cibopercani
+1|6364|Gorizia - Italia
hello... it's a week I'm playing online and I'm wondering why almost everyone usually kill me with 1 shot only, also from exeptional distances (with/without sniper), but to make a frag myself, I must chase an enemy for long and shot in his head dozens and dozens of bullets!
Ok, I played long Vietcong online and there were lots of bugs and cheats... please don't tell me here It's the same old hat!!
An example: 2 days ago I found an enemy sniper that did not see me coming from his back, and once distant < 1meter, I took out my pistol and aimed calmly his head: before having him to die I had to unload the full clip!!!!
And usually as soon I see a microscopic pixel of an enemy it will mean sure death for me in 1 or maximum 2 shots!
Ok, I know that someone got some exeptional aiming and can get my forehead in a snap while I can't... but not everyone!
It never happened that to kill me someone unloaded all his gun clip on me!
The same happens when I met an enemy out of the blue just in front of me: the both of us shoot each other in the chest... but I always died first....
May be because they have unlocked better weapons?? It's very frustrating... even when I take sniper rifle very rarely 1 shot on head it's enough for me to kill... the most of the times me (under cover) with sniper rifle, versus a normal enemy with normal carbine... means death for me!!! How is it possible?? We're so far you cannot even see me without scope!!!
I starting feeling sick about this... *PLEASE* tell me I'm missing something!
LockerFish
+47|6724
Sounds like you're missing the lag. And you're a new player, correct? Maybe you're not as fantastic as you think you are *gasp*.
Towelly
It's A State Of Mind
+399|6609|Your attic
The hit detection (as in when the game says your bullets hit a target) is very dodgy in this game, that coupled with people who have played the game longer and learnt a few little tricks will make it seem like they have an advantage you don't.

Just stick at it and try and aim straight.
Ender2309
has joined the GOP
+470|6589|USA
its just because you're new. headshots in bf2 are pretty shitty. a pistol does not mean a one shot kill to the head, and the unlocks are, for the most part, worthless, just so you know.

just practice. you'll get better
Netsfear
+5|6459
Sounds like you just need practice. you can't get great in a week. Just practice practice practice.
Paco_the_Insane
Phorum Phantom
+244|6663|Ohio
you probably just need practice
FrankieSpankie3388
Hockey Nut
+243|6548|Boston, MA
Why not just knife him when you're that close. The knife is always 1 hit kill.
_-_911_-_180891
+540|6521|Shanghai, ethnicity=German
Practice makes perfect.
cibopercani
+1|6364|Gorizia - Italia
thanks
gene_pool
Banned
+519|6639|Gold coast, Aus.
I used to be like that...Got so frustrating....1000 hours of game time later and you will still be getting pissed off at scores of 50-10
Simon
basically
+838|6676|UK
Don't expect anything great since your new, i sucked pretty much for the first few weeks until I learnt hiding spots/places, i suggest getting better and then joining a clan, you will learn a lot and it's great fun.
gene_pool
Banned
+519|6639|Gold coast, Aus.

Simon wrote:

Don't expect anything great since your new, i sucked pretty much for the first few weeks until I learnt hiding spots/places, i suggest getting better and then joining a clan, you will learn a lot and it's great fun.
Clans aren't what there all cracked up to be.
Mitch
16 more years
+877|6543|South Florida

cibopercani wrote:

hello... it's a week I'm playing online and I'm wondering why almost everyone usually kill me with 1 shot only, also from exeptional distances (with/without sniper), but to make a frag myself, I must chase an enemy for long and shot in his head dozens and dozens of bullets!
Ok, I played long Vietcong online and there were lots of bugs and cheats... please don't tell me here It's the same old hat!!
An example: 2 days ago I found an enemy sniper that did not see me coming from his back, and once distant < 1meter, I took out my pistol and aimed calmly his head: before having him to die I had to unload the full clip!!!!
And usually as soon I see a microscopic pixel of an enemy it will mean sure death for me in 1 or maximum 2 shots!
Ok, I know that someone got some exeptional aiming and can get my forehead in a snap while I can't... but not everyone!
The same happens when I met an enemy out of the blue just in front of me: the both of us shoot each other in the chest... but I always died first....
May be because they have unlocked better weapons?? It's very frustrating... even when I take sniper rifle very rarely 1 shot on head it's enough for me to kill... the most of the times me (under cover) with sniper rifle, versus a normal enemy with normal carbine... means death for me!!! How is it possible?? We're so far you cannot even see me without scope!!!
Practice my boy, practice and unlocks. Wait untill you unlock the G36E before you say you die too much. I bet most of those people you talk about are using a better unlock. Thats all. Dont worry about it.
15 more years! 15 more years!
Cookie.VXT
Bringer Of Cookies.
+178|6454|UK

FrankieSpankie3388 wrote:

actuallt its not, you can sometimes end up knifing the same guy 2 or 3 times before he dies

its the hit detection.
CTD-CaptainBuck
BLEEDING BLUE
+71|6786|Tenn

hell maybe for you, i resort to shock paddles and gun kills, cuz it usually takes me about 2-3 swipes to kill an enemy. its not that im not hitting em, well i guess it is. I always get dust on the first 1 or 2
Wolfren
+6|6682|USA
As me and my friends found in lan, and internet play that you dont hear ever shot going by you and sometimes not every shot your hit with. I have dumped two clips into some onf my friends wondering why they dont die, and then they say HOW DID YOU ONE SHOT ME? and then Im just bewildered how they could not have known I was shooting and even how they didnt already know where I was by that time. So I think sometimes the game is just crappy at letting you know youve been shot at or have been shot.
Chorcai
+49|6666|Ireland

Wolfren wrote:

As me and my friends found in lan, and internet play that you dont hear ever shot going by you and sometimes not every shot your hit with. I have dumped two clips into some onf my friends wondering why they dont die, and then they say HOW DID YOU ONE SHOT ME? and then Im just bewildered how they could not have known I was shooting and even how they didnt already know where I was by that time. So I think sometimes the game is just crappy at letting you know youve been shot at or have been shot.
I have to agree the other day I was on wake island at the spwan point near the PLA airstrip (the close one) anyways... seen a sniper way off me with AK-47 went to spot him but shot 1 bullet at the same time, bam dead sniper ! 2 mins up the road dumped a whole clip into a guy he turns thinks omfg enemy !!! 2 shots (as in single fire mode) = me dead.  So yea the hit boxs are all over the gaff.
turkeybacon
+50|6464|Dragon Valley

not always
Ricerckt93
+69|6671
You may want to check your ping when you enter a server, also.

If you have higher ping than everyone else, you maybe shooting were they used to be, and/or they really did start firing just before you.

I feel your pain, Usually i get half a clip in someone, and they just turn around and shoot me twice, and I'm dead.  Just love that.
arson
+99|6655|New York
Try to shoot in single shot / burst  and aim for the face.
artofsurvival
Idiot!
+33|6375|the Great British Queendom :)
Lol,
So very true for beginners, I have ranked up at bit now but still 1 shot wonders all over the place, the weapons that I have unlocked aren't really helping that much either! apart from the L85A1 which I find fantastic at medium range. In my own opinion it is just a case of having played for some time, I guess that as with all EA games as you progress through you are upgraded anyways, but hey this is just a theory?
So keep playing and things will get better, you'll learn more if you squad up also, find good teams to play with and in turn your rank will go up. Just keep playing:)
FeedUsYourFetus
+89|6471
You're not using the MP5 a lot are you?  Cause I hate that gun. 

KiL
metal1215
+18|6663|Varsseveld, Netherlands

Dezerteagal5 wrote:

cibopercani wrote:

Practice my boy, practice and unlocks. Wait untill you unlock the G36E before you say you die too much. I bet most of those people you talk about are using a better unlock. Thats all. Dont worry about it.
ok the G36E improves your stats, but it doesnt improve your skill, i always use the m16 and i rarely get beaten by a G36E. (in a fair fight )

the unlocks are easier to handle, or to get used to, but imo the standard guns are way better, you just need more practice with the standards.

tip 1 : 

try to experiment with aiming down the sight at different ranges, i used to zoom at almost every distance, (except 20 cm or less ) but now I only zoom at greater distances, it works great. unzoomed, the weapon aims better, you can see the crosshair getting bigger, showing you how long to wait between your bursts, and somehow I noticed the gun is much more powerfull when unzoomed, i dont know why, but most of the time i only need 1 burst when firing unzoomed.

tip 2: try to strafe from side to side, it works great for me, if you lay down facing an enemy, in an even fight, at close/medium range: strafe while laying on the ground, it prevents you from receiving headshots and helps evading lots of bullets, (sounds weird in theory, but it really works)
but, aiming while using this tactic is pretty hard with AKs, or other automatic guns, it works best with/ i mostly use it with: the m16 or sometimes while bursting the SAW

Last edited by metal1215 (2006-12-16 16:06:15)

Mr.Pieeater
+116|6642|Cherry Pie
He doesn't need practice, its just a little bit of lag.  Thats all.

That happens to me sometimes too.  I would get fraps and check your fps.  You should have at least 40 to have a fair chance.  And your ping should be from 20 to 80 to be okay. 

I am around 60 fps with a 37 ping avg...  I kick a lot of ass and people say I am cheating all the time.  So I guess its a good setup.  Good luck!

P.S.- I don't cheat just to let you know.

Last edited by Mr.Pieeater (2006-12-16 16:05:06)

metal1215
+18|6663|Varsseveld, Netherlands

Mr.Pieeater wrote:

He doesn't need practice, its just a little bit of lag.  Thats all.

That happens to me sometimes too.  I would get fraps and check your fps.  You should have at least 40 to have a fair chance.  And your ping should be from 20 to 80 to be okay. 

I am around 60 fps with a 37 ping avg...  I kick a lot of ass and people say I am cheating all the time.  So I guess its a good setup.  Good luck!

P.S.- I don't cheat just to let you know.
i used to play with 25 - 40 fps, but ive got a new laptop and now i play with 70 - 90 fps

(ok i could play on medium graphs with 40 fps, but i want better performance)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard