VicktorVauhn
+319|6384|Southern California
Ive spent a bit of time playing as a sniper, and have gotten most of the few golds I have now as sniper...
I  always though you guys were just bitching about claymore though, but I have noticed they do have kind of a far reach.

Also for the first time I had one of those guys who just runs up with a claymore and throws it at your feet while you gun him down, only to get blown up.....damn those are cheap as fuck....

Those two complaints aside I think their is nothing wrong with snipers, and I even agree with strategically placing claymore to take out people who may be comeing to capture a flag...

I heard a squad mate on a server mention that engineers can disable claymores with a wrench if they come at it from the back, but Ive never tried.Id never heard that one before....
Towelly
It's A State Of Mind
+399|6583|Your attic

Entertayner wrote:

Des.Kmal wrote:

Entertayner wrote:

No...body cares?
says the guy who quit wookie because no one liked snipers. get your own opinion.
I quit Wookie because I didn't like their style of play, the way it was heading and the boringness.  I wanted to start my own clan but I never got the chance to and after that I found I preferred not being in a clan at all and liked being in the bf2s community so I never went back. K?
Are we forgetting the month or so in which you tried to join TOP? (I have nothing against you and you're a decent guy but get your facts straight)

I will never give up the fact that I think (notice that this is my opinion) that if two players of equal skill and proficiency are playing (where one player is a sniper) the sniper will contribute less to the team then the player of another class.

But then then the mentality of me and the people I hang around with (read TOP) has always been "play the game however you enjoy playing and fuck everybody else", so I guess we are a little hypocritical there.

With your argument though I say yes, the constant arguments of why certain kits are better than others is getting very stale, very quickly. I will always think (well atleast I do now) snipers are wasting a spot in a server and they will always think I'm revive-whoring-bunny-hopping-stat-padding-bitch. Nothing is going to change that.

Last edited by Towelly (2006-12-15 01:40:13)

bobroonie.bda
+143|6674
I would rather go up against a team full of snipers and GL users then a real team trying to win. Snipers are easy to nulify if you have decent medics.

Kill the enemy by any means. Its just like the whole UNLOCK bullshit... People get owned by unlocks now its not kosher to use unlocks. Bollocks to that.

Let the cool the leet and the ladies complain cry and whine about how others should play.

Kill them all let god sort them out.

Last edited by bobroonie.bda (2006-12-15 01:58:18)

-=5TON3D
+42|6527|u.k
i agree with Des.Kmal.
& i think the forum views can be split into...

1.assholes that just wanna try & piss people off.
2.shit sniffers that just agree to try & get in with the regular posters.
3.the brainless that have no idea how to form an opinion & just spam something for the hell of it.
4.people that genuinely want to contribute/receive help or views of others.

so when i read a topic i just scroll past guys 1,2,3 & read what guy 4 has to say,& maybe add to the post if i have a view.

myself i dont have no real anti anything/anyone in bf2,but constant gaymore & nade spammers do piss me off sometimes cause i find it a cowardly & annoying way to play infantry.
most my bf2 times spent on foot as medic with g36/ak,or jet whoring,but i do like to snipe now & then when i cant be bothered running round & just wanna chill out & have a snipe for a round or 2.

Last edited by -=5TON3D (2006-12-15 04:08:02)

ssonrats
+221|6638

Towelly wrote:

snipers are wasting a spot in a server and they will always think I'm revive-whoring-bunny-hopping-stat-padding-bitch. Nothing is going to change that.
Ok, i take your point, now think about this for a second.

50% of guys of our clan play wake island regularly and on wake island itself about 50% of the players on the server camp around waiting for vehicles on the helipad/runway etc.

As USMC a sniper however will often spawn on arty island and pick off as many guys as possible on the tips of the north and south sides picking off FAV drivers, guy's in aa, which all helps out the team to get on land and get the blackhawks and cobra's across to give USMC a fighting chance, especially if there a few snipers picking stuff off.

Right, now think about those 10-15 guy's on the carrier/airfield waiting/camping/tking for vehicles and tell me which is contributing to the team more.

I know this is one map, but you know i'm right on this one.

Last edited by ssonrats (2006-12-15 04:31:21)

General Custer
Banned
+6|6345
out of the 10 - 15 people. a GOOD player (read |TOP| member) will set up a jet drop as a squad leader while the rest of his squad hold spawn until he has landed at a land flag (on a carrier map as USMC) thus capping the flag quickly, efficiently and finally: proving that the sniper sitting on a roof somewhere pointed at a spot he thinks a guy might appear is a useless twat.
Spiers.ckz
+10|6521
There is no rule anywhere about claymore spamming, just like there isn't rules about grenade spamming or any other kind of semi-exploit.

why the hell wouldn't you use claymores to maximum effect when sniping??

When i snipe i usually place my claymores where people are going to run into them, like flag zones or corridors. I have many times defended flags by myself as a sniper by placing claymores on the flags then throwing grenades to kill medics trying to revive the claymore victims and then using my rifle and pistol to wipe out the rest.

Here is a free tip: WATCH OUT FOR CLAYMORES IN NARROW SPOTS AND FLAG ZONES!!!!

And for everyone else playing sniper - use what u got to maximum effect, every other player does with their respective kits!!

Last edited by Spiers.ckz (2006-12-15 04:44:50)

[Hive]-Twist
+13|6358

stryyker wrote:

Statistical Analysis.

The majority of Snipers in BF2 and BF2142 are uberfags

they
  • Claymore spam
  • Camp
  • Don't do shit for flags
  • Don't do shit for teamwork

Unarguably, that is 99% of the Snipers in this game. As it has been with CS, CS:S, and DoD. (the camping/flag part)

Its not personal vendetta, its experience.
Yes, because there are flags in CS. Because there are claymores in CSS. Actually, snipers(awpers) usually do the most for their team in scrims.

-_-

Last edited by [Hive]-Twist (2006-12-15 04:45:55)

p3lvicthrust
Banned
+16|6394
Im only sniper when I want to TK people out of choppers, OR shoot the enemy out of his cockpit - the only two REAL uses for the sniper kit, keep the noobs out of the heli's and keep the enemy heli down so your heli can KEEP it down
Towelly
It's A State Of Mind
+399|6583|Your attic

[Hive]-Twist wrote:

stryyker wrote:

Statistical Analysis.

they
  • Claymore spam
  • Camp

Unarguably, that is 99% of the Snipers in this game. As it has been with CS, CS:S, and DoD. (the camping/flag part)

Yes, because there are flags in CS. Because there are claymores in CSS. Actually, snipers(awpers) usually do the most for their team in scrims.

-_-
How many scrims have you been playing in CS?

AK/M4 > AWP
General Custer
Banned
+6|6345

p3lvicthrust wrote:

Im only sniper when I want to TK people out of choppers, OR shoot the enemy out of his cockpit - the only two REAL uses for the sniper kit, keep the noobs out of the heli's and keep the enemy heli down so your heli can KEEP it down
thats my reason for having the M95.

That, and the fact i have all the unlocks.

Last edited by General Custer (2006-12-15 04:59:38)

Chillin&killin
+27|6667|Manchester,England
here we go again

i cant be bothered to start the same argument for the 500th time

what i do want to know is why do people play AT/Engineer on IO. i thought the distinct lack of vehicles would be a clue that Anti-Tank would not be a great choice. i wouldnt mind but the the dao-12(the reason people play as AT) is not as good as an assault rifle

at least when theres snipers on your team they carry the right equipment

Last edited by Chillin&killin (2006-12-15 05:17:35)

Herackles
+33|6619

General Custer wrote:

p3lvicthrust wrote:

It's people like you that ruin the game.  What kind of authority are you to decide who gets to be in what vehicles.  I work hard for my money.  Not unlike some of the spoilt little runts that play this game.  If I'd like to fly, I'll patiently wait my turn and grab a jet or a heli.  Conversely.  If I know there's a better pilot than me, I'd much rather give up my jet then take it myself.  Hell...I've landed my jet more than once, and given it to my squad mate, because I knew he was a better pilot than I.

Why can't you lot extend the same courtesy to others.  I know, I know.  Because you've got your very own, personal black holes residing within your heads.  Which is stripping away any modicum of intelligent thought before it would even dare to show itself.  Hey "Jimmy"  I've got something better for you to do...Go crack some corn!  Let the grown ups play in peace.  If people like you played on servers that I play on.  The lot of you would be banned before you'd know it.

Last edited by Herackles (2006-12-15 08:06:20)

Des.Kmal
+917|6610|Atlanta, Georgia, USA

chittydog wrote:

stryyker wrote:

Statistical Analysis.

they
  • Claymore spam
  • Camp

QFT

Oh, do I have to say I sucked stryyker's e-dick now?
you dont have to say it, you already did.

anyway, dude, stryyker, im talking about the snipers here at bf2s and wookie. they dont. i know.

besides... ur most played kit is sniper....
Add me on Origin for Battlefield 4 fun: DesKmal
Todd_Angelo
Leukocyte
+336|6619|Warlord

stryyker wrote:

Statistical Analysis.
Oooo, a statistic on the Internet, then it must be accurate.

Amusing observations aside, I wonder what the proportion of sucky spec ops players is? Terrible medics? Awful assault and support players? Based on Sturgeon's Law I would imagine you'd be surprised.

stryyker wrote:

The majority of Snipers in BF2 and BF2142 are uberfags... Unarguably, that is 99% of the Snipers in this game. As it has been with CS, CS:S, and DoD. (the camping/flag part)
To get specific, I don't think it's nearly that high for 1 (based on the fact that I pay attention to what other snipers are doing in every game I play... for maybe 350 hours now... regardless of whether I'm a sniper). It's high, but not 99 players in 100. Guessing I'd say maybe 50-70%

You're probably right about 2 and 3.

4 isn't as clear-cut as you might be thinking; sure, they're not going to be able to touch medics typically (or to be more accurate, the one or two good medics that generally are in the top 5... with loads of others trailing behind) but they could easily have more team points than engies, spec ops and maybe assault too (guessing there, based on noticing so few good assault players) because of claymore flag defends and/or kill assists.

stryyker wrote:

Yeah, and my experience tells me differently. As does the experience of many other players (some of whom are not regular/exclusive snipers). Simple fact is you cannot be right about snipers' total uselessness to any team, regardless of map and team numbers, unless all of the other people are wrong; and I'm sorry buddy, but your SOL there.

Towelly wrote:

I will never give up the fact that I think (notice that this is my opinion) that if two players of equal skill and proficiency are playing (where one player is a sniper) the sniper will contribute less to the team then the player of another class.
Yes, this is clearly an opinion, and like stryyker's opinion (conveniently presented as fact) it's far too broad. How many times do people like me have to point out that there are sucky players out there in every class: look at the kits of all the guys at the bottom half or third of the scoreboard, regularly, and you'll see it's not populated by 10-15 snipers. By all means don't take my word for it but I'm right and I know it because I have looked, and it's not like I haven't taken enough screenshots of scoreboards to get a good sampling

As for this "player of another class", you might want to think more carefully about that; how often do assault or spec ops players get near to or the most kills on foot? Scant few support players either, and unless an engineer is in a vehicle it's bloody unlikely.

I know your supposition here isn't right since I know what I... a player of equal skill to me... can score playing spec ops. And seriously, there are numerous people about my level in any typical server (purely on the law of averages) and playing sniper I'll do better than at least half of them.

Towelly wrote:

But then then the mentality of me and the people I hang around with (read TOP) has always been "play the game however you enjoy playing and fuck everybody else", so I guess we are a little hypocritical there.
A little?

Towelly wrote:

I'm revive-whoring-bunny-hopping-stat-padding-bitch. Nothing is going to change that.
As long as you bunny hop your ass over to any downed player within reach, regardless of kit, that's fine by me.

p3lvicthrust wrote:

Im only sniper when I want to TK people out of choppers, OR...
Your mother must be so proud.
2freefly
+6|6356|Norway

Spiers.ckz wrote:

There is no rule anywhere about claymore spamming, just like there isn't rules about grenade spamming or any other kind of semi-exploit.

why the hell wouldn't you use claymores to maximum effect when sniping??
<snip>
And for everyone else playing sniper - use what u got to maximum effect, every other player does with their respective kits!!
I don't think the problem isn't using claymores to maximum effect. It's more a problem of snipers dropping claymores everywhere because it's an FF-OFF (or FF-OFF for mines) server and they can. Running around dropping claymores everywhere is NOT using it to maximum effect. It's a silly tactic that kilss the odd fellow here and there (creating kill-points for the sniper), but doesn't do much for the team in terms of protecting or capturing a flag.
And then you have the kamikaze-snipers. They've run into a a firefight on the ground (silly twats ) and the only way they can resolve it is by dropping a claymore and atleast take one enemy with them into the afterworld. That really does nothing for the team.

Oh, and what Hearckles said!!
Towelly
It's A State Of Mind
+399|6583|Your attic
Todd no offence but you have failed to realise that this thread is about how people are bored with the constant argument over how useful/useless snipers are.

I could argue with you at very great length but in all honesty I can't be bothered and people are tired of it.
ncc6206
=BIG= BAD AND UGLY
+36|6471
I only rag my son for being a sniper and thats cuz he dresses like a bush when he plays.
FatherTed
xD
+3,936|6492|so randum
u rag your son? im not sure u wanted to say that...
Small hourglass island
Always raining and foggy
Use an umbrella
Merlin
+3|6548|Ireland

Herackles wrote:

General Custer wrote:

p3lvicthrust wrote:

It's people like you that ruin the game.  What kind of authority are you to decide who gets to be in what vehicles.  I work hard for my money.  Not unlike some of the spoilt little runts that play this game.  If I'd like to fly, I'll patiently wait my turn and grab a jet or a heli.  Conversely.  If I know there's a better pilot than me, I'd much rather give up my jet then take it myself.  Hell...I've landed my jet more than once, and given it to my squad mate, because I knew he was a better pilot than I.

Why can't you lot extend the same courtesy to others.  I know, I know.  Because you've got your very own, personal black holes residing within your heads.  Which is stripping away any modicum of intelligent thought before it would even dare to show itself.  Hey "Jimmy"  I've got something better for you to do...Go crack some corn!  Let the grown ups play in peace.  If people like you played on servers that I play on.  The lot of you would be banned before you'd know it.
Indeed couldn't agree more
General Custer
Banned
+6|6345

Merlin wrote:

Herackles wrote:

General Custer wrote:

Indeed couldn't agree more
maybe we like to hear noobs like you whine about the stuff we do. maybe we're just naturally better at the game and feel you'd only ruin the chance of the team winning by wasting a valuable piece of team equipment.

then again maybe we just want to be asshats for a few rounds and get some good quality teamkilling in.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6709

Herackles wrote:

General Custer wrote:

p3lvicthrust wrote:

He can do whatever he wants in a game. ITS A FUCKING GAME. GET OVER IT. Hard earned money my ass, you don't like people tking you for jet and choppers? Go play on FF off servers.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
2freefly
+6|6356|Norway

cyborg_ninja-117 wrote:

He can do whatever he wants in a game. ITS A FUCKING GAME. GET OVER IT. Hard earned money my ass, you don't like people tking you for jet and choppers? Go play on FF off servers.
Good to know
MagikTrik
yes.....but your still gay
+138|6363|Pittsburgh, PA USA

Sarrk wrote:

MagikTrik wrote:

Ayumiz wrote:

Wtf is top? a clan? Ok, i have nothing against them but why are u guys just hating them?
Dude are you serious? Find me one place in this thread where someone said "I hate TOP".

Pay attention...
Dumbass. It doesnt need to have been stated in the thread for the opinion to be there. Its also been said in numerous threads, some of which are not in the exact wording, but the idea is there.

The guy just doesnt know why there are so many Anti-Top threads.
Well this isn't an anti-TOP thread & nobody is even talking about them here so why pick this place to randomly start talking about people hating TOP? Dumbass.
Herackles
+33|6619

General Custer wrote:

maybe we like to hear noobs like you whine about the stuff we do. maybe we're just naturally better at the game and feel you'd only ruin the chance of the team winning by wasting a valuable piece of team equipment.

then again maybe we just want to be asshats for a few rounds and get some good quality teamkilling in.
Honestly.  I'm not insulted if someone calls me a "noob."  I don't devote an exuberant amount of time just playing this game.  I have one account and me my room mates play on that one.  So I could care less if you think you're better at a video game than others.  Point is.  It's a video game and it's there for everyones enjoyment.  You don't have carte blanche over any single part of it.  If someone gets in a jet or a heli first, just wait for another one to spawn.  If you think they are that bad at it, then one should spawn soon enough...Right!?  You might very well be better at flying a particular vehicle, I'm not denying you that, but it gives you no right to team kill and ruin someone else's gaming experience.  Simply put.  It's in poor taste.  Or  as you would put it..."That's noobish."

cyborg_ninja-117 wrote:

Wrong!  So what you're saying is...If a server doesn't have friendly fire on, then it's completely acceptable to team kill for that vehicle.  Please tell me you're joking.  Remind me to never get into a server with you.  I paid for my game out of my pocket, just like many have.  If I want to get into a jet and fly it, and I've patiently waited my turn for it, not having team killed, not having cheated or glitched for it.  I should be able to fly it without fear of being team killed by someone retarded enough to think it's their god given right to get into that vehicle.

Point being.  Like that team killing douche, I should have the opportunity to fly.  I'm not asking for anyone to give me that opportunity.  All I'm saying is.  Once I've created a chance for myself to get into that vehicle, I deserve to operate it without being team killed.  Purposely driving out of bounds, team killing...there's no excuse for it.  Period.

Funny that you should say that cyborg.  You're right.  It is just a frigging video game.  That's all the more reason for these schmucks to realize that team killing for that one jet or heli, smacks of something monumentally retarded.  It's a video game for chirst sake!  It's supposed to be for fun.  "FUN" being the operative word.  Getting team killed just because you got into that jet before someone else did.  IS NOT FUN!

Last edited by Herackles (2006-12-15 10:30:37)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard