Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6643|132 and Bush

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20061210/ap_en_mo/box_office
https://tampastorm.smugmug.com/photos/116038308-M-0.jpg

LOS ANGELES -
Mel Gibson's bloody epic "Apocalypto" debuted as the No. 1 weekend movie, proving the filmmaker still can deliver a winner despite his drunken-driving arrest and anti-Semitic rant last summer.

On a side note did anyone see the spoof SNL did on it. They had a trailer that had a bunch of Mayan's running around saying we blame the Jews..lol.

Last edited by Kmarion (2006-12-10 18:22:11)

Xbone Stormsurgezz
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6717|Canberra, AUS
Hollywood suffers from amnesia.
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
Masques
Black Panzer Party
+184|6764|Eastern PA

Spark wrote:

America suffers from amnesia.
fix't
Stingray24
Proud member of the vast right-wing conspiracy
+1,060|6487|The Land of Scott Walker
I think Hollywood and America got their pound of flesh.  He said those things when he was drunk and he apologized.  100% of the people I've seen drunk say things they don't mean that are uncharacteristic of their sober views.  Gibson has not expressed any racism while sober.  Unlike what's his name from Seinfeld.
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6571|Global Command
Now the Mayans will be pissed though.

I don't believe you say things you wouldn't think while sober while drunk.
Being drunk makes you more likely to say whay you really think.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6643|132 and Bush

ATG wrote:

I've told a women before that I had a big one drunk, I knew better at the time...lol.

Last edited by Kmarion (2006-12-10 18:35:42)

Xbone Stormsurgezz
ATG
Banned
I told my wife that too, it worked!
You gotta tell her three times with a smirk so she knows your joking, but she'll think " well, maybe he does " and want to find out.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6643|132 and Bush

ATG wrote:

You gotta tell her three times with a smirk so she knows your joking, but she'll think " well, maybe he does " and want to find out.
I guess the trick is to get them drunk, not yourself..
Xbone Stormsurgezz
ATG
Banned

Kmarion wrote:

ATG wrote:

I guess the trick is to get them drunk, not yourself..
Just NEVER believe a girl when she says " I'm on the pill. "
And, if you've just  met her  and that night  shes dropping her knickers for you realize you are tapping into a walking sperm bank and keep a sheath on it. When I was young, I carried one in my wallet.
I remember once a cop was hassling me and  he was looking through my wallet. He pulled the Trojan out and said " What's this for? "

I replied in deadpan seriousness;

" Fucking, sir ".

Last edited by ATG (2006-12-10 19:04:08)

Stingray24

ATG wrote:

. . . When I was young, I carried one in my wallet.
I remember once a cop was hassling me and  he was looking through my wallet. He pulled the Trojan out and said " What's this for? "

I replied in deadpan seriousness;   " Fucking, sir ".
Did you rotate it out for a new one once in awhile? Shelf life could cause a disaster. Or were you just that much of a stud? ;D

Last edited by Stingray24 (2006-12-10 19:13:56)

Stingray24

ATG wrote:

I disagree.  I've seen the interviews with Gibson and he struggles with alcoholism.  That's a whole different level above just being drunk.  For the average person this can happen, but it's even worse for an alcoholic. I have a good friend who struggles the same way.  I can enjoy one drink and stop, but he cannot.  He is a moral person, so normally his values keep the bad side in check.  But when he falls off the wagon, he's a different person.  The alcohol takes away his control and it's all human nature on display.  As I've said before, we humans are selfish little wankers down deep.  A substance we choose to consume can erode control and allow words or actions we don't really agree with to happen.  I feel sorry for Gibson that he has an addiction to struggle with, hope he gets help.
Pug
UR father's brother's nephew's former roommate
+652|6584|Texas - Bigger than France

Spark wrote:

Hollywood suffers from amnesia.
True, but the Amnesians are very upset with Hollywood portraying their country as a bunch of brainless wonders who can't remember the past or learn from their mistakes.  So I don't blame them for hating Hollywood.  They should stay on their little island and live their own lives in seclusion.

Where's Amnesia again?  An island around Indonesia?  Or is it in the Atlantic?
Colfax
PR Only
+70|6686|United States - Illinois
I haven't seen the movie yet but plan to.  I don't think a drunken rant reflects his directing ability on a film.  And if you tell people not to see something they will.  Also last i heard Seinfeld DVD sales were UP.  If you judged every fault of Hollywood and boycotted it you would have a hard time seeing any movie or watching any show.
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6643|132 and Bush

Colfax wrote:

I haven't seen the movie yet but plan to.  I don't think a drunken rant reflects his directing ability on a film.  And if you tell people not to see something they will.  Also last i heard Seinfeld DVD sales were UP.  If you judged every fault of Hollywood and boycotted it you would have a hard time seeing any movie or watching any show.
Seifeld is a little tougher because we all got to see the rant. With Gibson we have to use our imagination.
Xbone Stormsurgezz
Fancy_Pollux
Connoisseur of Fine Wine
+1,306|6688
The interview with Mel Gibson about his drunken rant pissed me off. The woman is asking him "Why did you say those horrible things etc etc".

Why the fuck do you think!? He was drunk! Case closed.
s()mtingWong
+48|6735
Have anyone seen it? Is it worth the money to go and watch it in the theatre's or is it one of those movies where ripping it off the net to watch it at home type of movie? This movie should be the most bloodiest movie of all since the aztecs ritiuals was to sacrifice a human by cutting there chest open and taking out the heart while it was still beating .

EDIT: I just hope its not like passion of the christ where you would be reading thru out the entire movie.

Last edited by s()mtingWong (2006-12-11 09:38:35)

usmarine2007
Banned
+374|6409|Columbus, Ohio
I love Hollywood....

https://img323.imageshack.us/img323/5701/resizest9.jpg
herrr_smity
+156|6670|space command ur anus
what exactly did he say that was sooo anti semitic
kr@cker
Bringin' Sexy Back!
+581|6591|Southeastern USA
look he had a bad day and apologized and faced his demons in front of the world without trying to cop out blaming hurricane katrina, george bush, and the iraq war like michael richards did, he's been under fire from the jews for years after they saw the passion and saw it as an anti-semitic piece, it's a wonder he didn't blow his top sooner. he's an excellent actor and filmmaker. mad max will kick your ass..............................

especially if your jewish.

sorry, couldn't resist
Stingray24

Fancy_Pollux wrote:

The interview with Mel Gibson about his drunken rant pissed me off. The woman is asking him "Why did you say those horrible things etc etc".

QFT

s()mtingWong wrote:

Have anyone seen it? Is it worth the money to go and watch it in the theatre's or is it one of those movies where ripping it off the net to watch it at home type of movie? This movie should be the most bloodiest movie of all since the aztecs ritiuals was to sacrifice a human by cutting there chest open and taking out the heart while it was still beating .

EDIT: I just hope its not like passion of the christ where you would be reading thru out the entire movie.
Small point: Maya are different than Aztec and Inca correct? I'm pretty sure Aztec and Inca came to power later or maybe my history is off.
usmarine2007
Banned
+374|6409|Columbus, Ohio

Fancy_Pollux wrote:

Alcohol, natures truth serum.
Pug
UR father's brother's nephew's former roommate
+652|6584|Texas - Bigger than France
Check out the hilarity in the Apocalypto clip from SNL over the weekend:

http://www.nbc.com/Saturday_Night_Live/videos/
Kmar
Truth is my Bitch
+5,695|6643|132 and Bush

Pug wrote:

Check out the hilarity in the Apocalypto clip from SNL over the weekend:

http://www.nbc.com/Saturday_Night_Live/videos/

Xbone Stormsurgezz
OpsChief
+101|6718|Southern California
I guess I am not amazed that Gibson's film is a success, even in the light of his drunken indescretion.

Here is why Hollywood miscalculated Gibson. 

Unless I have ignored the world events lately more than 70% of the world doesn't care when someone makes an anti-jewish comment, even when it is made by sober Nazis. Next there are people who make it their business to insult members of the Jewish faith, so add more to it. Now add some Catholics, another billion so thats 15% more. You see there were only three groups who even listened to the drunk man ramble ethnic slurs. Nobody else cared much. Evidence is the movie.

"Hollywood" tried to make a big deal by tying in 'The Passion of the Christ" as being anto-semitic, even though the major players in period of 0-33 AD were either Jewish, Arab or Roman.

"Hollywood" overplayed the incident and now acts astonished at the "insensitivity" if the world! Is there no middle ground? Either we "must" be oversensitive or insensitive...how about mature, understanding and patient Hollywood?
OpsChief
+101|6718|Southern California

usmarine2007 wrote:

Fancy_Pollux wrote:

Alcohol, natures truth serum.
lol Marine!  You mean to tell me you NEVER LIE when drunk?  What about that hot babe you met at the club? When you told her "........." fill in with whatever lies as needed to get some. 

Alcohol may make people uninhibitied but to what end? Only truth? na not these humans, maybe some other planet.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard