BFPro?

Yes31%31% - 9
No68%68% - 20
Total: 29
FesterTheMolester
BF2s US Server Admin, IRC>Forums
+157|6647|The Mind Of A Cereal Killer
IF YOU WILL NOT BE PARTICIPATING PLEASE DO NOT VOTE

hey there, there has been some debate about some of the details of the Second US Server Match...

this will just help to clear them up...

Unlocks
Date

Last edited by FesterTheMolester (2006-12-13 16:43:23)

SilentscoutIX
BF2s US Server Admin
+91|6395|Vancouver, BC, Canada
Yes, if not then please no unlocks? *puppyface*
Miller
IT'S MILLER TIME!
+271|6763|United States of America
I have no idea what BFPro is, anyone care to tell me?
Hurricane
Banned
+1,153|6638|Washington, DC

Miller wrote:

I have no idea what BFPro is, anyone care to tell me?
It's a competitive modification for BF2 used by the Cyberathlete Amateur League (CAL) and now the Teamwarfare League (TWL) is also integrating its usage.

It makes the game more fair, basically. Some spawnpoints are modified so as to prevent exploiting (On normal Mashtuur 16, the MEC can block the USMC from spawning at their initial base. The BFPro Mashtuur does not allow this by adding in another spawnpoint that can't be blocked). It also changes weapon accuracy to have less random deviation. This means that your bullets now actually go where you aim them.

Lots of people, generally those who do not do well in academics, think that it is a "noob" mod. This is hardly the case. If you had very good aim in BF2, you are rewarded in BFPro. If your aimed already sucked in BF2, then you'll be no better off in BFPro.

The only reason I voted against it for this competition is that not everyone may have adjusted to BFPro by the time the competition starts. I haven't played much of it so I wouldn't know the learning curve, but for the sake of fairness it should be vanilla BF2. For the next USA vs. Canada match (Match 3!), it should be planned in advance to have BFPro so as to give all players ample time to get used to the changes
Brasso
+1,549|6638

Hurricane wrote:

The only reason I voted against it for this competition is that not everyone may have adjusted to BFPro by the time the competition starts. I haven't played much of it so I wouldn't know the learning curve, but for the sake of fairness it should be vanilla BF2. For the next USA vs. Canada match (Match 3!), it should be planned in advance to have BFPro so as to give all players ample time to get used to the changes
I agree.  I'm sure BFPro is wonderful and all, but I rarely have time to play 2142, much less BF2.  How would we have enough time to try it out?  Spot on, Hurricane.
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
BigmacK
Back from the Dead.
+628|6758|Chicago.
Voted no.

And thanks to Hurricane for an accurate description.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard