Tetrino
International OMGWTFBBQ
+200|6731|Uhh... erm...
Newb: Someone new to the game, not very skilled at the game, trying to improve, learning the ropes, overall nice guys who want to play for fun.

Noob: Bunny-hopping, dolphin-diving, TKing, punishing, cussing whackos who run into mines and ruin the game for everyone.

cablecopulate
+449|6738|Massachusetts.
"Hey, thanks!"
KillerAFET
+3|6780|Abilene, Texas

Tetrino wrote:

Newb: Someone new to the game, not very skilled at the game, trying to improve, learning the ropes, overall nice guys who want to play for fun.

Noob: Bunny-hopping, dolphin-diving, TKing, punishing, cussing whackos who run into mines and ruin the game for everyone.

Yep, both are nice targets for the reasons listed.  Too bad Newbs grow up and play and NOOBS do not.  Thank goodness bunny hoppers are an endangered species with a pending release.  Darn, just when I got the technique down on killing hoppers in the air (love the DAO-12)
-(PK)-DarkIllusion
+1|6840
isn't it the other way around?
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6775|Noizyland

Curse you to Hell Tetrino, I was in the middle of writing my solid defining post on the word n00b. I have mentioned you as just before I had finished writing it, I went to the homepage and saw this topic. However, my post elaborates on this issue.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
BlueScreen
I am the pwnage! Bitches!
+5|6739|Finland
Tetrino
International OMGWTFBBQ
+200|6731|Uhh... erm...
I'm really sorry, Tyf. My bad.
topal63
. . .
+533|6718

Tetrino wrote:

Gee if what you do is annoying to me - you're a NOOB. And if I do something that is annoying to you - I am a NOOB.

Hmm(?). . . and therefore: everyone is a NOOB!

And further considering everyone is a NOOB (and/or possibly a WHORE!) It think it is a justifiable request to stop using these utterly stupid words EVER AGAIN.

And further! Therefore anyone who uses the term NOOB is the NOOB and anyone who doesn't - isn't.

Last edited by topal63 (2005-12-29 15:16:01)

bEAv3D
+24|6694|Fayettenam, NC USA

topal63 wrote:

And further! Therefore anyone who uses the term NOOB is the NOOB and anyone who doesn't - isn't.
NOOB!! 
banndontv
+-1|6748
not much difference really.  Saying either makes you look like a total fuckcake.
Hyper
Banned
+154|6751
what he said^^^^^
idiotofwar
Jet Rammer
+4|6727|Debris From Space
"Ten-Four".
supa_fly52
Save a Mouse, Eat a Pussy
+8|6755|Gold Coast, Australia
whts wrong with dolphin jumping, i find it much faster than sprinting then walking, also it helps alot when your trying to get a C4 Badge. And Bunny hopping keeps you alive, if your reloading or a sniper in close combat with a support gunner. If it keeps me alive, ill do it, jump, jump, jump while the enemy emptys his magazine, and prone and for the head and shoot while hes reloading.
chitlin
Banned
+36|6763
the difference is one llama faggot who cant think for himself and has never had an original thought in his life chooses to spell it one way whereas the same nonthinking douchefuck chooses to spell it another way
topal63
. . .
+533|6718

banndontv wrote:

not much difference really.  Saying either makes you look like a total fuckcake.
Me likey! Honestly FUCK is an awesome word and I had never seen it combined with CAKE before. . .

I like that combo: fuckcake!
polarbearz
Raiders of the Lost Bear
+-1,474|6789|Singapore

Spelling.
D-Rays23
+0|6696|St. Petersburg, FL
I love bunnyhoppers. They're great bait for the AK-101.
GotMex?
$623,493,674,868,715.98 in Debt
+193|6763

Here is the end all for all the "noob" "haxor" '1337" discussions, enjoy;

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Haxor
nelson496
+3|6785
oh man, a couple days ago on a Mastuur map.  I think it was SUX2BU gaming server.  There was a sore loser calling everybody a noob everytime he gets killed.  "OMFG! I got noob tubed!!" "Haxor!!".  The admin finally had enough and kicked him out.  Some people just take the game too seriously.
[MAA]MI2
+3|6773
"enemy boat spotted"
sparklet
Banned
+34|6748|stop corecting my grammer!!!!!
IM A n00b i like to piss ppl off
Dilligas
+6|6782
Hey BlueScreen, can you put up something larger...can not read your sig

Last edited by Dilligas (2006-02-27 22:55:44)

ComradeWho
+50|6695|Southern California

Tetrino wrote:

revised:

Noob: someone who complains about standard features in the game (sometimes which don't even exist anymore) such as jumping frequently and diving to avoid enemy fire or who display any other signs of a pervasive inability to learn basic fundamentals of practical gameplay over an extended period of time. As opposed to "Newb," a player which will learn basic fundamentals of gameplay within a reasonable amount of time and experience advanced tactics as obstacles to be overcome.
Tetrino
International OMGWTFBBQ
+200|6731|Uhh... erm...
Mex, why the hell would you resurrect an old thread like this just to post a link? Weirdo...

Just kidding.
LaidBackNinja
Pony Slaystation
+343|6709|Charlie One Alpha

banndontv wrote:

You got it.
"If you want a vision of the future, imagine SecuROM slapping your face with its dick -- forever." -George Orwell

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard