GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6652
I got some rice and these two slabs of  thin frozen solid round top.  i dont know shit about cooking, any suggestions? 

like, whats the best way of defrosting this, im hungry.
Brasso
+1,549|6638

Leave them to thaw first, or you can thaw em in the microwave.
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6652
how long should i put in the micro and what kinda setting?
Bahiti
Respect! Give it .. Get it!
+55|6656|Land of =KBK=
Defrost on low in micro but still take a chance of it coming out tough.  Try placing the still wrapped steak in some room temperature water let it sit for for a little while.  Say 15 mins or so.  Then remove the steak and add your seasonings let set to room temperature.  Then grill to perfection.
D6717C
Anger is a gift
+174|6641|Sin City

Dude, order a pizza.
Roger Lesboules
Ah ben tabarnak!
+316|6585|Abitibi-Temiscamingue. Québec!

D6717C wrote:

Dude, order a pizza.
Hummm pizza...always the best option!

Now im hungry
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6652

Bahiti wrote:

Defrost on low in micro but still take a chance of it coming out tough.  Try placing the still wrapped steak in some room temperature water let it sit for for a little while.  Say 15 mins or so.  Then remove the steak and add your seasonings let set to room temperature.  Then grill to perfection.
any particularly tasty recipes?
Brasso
+1,549|6638

Why don't you just do it the old fashioned way and eat some Sunchips or something?
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
Bahiti
+55|6656|Land of =KBK=
Usually I just sprinkle some garlic powder on the steaks, fresh ground pepper and then pour some Italian salad dressing on top.  Let it set and come to room temperature.  Under no circumstances should you put salt on raw meat as it will make it tough.  You can take each steak and wrap them foil adding some fresh vegies to it with a little butter, not much, and seal the foil packs.  You then can either put them on the grill or in the oven at say 375 for approx 20 mins.  Keep checking them so you don't over cook the meat but you want your vegies tender crisp.  My husband loves this recipe.
chittydog
less busy
+586|6843|Kubra, Damn it!

I use some garlic salt, black pepper, a little onion powder and a little olive oil. Rub it all in and poke the hell out of each side with a fork to get the seasoning all the way through. If they're thin, I'd grill each side for no more than two minutes.

Man, I want some steak now...
Ryan
+1,230|6851|Alberta, Canada

Roger Lesboules wrote:

D6717C wrote:

Dude, order a pizza.
Hummm pizza...always the best option!

Now im hungry
Or KD.
CoconutBlitz
I've had the diarrheas since Easters
+145|6598|California U.S.A

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

Bahiti wrote:

any particularly tasty recipes?
Ah well depends on your cook method if you have a stove I assume get a pan that will fit your steak slap some Lawrys Salt and or plain salt and pepper on it get a little olive oil or similar in the pan and turn the flame to low/medium+ish flip it after about 5 minutes or so to other side and cook another 5 minutes...

If you like garlic put some cloves of garlic in there too

edit gees i type slow already 3 responses before me saying the same shit

Last edited by Seal 3 (2006-12-14 15:43:56)

Ender2309
has joined the GOP
+470|6579|USA

D6717C wrote:

Dude, order a pizza.
then cook the steak.
Parker
isteal
+1,452|6402|The Gem Saloon
ok since i really dont know anyone here and i wont see you in real life ill tell you my secret steak seasoning.....this wont taste right unless you just eat the steak plain...like no A1 bullshit.....
anyway in as far advance as possible when you know you are going to cook steaks, put them in a container, or ziploc bag and pour in a whole bunch of olive oil. if you grill regularly then you know the importance of olive oil.....anyway pour it in and get it all over the steaks. then with the lemon pepper. no specific amount. start small and see if you want more next time. then a little tiny bit of garlic salt.
flame away, but it is great and i have been told on multiple occasions that my steaks were the best that someone had ever eaten.
anyway try it out.
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6652
great suggestions.  im fricking starving cant wait till i start cooking this sucker
R3v4n
We shall beat to quarters!
+433|6495|Melbourne

Bahiti wrote:

Usually I just sprinkle some garlic powder on the steaks, fresh ground pepper and then pour some Italian salad dressing on top.  Let it set and come to room temperature.  Under no circumstances should you put salt on raw meat as it will make it tough.  You can take each steak and wrap them foil adding some fresh vegies to it with a little butter, not much, and seal the foil packs.  You then can either put them on the grill or in the oven at say 375 for approx 20 mins.  Keep checking them so you don't over cook the meat but you want your vegies tender crisp.  My husband loves this recipe.
Salt on meat = Woolly Beef
Aussie Diggers used to eat it at war.
~ Do you not know that in the service … one must always choose the lesser of two weevils?
cpt.fass1
The Cap'n Can Make it Hap'n
+329|6704|NJ
George Forman grill man...
Bahiti
+55|6656|Land of =KBK=
With your rice .. fresh ground pepper little bit of butter, some parsley flakes or even a small amount of dried basil .. bit of salt .. you're good to go.
Brasso
+1,549|6638

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

great suggestions.  im fricking starving cant wait till i start cooking this sucker
Then how bout you get off the damn computer and cook it already?

Don't forget the ketchup.  Oh, classic ketchup, how I love you.

Last edited by haffeysucks (2006-12-14 15:46:48)

R3v4n
We shall beat to quarters!
+433|6495|Melbourne

Bahiti wrote:

With your rice .. fresh ground pepper little bit of butter, some parsley flakes or even a small amount of dried basil .. bit of salt .. you're good to go.
Quite the chef there arent you Bahiti!

Last edited by R3v4n (2006-12-14 15:49:52)

~ Do you not know that in the service … one must always choose the lesser of two weevils?
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6652
its defrosting
Bahiti
+55|6656|Land of =KBK=

haffeysucks wrote:

GunSlinger OIF II wrote:

Then how bout you get off the damn computer and cook it already?

Don't forget the ketchup.  Oh, classic ketchup, how I love you.
LOL
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6652

cpt.fass1 wrote:

George Forman grill man...
what DOESNT that thing do...
Bahiti
+55|6656|Land of =KBK=

R3v4n wrote:

Bahiti wrote:

Quite the chef there arent you Bahiti!
I love to cook.  Mostly homemade stuff.  Hubby likes it too LOL  Got tons of recipes to share.  Just made homemade minestrone with pull apart yeast rolls for supper tonight.
kessel!
Peruvian Cocaine
+261|6773|Toronto Canada
you need a barbeque and some bacon

wrap the steak in bacon and add some montreal steak spice to it.

best ever. seriouz

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard