Tim15
OMG WTF BBQ111
+0|6696
Hi all
first i want to say: sorry for my bad english!!

but i got the following question. maybe it sound a bit n00bish but ok. i cant get the basic engineer badge!! every round i try i just get 3 or 4 repair points . maybe some of you can help me please!!

Thanks in advance

Tim
Obiwan
Go Cards !!
+196|6696|The Ville
Try being a commander. I still haven't got my repair badge yet, I am working on expert spec opps only 60 hours/ 40 kills to go for me. Ur rank determines if you get to be commander or not so don't get mad when you don't get it.
Tim15
OMG WTF BBQ111
+0|6696
but if your a rank (dunno which 1) you have to have all the badges else you cant promote. so maybe some1 got some tips for me . because i only need 2 more badges, then i got them all
Thanatos247
100% Artillery Magnet
+3|6752|Derby, England
Few things you can try - most from personal experience:

- Get into a vehicle as engineer and tag along with another vehicle. You repair them from the safety of your own vehicle.
- Get into a tank as passenger. When the tank gets damaged (when it's safe) jump out and repair.
- Repair your assets if they get blown up.
- Keep your round focused on repairing, dont get distracted by easy kills. That said, dont throw your life away by repairing when getting shot
- Keep moving while repairing. If someone shoots at you it will make it harder for them to hit you.
- Dont lie behind vehicles when repairing. Most tank drivers will backup without looking where they are going then get angry because you were in the way.
- Dont punish someone for running you over when you were repairing them. It was an accident!
- If you find yourself getting angry because you keep getting killed / miss out by a point or two, switch back to normal fighting for a while to chill out.
- Dont give up.

Happy wrenching, spanner monkey
Obiwan
Go Cards !!
+196|6696|The Ville
lol me to I need the c4 badge and repair.
Thanatos247
100% Artillery Magnet
+3|6752|Derby, England

Tim15 wrote:

but if your a rank (dunno which 1) you have to have all the badges else you cant promote. so maybe some1 got some tips for me . because i only need 2 more badges, then i got them all
Tim, I think the rank you are on about is first seargeant. The requirements can be found on UBAR:  http://ubar.bf2s.com/ranks.php
Tim15
OMG WTF BBQ111
+0|6696
Thanks ill try out your tips!!. if i got the badge ill post a reply
Tim15
OMG WTF BBQ111
+0|6696
if i repair a tank or something i dont get any repair points:S also if i repair a stinger or something, i dont get repair points....
Eckzack
The east-german Fuxxer
+37|6846|Germany / Saxony
You recieve one repair-point for recovering 100% health of an tank.
So you must repair a half-damaged tank 2 times....
An completly blown up arti is one repair point...
https://bf3s.com/sigs/384f5f7318c23ecb5909f14b157d6d31e8b5a332.png

IRNV-Field 3... New School Shit...
MURPHY-D.
+0|6705
Mashtuur City map.
Join the squad flying the Seahawk.
Grab the F-4 seat ( "Safest" non-crew seat on-board ).
Repair-Repair-Repair.
You'll have it before the round is over.
https://sig.gamedrome.com/gen/23036.jpg
Kriznik
+0|6773
engeneer in apc on Strike at Karkand grouped with 2 other vehicles (one of them have to be engeneer too)
if you will be moving together you can got 30+ repair points per round, cos you will be repairing constantly

or

join BlackHawk at Mastur City and repair repair repair ... but you have to have luck to get a lot of repair points in blackhawk...

or

be commander on Sonsua Statemale (or whatever is name) hide somewhere at main base and when enemies takes main base and destroy UAV/SCAN/ARTY go and repair (to full health) and hide again
they will go back for sure in a minute and destroy your toys again

Kriznik
chuyskywalker
Admin
+2,439|6849|"Frisco"

See above advice -- make sure to file posts in the correct forums, thanks!
Tim15
OMG WTF BBQ111
+0|6696
finnaly i got the badge thxs for all the help of you
engineer
+3|6724|Aalborg, Denmark
well dont be a commander but go to main and wait.
sooner or later somebody will blow ur commanders toys and u can repiar them
on some servers u wont get the point if u are commander, they will be moved to "Commander Score"
=ST6=SewerMaster
AK Whore
+152|6797|Barrington, RI
Wake Island as the PLA, spwan at the airfield and wait for the USMC to blow up the arty. run down and kill the said Spec Ops who will probably be hiding behind the small dune near the water or in the water waiting for a supply drop from his commander so he can blow up the last peice of artillery.  just toss a few grenades over the dune and you should kill him without taking any dmage yourself.  just make sure you tell your commander that you will fix his artillery so he won't use supplies on it.  this should net you two repair points, but the spec ops will be back several times for the points (they can't resist) so just repeat until you get 5 repair points.  if you have a squadmate play as a different kit you can have them cover you while you work.  the spec ops wion't fall for the grenade trick every time so have your shotgun out and request a UAV from the commander.
Obiwan
Go Cards !!
+196|6696|The Ville
I don't know which is harder repair or the c4 badge. I tried on strike at karkand for the c4 badge because I figured it would be easy when everyone is stuck in the side alley and trying to spawn camp the usmc base it worked but I got 12 kills lol, I was so mad so mad. That failed, that is a small tip that you can get your c4 badge at karkand. It becomes harder if your playing on usmc and they take the hotel so you do not have that much time.

Last edited by Obiwan (2005-12-29 20:59:07)

Bigpig
+0|6702
been trying all day for this badge then i read this. Got it first time doing the hide and wait on the wake map

thanks for the help
deject
Got His War On
+37|6775|Golden, CO
It's definetly a lot easier if the enemy blows up the commander assets.  Also, I like to hop into the gunner spot of a tank or APC and hop out if it needs repairing.  Of course you have to be careful when you hop out because you can get shot really easily that way.
schakl
+21|6690
Easiest way is to wait in base until a specops destroys the commander toys (happens in most of the games). The best is, if the enemy commander does a constant arti strike on base (with that trick I got my silver repair badge). Also good is two tanks or APCs both 'equipped' with engineers doing constant repair.
Buzerk1
+44|6837

Eckzack wrote:

You recieve one repair-point for recovering 100% health of an tank.
So you must repair a half-damaged tank 2 times....
An completly blown up arti is one repair point...
And someone must be in the vehicule to get the repair points....

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard