Poll

Should Europe join the United States?

Yes23%23% - 97
No76%76% - 308
Total: 405
adam1503
+85|6396|Manchester, UK

CameronPoe wrote:

Brinson don't get uptight - this is a joke thread.
If this is a joke thread, why is it in the Debate and Serious Talk forum...
CameronPoe
+2,925|6563

adam1503 wrote:

CameronPoe wrote:

Brinson don't get uptight - this is a joke thread.
If this is a joke thread, why is it in the Debate and Serious Talk forum...
THat's a good question. I think it's because Pollux' target audience was the D&ST crowd.
adam1503
+85|6396|Manchester, UK
So you think he just wants to stir it up by posting a controvertial thread?
CameronPoe
+2,925|6563

adam1503 wrote:

So you think he just wants to stir it up by posting a controvertial thread?
Of course. He does this all the time. Read the tone of his OP even - it can't be serious. Even if he is a bit of a neo-con in reality.

Last edited by CameronPoe (2006-12-15 05:44:11)

adam1503
+85|6396|Manchester, UK
Well perhaps this thread should be moved into the Junk section so people might not take it as seriously.

[EDIT: I know, I'm one of them.]

Last edited by adam1503 (2006-12-15 05:46:40)

rocksrhot
+8|6407
Who wants to be ruled by egotistic loonies like Bush--- Oh wait God told me to go to war. Nope I don't want any connection to a country of God fearing individuals who actually swallow shit, hook line and sinker.
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6589|SE London

Pubic wrote:

Would the new country adopt the Euro or the US dollar?
The Euro, obviously. The dollar is doomed.
Fancy_Pollux
Connoisseur of Fine Wine
+1,306|6654

LostFate wrote:

Your obviously quite stupid
Oh...the irony.

https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v256/deathbym0nkeyz/youre.jpg
RDMC
Enemy Wheelbarrow Spotted..!!
+736|6572|Area 51
US..8000 km's off Ocean.. more US..? kinda weird..lol..travell 8000 km and still be in the U.S
Stormscythe
Aiming for the head
+88|6557|EUtopia | Austria
You forgot the option 'I doubt the authors mental sanity'. :-P
Hurricane
Banned
+1,153|6638|Washington, DC

RDMC(2) wrote:

US..8000 km's off Ocean.. more US..? kinda weird..lol..travell 8000 km and still be in the U.S
Hawaii and Alaska are a ways off, as are Guam, but that didn't stop us from sucking them up =p
Sh1fty2k5
MacSwedish
+113|6717|Sweden
I love this thread man +1 to the author!!!!

Im glad to see that there are more Europeans here than americans
venom6
Since day One.
+247|6566|Hungary
Usa ? Whats that ? Something with a 200 year history with no culture and big population.Too proud ? For what ?
Attacking Iraq for oil ?
America in WW1 -> Only income and money for selling guns and everything for europe.
America in WW2 -> Again big big income and money for exporting guns to the Uk and Russia.

Everyone knows that america made a big business from both wars and thats why the Uk lost his #1 position in the world.The industry from the Usa could produce without any attacks like in europe where the Germans bombed the Uk and then the Uk bombed the Germans.
So lucky for the usa was like for the uk but 100 times better.Distance and a safe place over the atlantic ocean.Remember during the napoleon war or WW1 and WW2 Uk's luck was that they are on an island.Same for Usa.

And if the Usa wouldnt join WW1 or WW2 what he could not refuse (you know income and $$$ for guns and everything else) i guess Germany would win and now nearly the whole europe would be part from the III. Reich.So thats all...

Now the European Union is good and bad in some parts.The eastern countries like mine is only market for the western countrys.Its modern slavery as in the usa !!!
Jussimies
Finnish commander whore
+76|6592|Finland
US should join europe.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6724

venom6 wrote:

Usa ? Whats that ? Something with a 200 year history with no culture and big population.Too proud ? For what ?
Attacking Iraq for oil ?
America in WW1 -> Only income and money for selling guns and everything for europe.
America in WW2 -> Again big big income and money for exporting guns to the Uk and Russia.

Everyone knows that america made a big business from both wars and thats why the Uk lost his #1 position in the world.The industry from the Usa could produce without any attacks like in europe where the Germans bombed the Uk and then the Uk bombed the Germans.
So lucky for the usa was like for the uk but 100 times better.Distance and a safe place over the atlantic ocean.Remember during the napoleon war or WW1 and WW2 Uk's luck was that they are on an island.Same for Usa.

And if the Usa wouldnt join WW1 or WW2 what he could not refuse (you know income and $$$ for guns and everything else) i guess Germany would win and now nearly the whole europe would be part from the III. Reich.So thats all...

Now the European Union is good and bad in some parts.The eastern countries like mine is only market for the western countrys.Its modern slavery as in the usa !!!
Cheap labour is what they call it. Slavery is when your not getting paid at all. Which country, in the past has not invaded another country for profit or something to gain from? America invaded Iraq primarily to keep it's military status as strongest nation in the world, proving to the world that they can start another war and win.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
RicardoBlanco
The English
+177|6576|Oxford

Fancy_Pollux wrote:

Most experts agree that over the next few years, most European countries will have been annexed by the United States. The main reason most European countries have already agreed to their statehood within the United States is due to the obvious economic benefits. However, when this happens, do you think European culture will begin to lose its uniqueness as it is absorbed into the US melting pot? Although this is inevitable, I will still ask for your opinion anyway. Do you think this should happen, and why or why not?
It would lead to a gaping class divide, with Europeans becoming the new Elite and 'native' americans (ha, the irony) becoming the underclass, persecuted much like the real natives long ago. War would be avoided through clever, surgical diplomacy and population control by the Europeans and soon every household would have a manservant called Troy or Brad. A decade later, after years of European foreign policy rebuilding bridges previously brought down by the ineptitude of various US administrations, the country (United States of Europe or USE) would be thriving with standards of living providing quality of life, yes, for Troy and Brad too, unsurpassed by todays standards. Half a century later, and without the saber rattling the older generation were used to, the world learns to live in peace taking comfort in the fact the Europeans are in charge.
autopilot
banned
+115|6355

Yes, what great idea!
venom6
Since day One.
+247|6566|Hungary
Other thing...some of you might heard that the Middle East and all countries who got OIL wanted to replace US Dollars to Euro as a paying cash.You know that USA got a big income for letting them using dollars ?
If they would cahnge to Euro USA had to say bye to that big income of money so in other words -> take a loan or go down.That was also a reason to attack Iraq "OMG we cant let them cahnge it to Euro !!"
Why ? Maybe Euro is much much better then the US Dollar (Pounds are better i know)
adam1503
+85|6396|Manchester, UK

venom6 wrote:

Other thing...some of you might heard that the Middle East and all countries who got OIL wanted to replace US Dollars to Euro as a paying cash.You know that USA got a big income for letting them using dollars ?
If they would cahnge to Euro USA had to say bye to that big income of money so in other words -> take a loan or go down.That was also a reason to attack Iraq "OMG we cant let them cahnge it to Euro !!"
Why ? Maybe Euro is much much better then the US Dollar (Pounds are better i know)
The reason for America being so adamant that other countries use the dollar to buy oil is that those countries who want to do so need to have dollars.  And the only place you can get dollars is the US.  Every single sale of oil worldwide is done with the dollar, so countries wishing to buy oil need to first buy dollars from america, by trading their currency or goods with the US, before they an go on to buy oil.  Its not hard to see that the whole US economy pretty much depends on countries buying and selling oil with dollars.  Without this, the US economy would without a doubt collapse pretty quickly.

So what happens when the oil runs out?
Sh1fty2k5
MacSwedish
+113|6717|Sweden

cyborg_ninja-117 wrote:

venom6 wrote:

Attacking Iraq for oil ?

Cheap labour is what they call it. Slavery is when your not getting paid at all. Which country, in the past has not invaded another country for profit or something to gain from? America invaded Iraq primarily to keep it's military status as strongest nation in the world, proving to the world that they can start another war and win.
But they're losing?
Bertster7
Confused Pothead
+1,101|6589|SE London

adam1503 wrote:

venom6 wrote:

The reason for America being so adamant that other countries use the dollar to buy oil is that those countries who want to do so need to have dollars.  And the only place you can get dollars is the US.  Every single sale of oil worldwide is done with the dollar, so countries wishing to buy oil need to first buy dollars from america, by trading their currency or goods with the US, before they an go on to buy oil.  Its not hard to see that the whole US economy pretty much depends on countries buying and selling oil with dollars.  Without this, the US economy would without a doubt collapse pretty quickly.

So what happens when the oil runs out?
I think Iran sell their oil in Euros, as of March 2006. This is one of the factors that has hit the dollar hard. I think the EU buy more oil than the US as well, so the Euro would be the logical choice for a currency for trading oil, the smooth transition Iran have had from dollar to Euro makes it more likely the rest of the market may follow.
venom6
Since day One.
+247|6566|Hungary
Thats why the US wanna attack Iran after they invaded Iraq.Its kinda bs what they do in the east." we bring freedom and peace" yeah ofc bs everything.No country would go somewhere and spend money and life from soldiers if he dont want something else as a revard.So Oil = Power,Money...mabye next one will be Chine or Russia and Usa will go and bring "freedom and peace" yeah yeah....
All europeans knows whats going on !!
JahManRed
wank
+646|6635|IRELAND

Bertster7 wrote:

I think Iran sell their oil in Euros, as of March 2006. This is one of the factors that has hit the dollar hard.
Twas about march that the US started shit talking Iran funny enough. After 20 years of funding and training any terrorist who was Sunni in the middle east to kill Iranians, civilain or military. Suddenly they went from state that we fund nutters, dictators and terrorists to fight against, to prevent the spread of Communism, lol (to stop commies getting their hands on the oil more like) to all out arch Nemesis shit dogs terrorist funders.. The Irony meter goes off the scale on this one............ CIA & Al Qaeda/mujhadeen anyone???
It was quietly swept under the carpet that Saddam planned to open a Euro's Oil exchange which coincided with the invasion............... for freedom, liberty, (insert Bush buzz words here.........)
rocksrhot
+8|6407
I love the fact that europeans c past all the yanky bullshit, Call US policy what it really is, BULLY Boy Tactics to make money, Fuck the dollar is what I say, let em accept there is more to this world than there egotistic, masonic washington DC. People count, not votes
jonsimon
+224|6503

JahManRed wrote:

Bertster7 wrote:

I think Iran sell their oil in Euros, as of March 2006. This is one of the factors that has hit the dollar hard.
Twas about march that the US started shit talking Iran funny enough. After 20 years of funding and training any terrorist who was Sunni in the middle east to kill Iranians, civilain or military. Suddenly they went from state that we fund nutters, dictators and terrorists to fight against, to prevent the spread of Communism, lol (to stop commies getting their hands on the oil more like) to all out arch Nemesis shit dogs terrorist funders.. The Irony meter goes off the scale on this one............ CIA & Al Qaeda/mujhadeen anyone???
It was quietly swept under the carpet that Saddam planned to open a Euro's Oil exchange which coincided with the invasion............... for freedom, liberty, (insert Bush buzz words here.........)
No one is selling oil in Euros explicitly anymore. Iraq had switched a year or more before we invaded and switched them back, but now the closest thing is Iran's acceptance of future contracts in Euro denominations. In other words, if you know how much oil you're going to want in the future, you can arrange to buy it in Euros.

A telling sign of future events; OPEC has begun converting their reserves to Euros, inconspicuously.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard