Felonious-Crunk
+0|6787
I joined a City maps 24/7 server today and I decided to tank whore on Karkand ( OMGTANKWHORE! ). My team was doing pretty well and I ended with 17 kills and 2 deaths. Which is pretty good for me. We ended up winning the round.
       I loaded up Mashpotato City. The next round was a slightly different. This was Murphy's Law COME TO LIFE for me. I was shredded down to swiss cheese by a Black Hawk, Mowed down by tanks multiple times, blasted by good ol' arty, and anything else you can think of. . . I ended up with 2 kills and 17 deaths! The complete opposite.
       I HATE it when this happens to me, and it happens to me alot It's almost like required for me to bad in a round if I did good the next :@ I guess this supports Battlefield 2 Scientific Law #3

Has this ever happened to you? If so, share your fond memory.

Last edited by Felonious-Crunk (2005-12-29 03:06:46)

kR4MR
3 Tours Of 'Nam And All I Got Was This Lousy Forum
+3|6784|Aus
hahahaha, WORST TANK WHORE EVER

Well, I was medic sniping on ghost town and absolutely owning, tonnes of enemy snipers and not one one would get me for ages, I'd just be there killing 5 for every death, and next game I did the same and scored really well, oh wait, no karma there, unless it's reflected in people like you!

You play almost nothing but karkand and you have stats like that? And do nothing but tank whore? Find a new profession.
Felonious-Crunk
+0|6787

kR4MR wrote:

hahahaha, WORST TANK WHORE EVER

Well, I was medic sniping on ghost town and absolutely owning, tonnes of enemy snipers and not one one would get me for ages, I'd just be there killing 5 for every death, and next game I did the same and scored really well, oh wait, no karma there, unless it's reflected in people like you!

You play almost nothing but karkand and you have stats like that? And do nothing but tank whore? Find a new profession.
You do know how to read right? I decided to tank whore THAT ROUND. I never said I tank whore all the time. You're stats aren't any better than mine. Please try to post on topic.
DUFFKING
Insert witty comment here
+3|6805|Brixham, UK
He seems to think 17 kills with a tank is poor score, that's all.
Kniero
Banned
+1|6793|AZ
Whether or not "achieving" seventeen kills with armor is a hoot or not depends on the circumstance (map size/player count). Small map, full server - I would s'pose it to be good (though I don't really play on servers like that enough to really know). Medium map, 16 players - it would be a good score (if the round ended fast). In any other scenario, I'm sure that's nothing special. But, it is kind of ironic that a medic whore nub is talking down to an armor whore nub. Personally, medic whores take a higher degree of nubbishness, but that can also be variable when taking into account the pathetic armor users who only camp the Hotel spawns on Strike at Karkand (i.e. [TFG]Markus [also a medic whoring nub ]. IMHO, point yield (based on quality of whorer, as I see it) goes like this: Spec. Ops/Armor, Medic, Black Hawk (pilot if gunner is decent, gunner if both he and the pilot are good). Sad though, that there's only one 24/7 Mashtuury City server .

Well, back on topic (concerning this...supposed "karma"), I simply have to say that concepts of karma are illusory conjurations of bullshit.

Salutations,
Kniero
-|V2^Fraggus
+0|6754|Belgium
The big mistake most "t4Nk0rWhorez" make on karkand is that they attack and mingle in the full frontal attack at the hotel spawn. While playing rambo there they pay no attention to the fact that all the other spawns behind them are being captured by the enemy, and end up losing the round anyway. Spawn as "ENGI" check you map and place youself in the middle of the triangle "Suburb"->"market"<-"Train accident". And wait for the th US to come. Believe if they want to win the round they'll have to take atleast one of the spawns.
Regularly ask for "supps" from the "commie", if he's any good you keep hold these spawns including the mec base clean without even dying once and still get an kill score arround  30 to 40.
Where do you thing i got that 3.45 armor K/D rate from :pppp

For mashty I have some similar tactics to keep you K/D diffence somewhere arround 20 to 30. but thats another story for another topic.
mort4u
Artillery catcher
+5|6885|Munich, Germany
i only get bad karma when i try to get a badge.
either i get disconnected when i get close or i join in the middle of a round, do brilliant and in the next round nothing works anymore.
of course everything works fine when i dont play with a specific goal except wining :p
Kniero
Banned
+1|6793|AZ
When I'm armor (if my commander has focused on setting up reliable UAV support), I'll spawn camp only while taking a flag, and in this specific example, Hotel. If my commander sucks some hard, old balls, I'll position myself so that I have a hit on all 4 spawns at the Square while I sit and capture it. Once I do that, I either go farther north or proceed to stomp Hotel from the north. A big factor many people overlook is setting the sensitivity value for your "Land Vehicle" control settings higher - mine is currently at 5 (it helps in maintaining a constant state of awareness [and also aids in precision]).

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard