Typhino
+0|6829
Right then, some of the recorded matches work but others do not!!!

They come up with, "The server has refused to send the file" now is this a problem on my part, or is it actually the server???

^sounds like a dumb question, but plz do not flame, i jus want a straight answer!!!

Last edited by Typhino (2005-08-09 09:27:25)

MardukeV
+0|6828|Washington, DC
at least you have some working, i cant download any of the recorded battles.
voltage
+46|6832|Sweden
I have not encountered "The server has refused to send the file" (did it really say that?) but it's been very common that the host can't be found or that the file can't be found on the server.  Unfortunately many servers tag their server so that it's listed when you filter on "battlerecorder" but don't give you working bookmarks or sometimes no bookmarks at all. If the server have a home page then perhaps you should try to get in contact with them.

There is one thing you could check yourself though. In your profile directory there will be a file called "DemoBookmarks.con". Open it with a texteditor and check the web address in each bookmark line (one line corresponds to one bookmark in the Community tab). It happened to me that the server forgot an "/" in the address, making it point to a file that didn't exist. By simply putting the missing "/" in the address, saving the DemoBookmarks file and restarting BF2, the demo file cound be downloaded. Of course if there is no obvious spelling mistake in the address, it's hard to know how to correct it. Then you need to contact the server owner and ask them for help.

Last edited by voltage (2005-08-09 15:45:31)

Typhino
+0|6829
yh checked that it's fine, i got another one where it says "failed to look up the host name" but, the server went offline as soon as the match finished so!!!
but cheers for the info guys!!!

Last edited by Typhino (2005-08-09 10:53:49)

MardukeV
+0|6828|Washington, DC
wow, thx! i need to try that
*TS*tphai
The Forum Alien
+89|6798|The planet Tophet
i cant see them eather
McCullough
+7|6830
A small but VERY importent feature that EA need to add to the battlerecorder is a timeline so you can REWIND and jump to special parts in the game. So you dont need to look trough everything again if you only want to see one particular scene again. It shouldnt be that hard to add in the 1.03 patch.
-=5TON3D
+42|6526|u.k
roughly half my recorder files download ok,as long as i get them the same day.

i'd like to see a battlerecorder mod,adding all the features ea couldnt be bothered to add like rewind,fps player view,a time line so you can skip back & forward to certain points,& smoother playback so jets & their smoke trails are a smooth motion & not juddery.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard