demondspawn
+7|6778|Aussie in the UK

CyrusTheVirus wrote:

adam1503 wrote:

Cyrus, your country is the one crying our for help right now.  What was it George said after that power shift in the US... "Got any ideas?". He hasn't got a clue what to do has he.  But this post isnt about Iraq, its about America's arrogant attitude to the rest of the world and how many Americans like yourself seem to think they are better than everyone else.  Not all Americans, mind, but some.
Well let me see. We're the richest country in the world. We have the best military in the world. We're the leading country in the world in innovation and technology development. We selflessly step in to liberate oppressed people across the globe, including Western Europe in WWII. Better? You do the math.
You say you are the leading country in the world in innovation and technology and development, you are also the leading country in pollution well done.

you say you selflessly step in to liberate oppressed people across the globe, only if there is something in it for you like OIL.

you take 3 years to come into WWII and then say you won the war LOL,the british may have had the backs against the wall but they were still in there fighting.

you say you have the best military in the world, i have been on exercise with them they are not that good they are poorly trained, they may have all the equipment under the sun but they do not know how to use it, unless you are on about a military that is good at killing there own men in blue on blue incidents, although your special forces are ok but not as good as the SAS or SBS

Last edited by demondspawn (2006-12-17 06:13:53)

CyrusTheVirus
E PLURIBUS UNUM
+36|6490|United States of America

demondspawn wrote:

You say you are the leading country in the world in innovation and technology and development, you are also the leading country in pollution well done.

you say you selflessly step in to liberate oppressed people across the globe, only if there is something in it for you like OIL.

you take 3 years to come into WWII and then say you won the war LOL,the british may have had the backs against the wall but they were still in there fighting.

you say you have the best military in the world, i have been on exercise with them they are not that good they are poorly trained, they may have all the equipment under the sun but they do not know how to use it, unless you are on about a military that is good at killing there own men in blue on blue incidents, although your special forces are ok but not as good as the SAS or SBS
Sounds like someone is suffering from some jealousy issues! If we wanted to flatten your country we could do it in half a day. Cheers for the gratitude on the fact you aren't posting this in your second language (Russian or German being your first).
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6789|PNW

adam1503 wrote:

Okay, so this is a pretty big question.  A lot of Americans seem to believe that their country was solely responsible for saving Europe from Nazi occupation during WWII.  They claim to have single-handedly won the war and to have saved everyone.
Let me counter that with another question:

How responsible is any lone country for winning WWII?

demondspawn wrote:

you take 3 years to come into WWII and then say you won the war LOL,
Fascinating prose. It makes me want to believe everything you type...

Last edited by unnamednewbie13 (2006-12-17 09:58:34)

Wolfren
+6|6681|USA

kilgoretrout wrote:

adam1503 wrote:

We should clear this up once and for all: the US cannot claim to have saved Europe from the Nazis.  The US did not win the war alone.
You really think a bunch of people on a Battlefield 2 forum can clear any issue up once and for all?  Heh, good luck.  Anyway, I'm an American, and I believe we basically won the Pacific war, but we had crucial help on that front.  The Russians were crucial to winning the Eastern Eurpoean front, and if the Europeans didn't have the help of US troops, they would not have been able to win the Western European front.  I'm not saying we did it single-handedly.  However, I would argue that without the US, the Allies probably would not have won the war.  Also, without the Russians, the Allies probably would not have won.  Without both the US and Russia, all of Europe would be speaking German right now, that's for sure...
Im American and I agree with this statement.
commissargizz
+123|6480| Heaven
The US will win all the fights past, present, future.
Well lets see........(said in the roughest, toughest voice I can muster) "come on then shit for brains, outside you fuckin' faggot, I'll have you, I'll send home in a fucking ambulance."
Cheddarmuff
+21|6669

adam1503 wrote:

Okay, so this is a pretty big question.  A lot of Americans seem to believe that their country was solely responsible for saving Europe from Nazi occupation during WWII.  They claim to have single-handedly won the war and to have saved everyone.

On the other hand, many Europeans (infact, most of the rest of the world) believe that America didn't play as crucial a role as they lay claim to.  America joined the war more than half-way through, and only after they were bombed at Pearl Harbour.  They also were responsible for introducing the fission bomb to the world, and for using two on Japan.

Is it just me, or are many Americans full of crap?  How can they claim to have won the war and to have saved Europe from the Nazis?  Who liberated much of mainland Europe from Nazi occupation? Who was able to fend off the Nazi war machine from invasion during the Blitz years?

We should clear this up once and for all: the US cannot claim to have saved Europe from the Nazis.  The US did not win the war alone.

(EDIT: I wanted to add a poll here, but there doesn't seem to be an option for it...)
Adam, I don't know any other way to say this but to say that is one of the most IGNORANT posts I have read here.  I would guess you are a teenager or someone that things they are smarter and better than they really are.

Think about it this way, if the US hadn't gotten involved in the war or provided all the support that they did before joining the war (weapons, planes, food, supplies, etc.) then everyone in Europe (and the UK) would be speaking German right now.

The French were useless....the British while putting up a good fight were limited to defending their own land before the USA got involved...the Spanish, Portuguese, Dutch, etc, etc, etc, were all defeated.  Sure Hitler may not have gotten into Russia, at least not for a while or ever, he still would have held Europe.

It is amazing how stupid people can be, it is like the French who were desecrating the American grave sites in Normandy after the Iraqi war started...what a bunch of USELESS UNGREATFUL COCK SUCKERS!!!!  American's DIED to help out others, there was no threat of Hitler attacking the USA.  And all you can do is say you don't want the American's buried there "polluting" your soil.  You DON'T DESERVE YOUR SOIL!!!

So Adam in summary, YES without us you would not have won WWII, YES you are clueless and YES I hold little hope for you in the future.
demondspawn
+7|6778|Aussie in the UK

WoSL ChemWarrior wrote:

LostFate wrote:

Fancy_Pollux wrote:

Looks like the kids are home from school for their winter break...

Wow. You think the U.S. army is poorly trained? Are you kidding me? And you're actually suggesting that we do not have superior technology, but rely on numbers instead?

The U.S army is one of, if not the best trained military in the world.

As for technology, the list just goes on and on and on...

F-22s, Stealth fighters/bombers, space program, Aegis combat system, mirvs, cruise missiles, ohio class submarines, Mk-48 ADCAP torpedoes, Supercarriers, etc etc etc etc.

To argue that the United States does not have the best technology and say that "the American army is just a bunch of poorly trained cowboys" is a quick way to make yourself look foolish. Seriously, where do you get your information? It is the training and the technology that makes the United States military number one...the numbers only complement it.
i get it because I'm a British solider in the royal guards division and i recently did my first tour of Iraq an we were stationed with some American troops an if you seriously think there one of the best trained army in the world you need to think again, they were undisciplined an not aware of the situation at all.
After 9 years in with 2 of those served with a Ranger Bn, I can tell you that most of what you must have been around was probably Reserve and National Guard. That is most of what is over there now. That and the Brits who stay in the rear with the gear...
LOL another kid trying to make out he is RAMBO

Last edited by demondspawn (2006-12-17 11:02:29)

demondspawn
+7|6778|Aussie in the UK

CyrusTheVirus wrote:

demondspawn wrote:

Sounds like someone is suffering from some jealousy issues! If we wanted to flatten your country we could do it in half a day. Cheers for the gratitude on the fact you aren't posting this in your second language (Russian or German being your first).
YER you could flatten our country if you could find it, but that is all you could do just like Vietnam, do a bit of carpet bombing all you any good at, some of you Americans think you are the only people on this planet and we could not do anything with out you well i would love to find out how well we would do with out you, im thinking we would be fine.

And as for you CyrusTheVirus think you should get out of your perents basement and look at the real world, or just go get yourself a gun and shoot up your high school

http://www.waleg.com/polls/show_results … mplateid=1

Last edited by demondspawn (2006-12-17 10:59:23)

Fancy_Pollux
Connoisseur of Fine Wine
+1,306|6663
I don't think the war could have been won had any of the allies not fought in it. For those of you who think the war would've been won without the US, answer this one question. What would you have done about Japan?
demondspawn
+7|6778|Aussie in the UK

Fancy_Pollux wrote:

I don't think the war could have been won had any of the allies not fought in it. For those of you who think the war would've been won without the US, answer this one question. What would you have done about Japan?
I have no problem with that i just hate people that think we can not do anything with out the USA, plus the British were fighting the japs as well
Fancy_Pollux
Connoisseur of Fine Wine
+1,306|6663

demondspawn wrote:

Fancy_Pollux wrote:

I have no problem with that i just hate people that think we can not do anything with out the USA, plus the British were fighting the japs as well
Why? You couldn't have done anything without the US, just as we couldn't have done anything without Britain or Russia.

Last edited by Fancy_Pollux (2006-12-17 11:04:14)

mcgid1
Meh...
+129|6733|Austin, TX/San Antonio, TX

demondspawn wrote:

For those three years the US was still supporting the allied powers through the lend lease program.  Considering the amount of war material supplied, the US was still playing a major role even if it wasn't fighting.

And to the topic, could the allies have won the war without US intervention?  Possibly, if Russia was able to hold out.
Could the allies have won it as quickly and decisively as they did? No.
Fancy_Pollux
Connoisseur of Fine Wine
+1,306|6663

mcgid1 wrote:

demondspawn wrote:

For those three years the US was still supporting the allied powers through the lend lease program.  Considering the amount of war material supplied, the US was still playing a major role even if it wasn't fighting.

And to the topic, could the allies have won the war without US intervention?  Possibly, if Russia was able to hold out.
Could the allies have won it as quickly and decisively as they did? No.
Again, you're forgetting about Japan. It took 2 nuclear bombs to get them to surrender. They had a very formidable navy, army, and air force, and would have fought to the last man had we not overwhelmed them with nuclear weapons. Imagine how dire the situation would have been on the European front alone had the US not intervened? Now imagine that plus having to deal with Japan.

Last edited by Fancy_Pollux (2006-12-17 11:10:52)

Mackaronen
+18|6654|Uppland, Sweden
Oh! The topic that never gonna get old. I belive that the war probably would have ended the same as it did without the americans aid. But it would not been resolved so quick as it did.  But i am very gratefull to the american soldiers who fought i WW2, they saved the world from many years of suffering.  But i am a bit pissed of with them for not taking on the Soviet union in the moment of weakness just after taking europe.
arabeater
Do you have any idea how fooking busy I am?
+49|6697|Colorado Springs, CO

Cheddarmuff wrote:

adam1503 wrote:

On the other hand, many Europeans (infact, most of the rest of the world) believe that America didn't play as crucial a role as they lay claim to.  America joined the war more than half-way through, and only after they were bombed at Pearl Harbour.  They also were responsible for introducing the fission bomb to the world, and for using two on Japan.

Is it just me, or are many Americans full of crap?  How can they claim to have won the war and to have saved Europe from the Nazis?  Who liberated much of mainland Europe from Nazi occupation? Who was able to fend off the Nazi war machine from invasion during the Blitz years?

(EDIT: I wanted to add a poll here, but there doesn't seem to be an option for it...)
Adam, I don't know any other way to say this but to say that is one of the most IGNORANT posts I have read here.  I would guess you are a teenager or someone that things they are smarter and better than they really are.

Think about it this way, if the US hadn't gotten involved in the war or provided all the support that they did before joining the war (weapons, planes, food, supplies, etc.) then everyone in Europe (and the UK) would be speaking German right now.

The French were useless....the British while putting up a good fight were limited to defending their own land before the USA got involved...the Spanish, Portuguese, Dutch, etc, etc, etc, were all defeated.  Sure Hitler may not have gotten into Russia, at least not for a while or ever, he still would have held Europe.

It is amazing how stupid people can be, it is like the French who were desecrating the American grave sites in Normandy after the Iraqi war started...what a bunch of USELESS UNGREATFUL COCK SUCKERS!!!!  American's DIED to help out others, there was no threat of Hitler attacking the USA.  And all you can do is say you don't want the American's buried there "polluting" your soil.  You DON'T DESERVE YOUR SOIL!!!

So Adam in summary, YES without us you would not have won WWII, YES you are clueless and YES I hold little hope for you in the future.
Yea man I totally agree. I hate it when I see an "allie" of ours be so ungrateful and disrespecting. I mean would you rather of not the US aided you guys in WW2? Sometimes I wonder if Europe wouldnt have been better with or without the Nazis serving you a nice dose of discipline. I have served with alot of Brits, Germans and Italians and I know most of them to be loyal to their country and to their allies including the US.
commissargizz
+123|6480| Heaven
Hello the Spanish were NEUTRAL during war.   LOL, someone else who needs to do some research.
demondspawn
+7|6778|Aussie in the UK
Yer good one when what we needed was manpower not just guns, tanks and ships.

Again, you're forgetting about Japan. It took 2 nuclear bombs to get them to surrender. They had a very formidable navy, army, and air force, and would have fought to the last man had we not overwhelmed them with nuclear weapons. Imagine how dire the situation would have been on the European front alone had the US not intervened? Now imagine that plus having to deal with Japan.
so are you saying i should be grateful for pearl harbor as it got the USA in to the war.

Yea man I totally agree. I hate it when I see an "allie" of ours be so ungrateful and disrespecting. I mean would you rather of not the US aided you guys in WW2? Sometimes I wonder if Europe wouldnt have been better with or without the Nazis serving you a nice dose of discipline. I have served with alot of Brits, Germans and Italians and I know most of them to be loyal to their country and to their allies including the US.
I never said i was not grateful for the help the USA gave us in WWII, i just dont like people that make out that Europe can not do anything with out the USA, i have nothing against Americans well not all of them just those that think America is the answer to the world problems when the cause some of them.
demondspawn
+7|6778|Aussie in the UK
But the USA were not the only people on the Manhattan project. 

Atomic Bomb
        The atomic bomb was invented by two refugee German scientists in Britain, Professor Rudolph Peierls and Otto Frisch, of Birmingham University. They designed a "blue-print" for making an atom bomb in 1940

It actually began when the Italian-born physicist Enrico Fermi, working in the United States, invented an apparatus which produced the first atomic chain reactions. In 1940 both the Americans and British were researching the atom bomb and when the United States entered WW2, the British joined the American "Manhattan Project" and production of the bomb went on ahead in the US.

Last edited by demondspawn (2006-12-17 13:03:31)

arabeater

demondspawn wrote:

Yer good one when what we needed was manpower not just guns, tanks and ships.

so are you saying i should be grateful for pearl harbor as it got the USA in to the war.

I never said i was not grateful for the help the USA gave us in WWII, i just dont like people that make out that Europe can not do anything with out the USA, i have nothing against Americans well not all of them just those that think America is the answer to the world problems when the cause some of them.
I dont think that the US is the answer to all of the worlds problems but I do think that we are the only ones that are trying to do something about it. Albeit we arent going about trying to fix them in the right way but at least we are trying to stand up against North Korea and Iran. I just find it ironic that Europe only calls us their allie whenever it benefits them such as WW2 and WW1. Thats why I think its a shadey alliance. Dont get me wrong I do call the UK an ally but for the rest of Europe its a we'll call the US when we get attacked and need your troops to defeat the enemy alliance.
arabeater

Mackaronen wrote:

Oh! The topic that never gonna get old. I belive that the war probably would have ended the same as it did without the americans aid. But it would not been resolved so quick as it did.  But i am very gratefull to the american soldiers who fought i WW2, they saved the world from many years of suffering.  But i am a bit pissed of with them for not taking on the Soviet union in the moment of weakness just after taking europe.
Oh i'm sorry that the big bad US didnt take care of them for you. As if helping defeat the Nazis wasnt enough for you. This is exactly my point of Europe only calling us allies whenever they need military help. I do agree that we shouldve pushed the Soviets back to their own border at least though instead of letting them have all of Eastern Europe.
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6791|Noizyland

R3v4n wrote:

Rofl, what you 10th graders forget, is that the war was won by the Allies, each country played its part, no one country won the war!
QFE
Generally the US are seen a winning the war in Europe and the Pacific, the Brits won in Africa and Italy and the Russians won in the East. The thing is, in each theater there were were groups from all the different allied groups, (except the Eastern Front which was all Russian.) People seem to forget also, that nations like Australia, Canada, New Zealand, France, Belgium, etc. all played crucial roles, often battles which were seen as won by the US or Britain were actually won more by the smaller Allied nations.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
arabeater

LostFate wrote:

Fancy_Pollux wrote:

LostFate wrote:

best army in the world? from what i hear the American army is just a bunch of poorly trained cowboys an the only reason there decent is the fact that there bigger than most in numbers as for the technology? care to share which is better than anyone else's?
Looks like the kids are home from school for their winter break...

Wow. You think the U.S. army is poorly trained? Are you kidding me? And you're actually suggesting that we do not have superior technology, but rely on numbers instead?

The U.S army is one of, if not the best trained military in the world.

As for technology, the list just goes on and on and on...

F-22s, Stealth fighters/bombers, space program, Aegis combat system, mirvs, cruise missiles, ohio class submarines, Mk-48 ADCAP torpedoes, Supercarriers, etc etc etc etc.

To argue that the United States does not have the best technology and say that "the American army is just a bunch of poorly trained cowboys" is a quick way to make yourself look foolish. Seriously, where do you get your information? It is the training and the technology that makes the United States military number one...the numbers only complement it.
i get it because I'm a British solider in the royal guards division and i recently did my first tour of Iraq an we were stationed with some American troops an if you seriously think there one of the best trained army in the world you need to think again, they were undisciplined an not aware of the situation at all.
Again here goes some more stereotyping of an entire military just because you came across a few idiots. I agree that we do have idiots in our Armed Forces but guess what so do you and so does every other military in the world. I am in the US Air Force and I have worked with some Brit Royal marines and trust me they werent the smartest bunch of guys ive met but I would never say they were dumb or foolish because I respect them as an ally and for helping us with fighting the terrorists and insurgents. Damn man I find it hard to believe that you are who you say you are because being in the military and a supposed ally of the US you would think that you have some respect for ypur allies as I do for mine.
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6791|Noizyland

Japan's only enemy were the United States. They helped the Germans and the Germans helped them and by fighting the Germans the US were in turn hurting the Japs. If the US hadn't entered th European war I believe that the Germans would have eventually lost, no doubt the US shortened the time of the war considerably. There would have been the war in Europe and the Japan-American war had the US decided not to help Britain & co with invading mainland Europe.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
arabeater

Ty wrote:

R3v4n wrote:

Rofl, what you 10th graders forget, is that the war was won by the Allies, each country played its part, no one country won the war!
QFE
Generally the US are seen a winning the war in Europe and the Pacific, the Brits won in Africa and Italy and the Russians won in the East. The thing is, in each theater there were were groups from all the different allied groups, (except the Eastern Front which was all Russian.) People seem to forget also, that nations like Australia, Canada, New Zealand, France, Belgium, etc. all played crucial roles, often battles which were seen as won by the US or Britain were actually won more by the smaller Allied nations.
True. And when I was in Iraq last year I went on patrol with an Aussie unit and we were attacked by s group of insurgents and the Aussies pretty much took care of them with ease. I have alot of respect for my allies.
arabeater

Ty wrote:

Japan's only enemy were the United States. They helped the Germans and the Germans helped them and by fighting the Germans the US were in turn hurting the Japs. If the US hadn't entered th European war I believe that the Germans would have eventually lost, no doubt the US shortened the time of the war considerably. There would have been the war in Europe and the Japan-American war had the US decided not to help Britain & co with invading mainland Europe.
Yea Germanys biggest mistake was allying itself with Japan. That pretty much sealed their doom by giving the US a reason to enter the European Campaign, even though i'm sure we would have entered it anyways.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard