GorillaTicTacs
+231|6384|Kyiv, Ukraine
What would be the most fair way to do this, it really pisses me off that I'm somewhere in the 27,000 range of the leaderboards when I'd say a MAJORITY of those over me gained at least half their points from exploiting a bug.  I figure if they just erased those points from everyone, we'd see a major shift in our rankings, thinking that myself would jump to the top 3000 to 5000 range.

Right now the leaderboards have absolutely ZERO integrity until they fix this.

I don't want these people that did this wiped completely, just take away points from this from their scores (and my own as well to be fair).  Keep your rank, keep your unlocks, I don't care, I just want the charts to be what they are supposed to be, a representation of both your skill and dedication to playing and not your ability to spam 2 buttons on a crazy exploit.

Last edited by GorillaTicTacs (2006-12-14 03:58:45)

Macca
Cylons' my kinda frak
+72|6456|Australia.
Hmm...I think its really up to EA. But I would like to see their stats erased and anything earned by those stats are erased.
Because it's not fair. I'll be playing a few rounds and get and average score of about 60-90. And someone gets like a score of 170 because they paddled ammo giving or some thing. Like people that spam grenades on the Titan...instant ammo giving points if you're support.
aardfrith
Δ > x > ¥
+145|6803

GorillaTicTacs wrote:

What would be the most fair way to do this, it really pisses me off that I'm somewhere in the 27,000 range of the leaderboards when I'd say a MAJORITY of those over me gained at least half their points from exploiting a bug.  I figure if they just erased those points from everyone, we'd see a major shift in our rankings, thinking that myself would jump to the top 3000 to 5000 range.

Right now the leaderboards have absolutely ZERO integrity until they fix this.

I don't want these people that did this wiped completely, just take away points from this from their scores (and my own as well to be fair).  Keep your rank, keep your unlocks, I don't care, I just want the charts to be what they are supposed to be, a representation of both your skill and dedication to playing and not your ability to spam 2 buttons on a crazy exploit.
What's fair about this idea?  You're talking about punishing everyone because some people cheated, which seems totally UNfair to me.

The only fair way of dealing with this that I can see is to delete (or reset) the accounts of the people who cheated.  You just need to look at the number of titan air drops that people have done to see who has used this glitch, set a base mark for what's possible through normal gameplay and target the people who are above that level.

How many would be a reasonable number?  Would 1000 titan air drops be okay?  Anyone that has more than 1000 titian air drops should be reset or, better yet, deleted.
Zefar
+116|6659|Sweden
They should reset those who abuse bugs, glitches, cheaters(Well they should permant ban these people) and stat padders.

Also I don't think the majority of players used some kind of glitch to get loads of points. But don't just go reset people who didn't abuse any glitch of any kind. IF they do that then they should reset everyone instead of those who worked hard for their score to actually have fun with their kits.
General Custer
Banned
+6|6363

Macca wrote:

Hmm...I think its really up to EA. But I would like to see their stats erased and anything earned by those stats are erased.
Because it's not fair. I'll be playing a few rounds and get and average score of about 60-90. And someone gets like a score of 170 because they paddled ammo giving or some thing. Like people that spam grenades on the Titan...instant ammo giving points if you're support.
please. tell me what stat paddling is.

i know what stat-padding is..
but not stat paddling.

please enlighten the community.
DoctorFruitloop
Level 13 Wrongdoer
+515|6556|Doncaster, UK

Macca wrote:

How the hell is resupplying people who are doing the job of defending the titan "paddling" - sic. ?

Some guy gets a better score than you and suddenly it's not fair?
Use0fWeapons
Get repairs here
+60|6543|Doncaster - UK
i had considered this idea myself, and while i think it would be a little unfair to those people who got the pin and the points the correct way, its not to much trouble to go get it again.  So yes, remove the points for the pin and the drops for everyone.

BUT, is this even possible?
mavrick 3399
EA GAMES PATCH EVERYTHING
+102|6552|Doncaster UK
its not fair doc your a higher rank than me !!!!!!

edit this is just me spamming for fun

Last edited by mavrick 3399 (2006-12-14 05:00:19)

Use0fWeapons
Get repairs here
+60|6543|Doncaster - UK

DoctorFruitloop wrote:

Macca wrote:

.... Like people that spam grenades on the Titan...instant ammo giving points if you're support.
How the hell is resupplying people who are doing the job of defending the titan "paddling" - sic. ?

Agreed.

The lines of what is and is not padding are often blurred, but it would have to be a pretty odd situation for this to be padding.

Perhaps one lads just sat dangling his feet offer the edge of the titan, dropping grenades.  And the support lads left his hub open while he works on his tan?  Now that would be padding.

But that is not the point of this thread, which is looking at the titan drop glitch only.  Think you miss understood.
Rogue_granny
+22|6576
I agree it is getting out of hand, i was on a server last night where 1 player Arab i think you call him had a ping of over 200 for the whole round, he just sat on the Titan repairing the guns and obliterating the ground with them and ended up with an end of round score of 110 and gold medal. Not only does it piss me off that he can come on to a titan server with a ping this high making it harder due to server lag issues for other player but also, he can walk away with a gold and the top score when it is blatant that he has no skill what so ever as there is no way with a ping of 200 your going to be able to move. E.A. should make a move to do something if not to just put the scares on stat padders by erasing a few.
So i think it is an excellent idea if all point to do with titan drops were erased, would be good to see how drastically the leaderboard would change.

Last edited by Rogue_granny (2006-12-14 05:32:28)

Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6703
As far as I knew all of the point gaining exploits were patched out (except for the original one with defibs and a knife). But you can still get ammo points from things you probaly shouldn't.
Zefar
+116|6659|Sweden

DoctorFruitloop wrote:

Macca wrote:

*snicker* paddling *snicker*
GorillaTicTacs
+231|6384|Kyiv, Ukraine
My idea specifically was this, and it is something they could easily do by a simple database sweep.

Step 1 - Find just the accounts that were active before the last patch.  Eliminate those that were not from the sweep just to narrow things down and not hit new people that obviously didn't use this glitch.

Step 2 - Generate a simple ratio of (Titan Drop Points)/(Career Points - Awards Bonus)  You should be able to then go down the list fast and find a gap between 0.01 and 0.25 and above.  There will be a gray area here, but the cut-off should be around 0.10.  Mine is around 0.002 or so, on the Romanian Leaderboards, the top 3 have ratios around 0.7 to 0.91, while #4 has about a 0.007, your mileage may vary.

Step 3 - Deduct all points from titan drops from the player's scores that don't make the cut-off.  Don't touch their unlocks or rank, just create a larger point deficit to the next rank.  Update Leaderboards.  Done. 

Notes - Don't worry about points from the pins, let them keep it.  Points from awards, including pins, don't count towards the Leaderboards anyways.  That's my whole point, restore integrity to the Leaderboards.  When they start giving away public recognition, awards, or even prizes based on these then integrity is absolutely essential.

Note 2 - About the ammo glitch, it's possible to do this same process for Ammo Point scores, but I guarantee the line between exploiter and legit will be VERY hard to distinguish.
tupla_s
+455|6602|Finland
Didn't they reset the padders already?

This is from battlefield.fi
GamesSpy performed a large stats swipe to clean out any stats padders. Over 16.000 accounts was effected of this clean up. These swipes are done to keep the game fair and are very necessary because stat padders in fact ruin the whole online gaming experience.
EA and GameSpy are now going through all accounts to check and make sure that no innocent victims were hit. If they find any, they will restore those accounts.
GorillaTicTacs
+231|6384|Kyiv, Ukraine
Check my stats, go to my leaderboards, and hit the "country" filter...they missed a few.  I think their original way they filtered whoever they cut was based on "best round score".  This system is mildly effective, but will hit "innocent victims" who just happened to have a stellar round.
Use0fWeapons
Get repairs here
+60|6543|Doncaster - UK
to GorillaTicTacs.

i like that idea, nice and well thought out.  Could work to i suppose, but i have no idea how they handle the data, so i will try not to comment to much.

I do think that they should drop the pin points of of the career score as well though.  Points obviously matter to the glitchers, so remove them.

BUT....
Its not going to happen, i don't think.
a_fraudulent_miracle
+7|6726|MoVal, Southern California
Anyone with a ridiculously high-round score should be analyzed for stat padding, because there is no way in hell you can achieve such a score without padding or making the server a "high points" server, which is against BFROE. EA shouldn't punish everyone, rather, they should punish the abusers and such. There's a guy on my leaders whom i saw statpadding and he hasn't been discovered... he's like in the 2000-5000 range. I'd like to see his sorry ass stat-wiped, or at least have the illegitimate points erased.
Entertayner
+826|6581

Superior Mind wrote:

As far as I knew all of the point gaining exploits were patched out (except for the original one with defibs and a knife). But you can still get ammo points from things you probaly shouldn't.
Like drones?  You can also heal yourself from out of bounds punish but lets not let everyone know.
Macca
Cylons' my kinda frak
+72|6456|Australia.
Wait wait, so you mean:

When the game has just started, and the Titan shields are on 100%, 2 people spamming nades down the corridor isn't padding. Like, how can your Consoles get destroyed when the shields of the Titan are still at 100%

(And it's a spelling mistake, I probably didn't see it. So if you want to know its "padding" not "paddling")
Use0fWeapons
Get repairs here
+60|6543|Doncaster - UK

Macca wrote:

Macca wrote:

Wait wait, so you mean:

When the game has just started, and the Titan shields are on 100%, 2 people spamming nades down the corridor isn't padding. Like, how can your Consoles get destroyed when the shields of the Titan are still at 100%

(And it's a spelling mistake, I probably didn't see it. So if you want to know its "padding" not "paddling")
Ok, now you explain it better.  But there is no way to stop this.  If two people cooperate to pad up their stats like that.

However your first post implied you thought any 'resupply' in a titan, and specifically grenades, was padding, and frankly thats stupid. 
So, we are all right i think.  We agree in the end.  Ahhh, isn't it nice.

And with ref the padding / paddling, its a funny mistake, hence the joking.  Don't take it to heart.
I might actually use it intentionally from now on.  Being as its usually small minded people that do it.  And they probably should stick to th paddling pools, and stay away from th older boys. 
aardfrith
Δ > x > ¥
+145|6803

Entertayner wrote:

Superior Mind wrote:

Like drones?  You can also heal yourself from out of bounds punish but lets not let everyone know.
I didn't think the drones ever gave ammo points - they fire continuously and never reload, unlike the titan guns.
Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6663
it would be fairly easy to distinguish between the people who have a shitload of those pins, and those who have done it for real and so have a normal amount of them.
https://i.imgur.com/HTmoH.jpg
Mafia47
+27|6751|Chicago
i already got reset...and its easy as hell to get your points back. I wouldn't care about stats if i didn't get unlocks with them (hence my gayness before)
Macca
Cylons' my kinda frak
+72|6456|Australia.

Use0fWeapons wrote:

Macca wrote:

Macca wrote:

Wait wait, so you mean:

Ok, now you explain it better.  But there is no way to stop this.  If two people cooperate to pad up their stats like that.

However your first post implied you thought any 'resupply' in a titan, and specifically grenades, was padding, and frankly thats stupid. 
So, we are all right i think.  We agree in the end.  Ahhh, isn't it nice.

And with ref the padding / paddling, its a funny mistake, hence the joking.  Don't take it to heart.
I might actually use it intentionally from now on.  Being as its usually small minded people that do it.  And they probably should stick to th paddling pools, and stay away from th older boys. 
Yep, my bad. Should've explained it better, apologies for that. And really, only die hard padding is padding...if you know what I mean. For example, Driving in and out of the "No go area"...and you probably know with what kit. And alot more others which I won't discuss.

(And no, I don't think any 'resupply' in the Titan is padding, especially when you go Recon and start running out of RDX).
Macca
Cylons' my kinda frak
+72|6456|Australia.

a_fraudulent_miracle wrote:

Anyone with a ridiculously high-round score should be analyzed for stat padding, because there is no way in hell you can achieve such a score without padding or making the server a "high points" server, which is against BFROE. EA shouldn't punish everyone, rather, they should punish the abusers and such. There's a guy on my leaders whom i saw statpadding and he hasn't been discovered... he's like in the 2000-5000 range. I'd like to see his sorry ass stat-wiped, or at least have the illegitimate points erased.
Yeah, I remember playing the game the first day it came out (Australia), there used to be about 3-5 people with a score of 0 deaths, 0 kills, and an insane tw score of about 70-100.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard