dubbs
+105|6649|Lexington, KY

HeavyMetalDave wrote:

WHHHHHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Time out....

Yes I have personally seen atoms under an electron microscope...........

I also consume them...
Smell them...
Hear them...
And feel them...

HEY you ARE atoms......
Sorry for some reason, I was thinking protrons, and electrons.  That sort of follows the same line of faith.
Shaguart
Titties
+56|6386|Calgary, Canada

dubbs wrote:

Shaguart wrote:

how about we all stop debating and become atheists like me
Why don't you join the debate and explain why you are an atheist.
lol why I'm an atheist. Okay well i am an atheist because i just cant see there being any god. What i believe in is after u die u are reborn as either a new human or an animal or whatever. I don't believe in any "gods" or "supreme beings."
HeavyMetalDave
Metal Godz
+107|6674|California
Ok..

So I havent SEEN those...

Your Faith is strong and thats good.... Im enjoying our little chat..

So If Im right.... no harm to you...

But If your right .... Im Screwed.
dubbs
+105|6649|Lexington, KY

Shaguart wrote:

dubbs wrote:

Shaguart wrote:

lol why I'm an atheist. Okay well i am an atheist because i just cant see there being any god. What i believe in is after u die u are reborn as either a new human or an animal or whatever. I don't believe in any "gods" or "supreme beings."
So you believe in reincarnation, but not in a god.  So who or what chooses what you come back as.  You can not because to be dead, you can not actually think.  Do all humans come back as humans, and all cows will always be cows?  Also, if all humans come back to life, then who chooses who the child's father and mother will be?  If the person chooses, then how do they choose who to be born to? 

If two people choose to be born to the same father and mother, what happens?  Do they fight to find out who is born?  Is this how you justify how twins (mulitple births) are born, that both of them choose to be born at the same time, to the same people?

Last edited by dubbs (2006-12-16 23:47:13)

dubbs
+105|6649|Lexington, KY

HeavyMetalDave wrote:

Ok..

So I havent SEEN those...

Your Faith is strong and thats good.... Im enjoying our little chat..

So If Im right.... no harm to you...

But If your right .... Im Screwed.
I also am enjoying or little chat.  At least this is a thread where eveyone had keep their cool when talking about religion, and their view points.
chittydog
less busy
+586|6852|Kubra, Damn it!

dubbs wrote:

I also am enjoying or little chat.  At least this is a thread where eveyone had keep their cool when talking about religion, and their view points.
Well done, guys. People usually go ballistic talking about these things. +1 to you both for acting like civilized adults.
HeavyMetalDave
Metal Godz
+107|6674|California
Thanx dudes...

So Dubbs... I saw your other thread about the carbon thing...

It is somewhat of an enviroment/nature thread, with the carbons and global warming stuff... you know atoms and things...

What is your take on a Natural Disaster ending man, and how that may interupt Gods plan for Judgement Day...

Unless thats HIS doing....Hmmmmmmm?
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6733

Stingray24 wrote:

cyborg_ninja-117 wrote:

Stingray24 wrote:

I have not studied other religions in minute detail, though I did take world religions class.  Other faiths have always interested me and I enjoy discussing beliefs with people of various religions.  Through my conversations and limited research, I have yet to find one that addresses sin without requiring one to work themselves back into god's favor.  Christianity is the only faith that gives a solution to sin and only requires faith, not perfection, to go to Heaven/paradise.
This is one of the reasons I hate Christianity, you go out, mow down 40 people on the the street and ask for gods forgiveness then it's all ok and you can go to heaven.
Not so.  As I've stated before, asking for forgiveness comes after repentance, which is admitting you are guilty of the sin committed.  One cannot just "say the magic words" as if God is a genie in a bottle who is required to forgive if a certain mantra is repeated.

This is the beautiful thing about Christianity.  It is the only religion that we humans cannot inflate our egos by "earning" our way to Heaven.  Christianity requires only true belief, nothing else, to gain Heaven.  It runs against the grain of our human nature, which enjoys taking credit for everything.
In the end, you can still be forgiven by God.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
Drunken_Tankdriver
+81|6669
God damn you know this forums full of f/ing critiques when they start questioning what the bible says. I thaught this place was bad but god damn this takes it to a whole new level. You guys have way too much time on your hands.

Last edited by Drunken_Tankdriver (2006-12-17 00:21:21)

https://miniprofile.xfire.com/bg/sh/type/2/acebigmack.png
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6691|Canberra, AUS

Shaguart wrote:

dubbs wrote:

Shaguart wrote:

No need to sound so superior about it.

@Drunken_Tankdriver: Go cry, then. No-one made you read it.
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
jarhedch
+12|6687|Aberdeen, Uk, SF Bay Area 1st

HeavyMetalDave wrote:

Ive read the bible many times, I have it right here...

and again Merry Christmas...

Ps I want a Wii
Merry Christmas to you... and you've read the ENTIRE bible? from genesis to revelation? how many times?
jarhedch
+12|6687|Aberdeen, Uk, SF Bay Area 1st

cyborg_ninja-117 wrote:

In the end, you can still be forgiven by God.
for murder? I have my doubts, repentance still requires RESTITUTION, which means that one has to do what he can to remove the problems he has caused, ie you steal, replace the item stolen, forgiveness is not automatic. for murder? well, what can be done to restore life, nothing. Murder is the removal of the life that God has given us. As a result, he takes it very seriously, and I have severe doubts if murder will ever be forgiven.
tehz
<3 Bosnia
+11|6517|gulf of oman

plastic_budgie wrote:

probably had piles that why they where so embarrassed they had such a red ass.
funniest thing i have read in a long time
HeavyMetalDave
Metal Godz
+107|6674|California
Yes I read the Bible...

Seriously.. It was the hardest book to read, I had to force myself to keep going...

Many many parts I had to read over and over...

You can interpret many parts many different ways...

The Dickshunary was a much easier read.

I know this, the Bible uses the words like....

Tho...
Thee...
Thy...
ye...

And saith..... ALOT.
dubbs
+105|6649|Lexington, KY

HeavyMetalDave wrote:

Thanx dudes...

So Dubbs... I saw your other thread about the carbon thing...

It is somewhat of an enviroment/nature thread, with the carbons and global warming stuff... you know atoms and things...

What is your take on a Natural Disaster ending man, and how that may interupt Gods plan for Judgement Day...

Unless thats HIS doing....Hmmmmmmm?
Good question.  I think you were sort of hinting at, Do you think a loving God can allow natural disaters to occur.  The truth is I do think so.  Going back to the Bible, since I am a Christian and believe what it says, God test and punished Job.  Job's family went through natural disaters and died.  I also believe that it can be part of punishment, just like Noah's story.  Do I think that they interupt God's plans, no I think they are part of God's plan.  As stated above, to punish those who sin, and to draw people to Him.  I know you probally heard of people going through a natural disater then turning to God for help.  I think that most natural disaters are caused by this.

I also believe that we will see a lot worse before the Judgement Day, as in the end of the Earth.  As you stated you have read the Bible, and if you believe it is true, Revelations speaks about worse times, and more natural disasters then we have experienced now. 

Do I think that every natural disaster is caused by God, no.  Do I think that he allows them to happen, yes.  Just like a loving father allows his child to fall down when they are learning to walk.  A loving father also gives their children room to explore and grow.  Will they get in trouble, yes, will they get hurt, yes.  Does the child learn a lesson, hopefully.  I think that this is what God does to His children, humans.  I think that is the reason He allows natural diasters.
dubbs
+105|6649|Lexington, KY

HeavyMetalDave wrote:

Yes I read the Bible...

Seriously.. It was the hardest book to read, I had to force myself to keep going...

Many many parts I had to read over and over...

You can interpret many parts many different ways...

The Dickshunary was a much easier read.

I know this, the Bible uses the words like....

Tho...
Thee...
Thy...
ye...

And saith..... ALOT.
Try using a different version, like the New King James or New International Version.  I would also suggest the Contemporary English Version.
HeavyMetalDave
Metal Godz
+107|6674|California
The only Bible I have was given to me by my father....

On the first page it says...

Presented to : Billy Carson
          By : Christ Church Sunday School
          Date : October 4, 1936

By : Walter Bruggeman, Pastor

This is the only link to religion I was ever given....

And I was never Baptized....
dubbs
+105|6649|Lexington, KY

HeavyMetalDave wrote:

The only Bible I have was given to me by my father....

On the first page it says...

By : Walter Bruggeman, Pastor

This is the only link to religion I was ever given....

And I was never Baptized....
If you want to reference other versions, then try BibleGateway.com.  It has multiple versions, and even different lanuages.

PS:  This is the site that I used earlier when we were talking about Genesis.

Last edited by dubbs (2006-12-17 01:24:08)

chittydog
less busy
+586|6852|Kubra, Damn it!

HeavyMetalDave wrote:

Whoa, you're 70 and you like metal? Sweet...
CameronPoe
+2,925|6572
HeavyMetalDave
Metal Godz
+107|6674|California
It was MY FATHERS...

He's 79..

Im 39..
destruktion_6143
Was ist Loos?
+154|6643|Canada

Miller wrote:

Towelly wrote:

Miller wrote:

What else are you going to do to have kids? Reach into Eve, yank out her sex organs and go with those?
I love seeing devout Christians try to answer that one, they all fail miserably.

P.S. I know very few Christians take every single page of the Bible as complete fact but the amount of times it contradicts itself is dumb founding.
Times change, and as they change, so to does what goes on.  In the early stages of the bible, the human race would not be alive if Eve's sons had not had children from her, and so on.  Yes, incest is wrong, but when did the bible state that? I'm sure it wasn't straight away when incest was needed to survive.
so incest was ok until god said it wasnt anymore? well thats inconsistent isnt it? Miller i suggest u stop trying to defend that point. its hopeless.
Stingray24
Proud member of the vast right-wing conspiracy
+1,060|6462|The Land of Scott Walker
It is not hopeless.  If one researches that with an open mind an answer can be found.  However, going in with a bias against any solution will result in rejection of any logical answer.

EDIT:

Miller wrote:

Times change, and as they change, so to does what goes on.  In the early stages of the bible, the human race would not be alive if Eve's sons had not had children from her, and so on.  Yes, incest is wrong, but when did the bible state that? I'm sure it wasn't straight away when incest was needed to survive.
My view is very similar.  After the initial period necessary to increase the population in the human race, it was possible to marry someone who was not closely related.  Once the human race reached that point, the incest law was put in place to guard against deformities and health problems caused by mixing genes.  It was necessary at first, so not sinful.  Later on when marrying someone you’re not related to was possible, it was no longer a necessity, but rather a choice.  Simple answer, but critics simply refuse to accept it. 

I have discussed these perceived contradictions with others and in nearly every case, it is simply an excuse to justify their choice to reject the Bible.  When I answered their "contradictions", they simply manufactured another and would not accept my answer.  Finally I asked them, "If I answer all these questions conclusively, will you agree that the Bible is truth and convert?"  Of course the answer was no.  I am more than willing to go in depth on issues like this if there is a genuine desire to discover the truth.  Most of the time I find there is only bias against Christianity so I don't waste my time.

Last edited by Stingray24 (2006-12-17 13:27:26)

Jenkinsbball
Banned
+149|6565|USA bitches!

r2zoo wrote:

Gonna debate a story thousands of years old thats been edited some man times and in so many ways, just becasue something isnt fully explained doesnt mean its wrong.
You said it bro, it's just a story. Move along now. The bible is bullshit.
Miller
IT'S MILLER TIME!
+271|6772|United States of America
I cant believe this topic is still going.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard