care about getting that badge when you had to be the lame faggot kid spamming those retarded coward gaymores and ruin the game play for everyone on the server to get it?

Everyone`s got the badge now anyway after the "nerf C4-badge down to 30 and ff off" patch, if you got it before patch 1.2 it would show some skills, but now it does`nt, it`s like the wcr ribbon, to easy.

I`m sorry, i dont mean to sound like a ass or a flamer or anything, i just had to get that out... You guys disgust me!

Think about this: What if everyone ran around like smurfs defending flags with clay, would that be fun eh?
Hurricane
Banned
+1,153|6632|Washington, DC

I got it jihad jeeping on Warlord, after 1.3. It really wasn't that hard. Grab ATV, put C4 on front, slam full speed into tank. You get 2 points and a kill, he gets 2 points and a kill, everyone wins.
Computer_Guy
+54|6698
I got mine c4 throwing back in the days of patch 1.12.
ReTox
+100|6500|State of RETOXification

Fredrik wrote:

And why on earth would you care about getting that badge when you had to be the lame faggot kid spamming those retarded coward gaymores and ruin the game play for everyone on the server to get it?
Welcome to BF2, now get over it!  The same damn thing can be said for everything in this game.  "Oh no, damn C4 whores are ruining my game....  Oh no, damn Jet whores are ruining my game....  Oh no, damn tank whores are ruining my game".

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard